Reviews for Return to Romance
Rinfantasy chapter 40 . 4/26
Finally I found the time to read the ending at this story! I must say I really loved it! personally I think this is one of your best prideshipping work, when I started reading it, I didn't go to sleep till I reached the last chapter you posted at that time LOL Your story is very deep and I don't even know what words to use to convey my appreciation! I loved how their relationship evolved with time and how nowhere is perfect and full of problem but is still "their love" and they can manage. Your portray of the Kaiba brothers is the best! So I really like that your next work involves DSOD because, let's be honest, Kaiba was the real MC in that movie! Kaiba didn't believe in magic and unscientific stuff but still he is the one that believe till the end that Atem could return (even more the Yugi!) and indeed Atem came back! for only a bit but still proved that Kaiba was right LOL With your sensibility toward Kaiba, I think you are the best one to write what must has been Kaiba's feelings in those six months trying to find him, he even made that Yami AI LOL in the oneshot pre-movie time Takahashi made, Kaiba also almost died trying to reach Atem, thank god for Kisara stopping him! P.S. personally I find a pity that no one wrote what reaction Atem would have finding out Kaiba even made an AI of him LOL
im ur misconception chapter 40 . 4/2
T.T it has ended and on a spectacular note. this was a hell of a story. and leaving it the way you did will definitely have me reading it again and again. the growth of all the character is amazing. the realism is nice, moderated and flows like water. an essence that is part of life its self.
im ur misconception chapter 39 . 4/2
I am so sorry for taking so long to read and review. and now its finished. but this chapter was needed. I saw the fear show through and then be soothed over. their relationship is real now. more so if yani is cracking dad jokes.
jacelooksbetterinblack chapter 40 . 3/29
I didn't know this was finished! I came back around to read it after a while and found it's...the...last...chapter :(
But even though it's done, I'm very satisfied with how you ended it because it really is like a beginning for the characters. I feel like with these two they have a long ways to go before they can have an official "ending" _'
You've done an amazing job with this story which is no surprise because all of your stories are magnificent. Have you thought about publishing original work because I'm certain you could! Also I cannot wait to see what you write next! It's always a pleasure. Please never stop writing; you're too good :)
mutemwija chapter 40 . 3/14
It’s so weird that it’s over and I thought for a while what I could write but now I don’t really know what to say. Except thank you for writing this beautiful fanfiction! There are actually no words to describe how thoroughly I enjoyed reading this story. Or rather “their” story since that’s what it is to me. I felt with them so much, I laughed, I cried like a baby and oh my god I was so angry at them sometimes. Two or three times I couldn’t even sleep, so thank you for that too. The most fun or irritating part for me was that I always directed my emotions directly at the characters and never at you, although you were the one who made them say and do whatever they said and did. And you did that so wonderfully and well-thought out. It’s a really weird feeling that the story is over now since it accompanied me during a rather hard time of my life. I think it could have gone on forever. The last chapter made it clear that there are still things they need to work out/through but I think they developed so much as individuals and as a couple that they are (I won’t use the word should here) able to work things out on their own now. After all every story needs to end eventually and I’m already waiting eagerly for your new story anyway so I’ll just reread it to bridge the time :) Thank you again for sharing your work and ideas and for the inspiration your stories are to me.
Wolf'sVine chapter 40 . 3/10
I... don't really know what to say. As an exceptionally gifted writer, you should already know how deeply this fic has impacted me, so... and I'm not too good with words. Like, at all. I usually end up using the same words again and again cuz I'm clumsy with them, even though I try to be as sincere and heartfelt in my reviews as I can. Still, I think I've said many things about how Yami and Kaiba are well suited to be together and I love the fire and electricity between them, I also love how they always challenge each other to be or do or even act better. I think that putting all that they are when they're in each other's presence in a romantic relationship is astounding. And I'm so very happy having read this fic! It's honestly one of the most elaborate and wonderful fics I've ever read. So... um, I'm a little sad that this is the end, cuz I'll miss the twists, turns, misunderstandings and fiery durability of Kaiba and Yami being together. I hope that made sense. So, looking forward to you new upcoming fic. I really loved reading this fic. A lot. I'll miss it.
notsofrilly chapter 40 . 3/10
Oh wow this is completed. I love when that happens. Your story was quite a ride and I look forward to other fics in the future
bnomiko chapter 40 . 3/9
The funny thing is what I wanted all through this story was stability in the relationship, but with where Kaiba and Yami are at this moment in time, I think it's enough that they're in a position to move forward, together. In some ways more than your other stories, this doesn't feel like an end - rather, it's like a jump off point to something bigger and better.

I'm still proud of how much Kaiba's managed to grow though. As much as he feared "revealing his weakness" (aka communicating) he tried his best to do so with Yami, even if he doesn't explain himself very well. And that in turn makes Yami come to the realization that he's not doing the best job listening, so he can actively work on that too.

And I'm very honored to have been along with you on this journey : ) Best part of being a beta is not only getting a sneak peak, but seeing all the thought that goes into each chapter along the way and getting to watch a story develop and grow until it's ready to fly out into the world.
talyak chapter 40 . 3/8
amazing story! thank you for a great read! I'll catch ya on ao3, this was one of my last stories to finish here! happy writing!
Wolf'sVine chapter 39 . 3/5
It's been awhile since I've last reviewed... or even read this fandom, but I've read this fic from the very first chapter all the way to this recent one and I remembered why I was so captivated by this fic! It's really something to read from the very beginning and watch as Kaiba and Yami's relationship grows and evolves, as they both are getting closer and Kaiba is making room for Yami in his life and Yami is starting to truly figure out what he wants to do with his life and Mokuba is growing closer to Yami and even Yugi and Anzu have grown. It's very much like reading as they live their lives. I wonder when Yami's birthday is?! I wanna read his and Kaiba and everyone else celebrates it. I really like the chapter when it was revealed that Yami and Mokuba worked together to help Seto with the mine-thingies! Even if Kaiba was upset at first, I liked that Yami treated Mokuba like he could it and that he mature enough. I think that Kaiba, while he believes in and adores his brother and knows he's a pretty mature, intelligent kid, is very protective and wants to, both, shield him as much as possible and not look less in this brother's eyes. And Yami, well, he believes in his friends. I adored this chapter where it is clear how much Yami and Kaiba have grown with each other and how much Mokuba's defensive attitude when it comes to his big brother has calmed when it comes to Yami. I'm so happy that I reread this fic cuz... it's endlessly irresistible to read as Yami and Kaiba and the rest live their lives and what happens as they choose what to do with their lives. If that makes sense.
Silver Saline chapter 39 . 2/5
I'm really sad it took me this long to find this story, that I could have been reading something wonderful while I was going through the site. But better late than never. Reading this story has helped me through some post-convention depression and I want to thank you for it. You are an excellent writer and I love the way you have portrayed Yami and Kaiba, which is to say as true to the character as I think possible for a romantic fic involving them. Though I am sad to see that there is only one chapter left, I am glad there is still a little bit more to come! I really hope there will be some good closure come the end- for all parties 3
bnomiko chapter 39 . 1/19
Can't believe there's only one more chapter to go!

I liked how you used ice cream as a way of exploring the disconnect between Kaiba and Yami's friends, and between Kaiba's public facade and how he really feels inside (someone who loves vanilla ice cream!) Yami handled it really well when he caught Kaiba at the freezer... he gave Kaiba an opening to have some ice cream if he so chose, without fear of judgement.

The nicknames were cute. It doesn't surprise me in the least that they turned them into Duel Monsters as that's how they best communicate.

I love how Isono handled things here after realizing Kaiba hadn't followed them home. He set it up so that Kaiba could still accept a ride home while allowing him to save face. Mokuba tries to do the same though it's harder to pretend that he didn't notice Kaiba being late, as he's a little too over exuberant in greeting his brother.

GROAN... Ok, your "dad joke" went over my head. I was thinking something different and maybe more perverted? But I get it now!
Hergan chapter 39 . 1/18
Wah. Poor Kaiba. The imagery with the falling asleep and everything is so evocative...I have all the feels right now and it was wonderfully written . I've very much enjoyed this, and I'm not sure I'm ready for it to end...these two feel like you could tell the story forever and it would still be interesting. But I know it does /actually/ have to end sometime...so there's that as well. Thank you for sharing your wonderful stories with us!
im ur misconception chapter 38 . 12/31/2017
this actually had me almost in tears. while sweet and poignant, there was more depth to it than what could be read. it's the little things as a person changes and then becomes something else while realizing who they haven't changed.

it makes me just feel gushy I guess. and 2 more chapters huh?
halowing chapter 37 . 12/18/2017
Sorry I'm a little tardy on my reviews. The way you portrayed Kaiba during his first surprise birthday party made perfect sense. Of course he would have the fundamentals of social interactions. It would be just like another business social setting. Merry Christmas and looking forward to more!