Reviews for First, Do No Harm
bexxe chapter 1 . 3/6
Owwww...that's hard and painful but very real. Now I have to think.
ejectingthecore chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
Stark and lovely, as always.
Trekkie2 chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
This is a good story even though it is so bittersweet!
deactivated-03-07-11 chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
This is so dark and tragic and absolutely outstanding...

I have no more words because I'm a little bit in shock from how amazing your writing is, you make the reader feel everything the characters feel (*wipes a tear*) :)

x
Kittenmommy chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
Oh wow. This is remarkably dark and twisted. Love it!
Allergic-to-Paradox chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
Wow. That was really good. My favourite line- The words fall to the ground somewhere between the two of you. You can practically hear them hit the wooden floor, shatter from the impact of a love too brittle and heavy for her to want to take it with her.

It's so sad...

~Allyp
SarahMc chapter 1 . 12/13/2002
How could I have not discovered this little gem earlier? How can it only have one review? This story is simply incredible - it completely blew me away. Especially good because it's so hard to find McCoy-related drama on

I should be able to think of more to comment but the previous reviewer said it all. I love your twist on the relationships, I love your characterisation, I love your love triangle (a concept that generally tends to come across as tacky but definately works here) and I just adore this story. Bravo : )
Blynneda chapter 1 . 12/13/2002
Wow. Damn, I've been starting a number of my reviews lately with that word. But it fits...wow.

I love the twist on these relationships, the pain, the bitterness, the need. The perspective is interesting, too. It's interesting how you've taken a tv show with fairly innocent relationships and put into a very harsh situation. But I think it can fit with the characters. I've read some of your stories before (and I guess I've reviewed them, too, actually), and I'm increasingly impressed with your portrayals. It's interesting, you've chosen a character (Chapel) that wasn't defined very clearly in the show, and really thrown her into different relationships to see what develops. I see a slightly different "Christine" in many of the stories. And your stories don't all fit into the same "universe" which is also interesting. Damn, have I used the word "interesting" excessively here?

The "shore leave-sickbay" dichotomy is very powerful (okay, I just wanted to use the word "dichotomy" here). I like how it's a "sex" story in the sense that that's what going on, but the whole internal monologue is really about the relationship, instead of (just) the sex. To quote a certain Vulcan, "Fascinating."

I like the line "Her emotions remain a mystery." The fact that Spock is involved here takes that one line to another level.

Hmm, that little box belows says I should tell you how to improve this story. Well, I really don't know. Sorry, can't help you there. You've really got things down on this one. Thanks! (for writing it so I could read it? I've often wondered why people thank me in my reviews. I guess, thanks for the free entertainment.)