Reviews for Dragon Fire
MarieBloom15 chapter 1 . 2/1
that is absolutely beautiful. I am welling up here!
GONEiam chapter 1 . 3/25/2015
It is a great story so far! Hope you will continue this! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 2/25/2015
so cute pls write more about them
paperfirefly chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
This is so beautiful, I honestly felt my heart leap as I read those last few lines. Thranduil's written words to her at the end are so genuine, so heartfelt, so naked, I could feel the emotion they evoked. From this one chapter, these short and initial conversations and meetings between the two of them, I already see the love you are meaning to portray, and for perhaps the first time, I can see real reason and truth in the movie Thranduil's heartbreak. In the movie, we are essentially told he is devastated over the death of his wife, in not so many words, but without any actual context and imagining of the two of them together it is difficult to make sense of and have a deeper feeling about it. But, already I can see how he loves her, and how he will miss her when she is gone. I think the fact that you are having her play such a prestigious role over his healing and his scar also adds gravity to their relationship, and I see that this would would make him even more distraught at her absence - I suppose, it is that she helped make him whole again, so that he cannot be whole without her, in the end.

The actual explanations for his scarring and the depiction of his recovery are some of the best I have come across. The physical inabilities that would result from such an injury are flawlessly shown here, particularly the loss of the abilities to eat and speak properly, and for me this really brings home the stress and difficulties that Thranduil faced getting over this.

On a side note, I recently saw the Stephen Hawking movie about him and his wife, and I was strongly reminded of that, and their relationship, when I read this. I don't know if you have heard of it or seen it, but I saw the same love, protection and desire to live for each other in this as I did in the film. I suppose with the parallels of the disabled man and unfazed, caregiver woman that's unsurprising.

I look forward to reading more, thank you for this lovely story so far :)
elnouk chapter 1 . 2/13/2015
awww is this really a one-shot? i really like it!
PegasusWingsVW chapter 1 . 2/12/2015
Aw. So lovely!
Lady Syndra chapter 1 . 2/12/2015
Cute!
Xdragonfaery chapter 1 . 2/12/2015
I have always wondered what exactly happeden for him to get the scar. It was horrible to think that such a thing could mar his beautiful face. I am interested to see where this story will go.