Reviews for Second Wind
Jisca chapter 12 . 2/21/2015
Hahahahahahahaha I love time travel
Eclairs and Flower Crowns chapter 11 . 2/21/2015
Do you realize how amazing you are to be able to write long chapters perfectly in such a limited amount of time? Do you ever sleep or eat or go out or do you work on perfecting each chapter 24/7 (That was a joke, please don't take it seriously)?
xlunatica chapter 9 . 2/21/2015
I whole-heartedly agree with your decision to not have Gin join the crew. I think, for one, it ruins the dynamics of the initial crew. Two, it's Luffy and Zoro going back in time to save the old crew - with everything they went through together in the past, I think the two of them would be less inclined to have others join since (a statement that sounded a lot better in my head). And not to mention, a lot of these time-travel fix-it sort of fics have additional canon characters join and they don't make much of a contribution to the crew. It has a lot to do with size, I think - the more crew members, the less time we have to explore each individual.
Great story, and a very decent One Piece time travel fiction that remains exciting despite the very easy villain defeats. I think what really makes it enjoyable is that it's told in the perspective of several characters, and, as such it makes Luffy and Zoro truly mysterious even though we know what it was that happened to them. Keep up the good work!
Zombietooth chapter 11 . 2/21/2015
Awesome ending to The Arlong Arc *.*
Also, somehow you always manage to find just the perfect words every time a new crew member finally joins for real. Like with Name there. I LOVED how Luffy just casually mentions dream of creating a world map - maybe even more than canon Luffy's shout at the end of the Arlong fight.

Also, because I haven't said anything about it until now: You're awesome to write so quickly that you update practically every day :3
Anon chapter 8 . 2/18/2015
I'd rather you not have gin join the crew. There are already enough straw hats that you have to juggle. There's no need to complicate things when you have such a good set up.
Guest chapter 8 . 2/18/2015
zoro would be lost in their duel cause he didn't have the III kitetsu and shuisui yet :)
innocent94 chapter 10 . 2/20/2015
nice fic with quick updates hope you continue with the speed of updates
Phantomfray chapter 10 . 2/20/2015
I really liked Luffy's explanation of why they couldn't just take out Arlong right then and there. I like the story, the voice is really good and the characters are not ridiculously stereotyped like in some fanfictions but I feel bothered by the plot. So far all the characters are doing is going through the same thing they did in cannon with a few key differences, like defeating the enemy alot easier and using haki. Although to write it that way still takes alot of skill and planing readers get bored if it is the second or third time travel fic they have read because the plot is essentially the same. Mabey you could show Luffy taking a more active role in shaping the timeline, or put some arcs out of order, or add reactions of others, the world government, Garp, Dragon, Luffy's brothers to the story. You could change small details, like when Luffy gets his bounty and how much it is, what if they accidentally gave the bounty to Zorro or something. They could deal with enemies in different to create new situations and interactions than are found in cannon. I think the main difficulty with writing time travel fics is dealing with overpowered characters in a weak world, keeping said characters from overshadowing or stunting the froth of other crewmates, making it original, and forming the intricate relationships between the crew mates that is found in cannon. That said I love Luffy's analysis of the barrel and the wirlpool in chapter 1, his analysis of Don Kreg and Gins survival in the grand line, and his analysis of Zorro's fight with Mihawk.
Zombietooth chapter 10 . 2/20/2015
I'd what you mean - I know your Arlong Park Arc only just begun this chapter, but there was already plenty awesome moments xD
Like Zoro and the hammer whacking he received (and let me tell you, I didn't know that Zoro could end up as such a perfect butt-end of a joke pfffff)

About that last phrase - wasn't that what Zoro told Luffy after his fight against Usopp for the Merry-go? When Luffy cried and said something like "It's so hard [a captains duty]" (and I just again realised how much of a OP need I really am *.*)
zangoules chapter 10 . 2/20/2015
Great chapter! I felt the feels.
layla-kyoyama chapter 10 . 2/20/2015
wao! *O* i love your fic! excellent!
Eclairs and Flower Crowns chapter 10 . 2/20/2015
Using Zoro's own words against him. Smart. I liked the whole scene from Zoro about to take down Arlong to the end. How to you keep these updates coming so frequently? Are most of the chapters already done and you're updating them slowly?
zangoules chapter 9 . 2/19/2015
It was a really good fight from start to finish. From character thoughts and skills displayed. I award you with two thumbs up!
Kojo208 chapter 9 . 2/19/2015
I love the fight between Zoro and Mihawk looking forward to when they fight other new world class enemies that they meet early(Does Luffy's gramps count as one?)
Zombietooth chapter 9 . 2/19/2015
Loved the Zoro/Mihawk fight. Especially when Zoro managed to cut Hawk Eye's cheek and surprised him with a few of his moves. I was constantly- and loudly - fangirling while reading this chapter tbh xD

And about Sanji's departur: That was simply masterfully done. I wish Jeff would've told Sanji those things in the manga too *.*
Can't wait for Along Park now :3