Reviews for Soul's Reflection
Kilometers chapter 13 . 3/7
Fangtastic. Truly. This is the sort of stuff I will keep looking for in fanfiction, be it a V3 Soulbound AU or another piece of yours or anything of this quality (like, seriously, damn good writing).
Again your educated guesses have continued to hold a surprising amount of water through V3 and V4 and I'm eager to see if we ever get similar explorations from RT such as you have provided. I'm still flabbergasted at how accurately you were able to perceive and project the characters based on even the potentially misleading info we had on them as of V2 (I was pretty convinced Ironwood was shifty).
I love the core concept of Soulbound with the aura bonding because that whole sequence with Pyrrha unlocking Jaune's aura seemed so... important, and yet we've had virtually no payoff or explanation of just what that process was even after V4. Henceforward I will carry many of your ideas in my headcanon until they are proven irrefutably false.
What should I read next...
Kilometers chapter 12 . 3/7
A worthy improvement to a disappointing finale!
Kilometers chapter 11 . 3/7
Best Doctor Ever indeed!
You stayed true to form in this one and I love the nuances you added (Blake and Roman's exchange for example). It was seamless and worked perfectly!
"...not even a remote chance that [Blake] would seriously entertain rejoining the White Fang..." Unless... (cue that satisfying V4C11 turnaround) Hehehehe.
Kilometers chapter 8 . 3/6
I'm bouncing in my seat and am having too many thoughts to not write them down as I read!
Blake & Ruby: THIS IS THE BEST SCENE AND IT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED AND DEFINITELY COULD HAVE OR COULD STILL IN CANON. This made me so happy to read. Well done :'D
Sun & Blake: I was super curious about how this would play out. I guessed wrong on the full wingman thing, at least for now! This was appropriately tense and awkward at all the right times and there's something so tremendously satisfying to hear your Sun basically foreshadowing their V4 interactions as they hash out their differences in the wake of his own aggravating stubbornness. Nice turnaround incorporating the canon scenes with your own (as always).
Yang & Blake: Delightful. Would Blake have repeatedly mentioned the White Fang aloud in public like that? Otherwise, perfection.
Ruby & Weiss: Again, your depiction of Ruby and Weiss (White Rose or no) is so perfectly in line with how we know them to be both as individuals and partners in canon that its giving me newfound appreciation for both characters. As much as I want to skip ahead to more Bumbleby stuff I can't bring myself to miss out on these interactions. Such wonderful, honest friendship :)
Neptune & Pyrrha: Now there's a nice twist! Playful critique: Pyrrha says "I apologize" instead of "I'm sorry"... and then you twist it so that Neptune sees Ruby who also "can't dance" and the light bulb goes on and BOOM you've gone and edited canon again to be better and somehow still pretty much be canon. Love it.
Yang & Blake: One thing I wonder about is how much time or energy Yang would have given to her own romantic interests, even as a teenager. A part of me thinks she was too invested in being full-time surrogate mom to invest in anything more than the odd ogle (a la V1C3) or flirtatious remark. Also, Blake also seems almost... too comfortable here. Not that I mind, but after trying to keep their relationship so hush-hush it seems strange that she's so open to showing affection or even talking, carefree, as much as she is.
Yang & Jaune: Nice touch throwing Jaune into the background, having "overheard" Pyrrha and Neptune. And nice touch with Yang's reaction to his need for a dress.
Blake & Yang: Yesssssssssssssssssssss. I have been thinking about Shine in the context of Bumbleby for quite some time and am thrilled to have seen someone else apply it to the seemingly less obvious ship.
Sun & Penny: I'll admit I skimmed over a lot of earlier Penny stuff but now I'm wishing I hadn't because this interaction is too friggin adorable. Not adorable enough for me to join the crew of the ship but what a wonderful unexplored relationship!
Ruby: Nice novelization of this scene.
GREAT WORK! I'm two years too late but oh well. This continues to be a delightful ride. I am indeed enjoying Neptune more as a character. Never disliked him but he was certainly useless/needless/filler in my mind, although the scene of him dancing alone towards the end of the dance is priceless. Great interpolation of the Atlas guards having something to do with the resistance at the tower - answers questions that I hadn't considered even after dozens of viewings.
Kilometers chapter 7 . 3/6
I absolutely love what you've done in terms of "remixing" these scenes. Bold move to throw Sun into full wingman mode. At first I was a bit hesitant to accept it but honestly that still potentially works post-V4, as he could have followed Blake both out of a sense of friendship AND duty to Yang. In fact, in my mind his wingman behaviour gives valid canonical context to his questionable stalking on her way to Menagerie... thanks for that! Anywho, while I am always a bit wary of anything Weiss, she's grown on me a lot both in canon and through your and other fanfics. This is perhaps my favourite depiction of her and Ruby's relationship, as it is SO spot-on and SO pure and wonderful. I better keep reading...
Kilometers chapter 6 . 3/5
As suspected, you're continuing to deliver. And again, the educated guesswork you've done pre-V3 is outstanding, particularly in the context of your own novelization and your enhancement of what already exists canonically. Amazing how well and how much of this could still work as of post-V4!
SubtleKitsune chapter 13 . 2/25
I... am afraid I'm a bit disappointed by Soul's Reflection, overall. Soulbound was amazing, and while it was a novelization you added so many little scenes and conversations that helped the two big relationships happen. It didn't feel like the same old story.

Soul's Reflection, on the other hand, felt like more of it was just reading the canon script. The bonds weren't explored nearly as much as I expected (a few mentions of "the Ruby-warmth" early on, and then nothing until Weiss used it as Ruby-radar in Mountain Glenn). There seemed to be a lot less elaboration on the pairs' interactions in general, which was disappointing as they and their bonds are the main difference between this and canon. The dance was very, very good, and Breach was almost as good, but the rest felt... uninspired.
A fan of this chapter 13 . 9/11/2016
So over the last few weeks I powered through both soul bound and this. Yes my brain hurts, no I regret nothing! Anyways I just wanted to pop in and say that I really enjoyed reading both of these. I don't know if you ever made a decision regarding novelizing volume three, but with October 22nd rapidly approaching I get the feeling that you have decided against it. You've probably addressed that somewhere but I'm a bit to lazy to go find it XD. Anyways If you ever are considering doing it I can guarantee I'll be first in line to read it.

Keep up the good work~
A fan of this chapter 9 . 9/6/2016
So I was listening to a rwby Playlist while reading this. When I got to this chapter. divide started playing. So I got to read the discussion between ozpin and ironwood with "form your armies, dream your dreams. Make your plans and plot your schemes".in the background. Followed by the whole part directed at ozpin in the song. I found it fitting XD
TacoKing23 chapter 11 . 5/13/2016
THANK YOU SO MUCH for giving a plausible explanation for Zwei becoming a goddamn cannonball fired by a COMPLETE STRANGER. Seriously, I hated that particular scene in the show so much that I considered it non-canon, and ignored it whenever I re-watched the episode. It was SO STUPID to me. After reading your interpretation of it, I think I can finally accept it as a thing that actually happened in the canon story.

Also, good job explaining Yang's loss to Neo. I was never seriously hung up on it, but it always seemed a little odd. It makes a lot more sense in this context.
C A Moore chapter 8 . 3/9/2016
More nice sweet White Rose, love it.
ColdGoldLazarus chapter 13 . 3/4/2016
This was just as enjoyable as Soulbound, honestly, and I especially liked what you did with Breach. Even if you don't give Volume 3 a similar treatment, I'm interested on what you thought of it. And good luck with the relaxing plan!
Eternalmetalhead chapter 13 . 3/2/2016
Just powered through this and soulbound in the space of 2 days... all i can say is that i would be very interested in reading a rewrite of vol 3 even though it was frickin amazing (at least in my humble opinion) or at the very least a little one- or two-shot set in this universe where yang finally goes and has some stern words with weiss about her sister... XD seriously, i really want to see that, particularly since yang's attitude to white rose kinda reflects my own :P but i suppose that's just wishful thinking on my part XD in any case, a wonderful job, and after your well-earned break i look forward to any new works you may have to offer :D
Skeeter451 chapter 13 . 2/12/2016
So now that Vol. III is nearly done, are you working on the novelization?
Vampwriter chapter 13 . 1/9/2016
Ironwood is naive. He thinks what he's doing is for the greater good, but he's just fooling himself. And it seems he can't find it in him to really extend trust to Ozpin, despite the fact that the headmaster probably knows what he's doing a lot more than anyone else does. On top of that James wouldn't know subtlety if it struck him across the back of the head. That's what he's really missing that Ozpin was wanting.
If James had had his way earlier then the White Fang may have succeeded with the plan. But because of Ozpin's allowance of Team RWBY's mission things turned out a lot better than they could have..
Now for the crazy bitch's part, she's right to think it's not coincidence that Ruby and her team are constantly in the way. As far as that universe goes, it would seem Ruby is the champion of the Higher Powers. So it goes without saying that she and her team will nearly always be in the right place at the right time to interfere in the psycho's plots to commit genocide. And to be perfectly honest, when she dies, I sincerely hope it's with Crescent Rose buried in her gut. Right after her loyal little puppy gets her own head removed of course. And is it wrong for me to wish horrible death on Torchwick?
Well, that's all I got. I hope to see the next sequel, because, lets face it, it's gonna happen. I'd like to see how your changes effect what's to come. Hm, perhaps a conversation with CFVY about what Cocco saw? Might be interesting... Am I being blatant here, or what?