Reviews for Between Love and Skate
Guest chapter 9 . 7/26/2016
I literally read to of your stories and there really good
LILY.pads.ROX chapter 9 . 5/3/2016
wow, this is the best thing ever!
MsCindz chapter 9 . 6/28/2015
Oh I absolutely love this fic ! I just started reading Olicity fanfics and I am so glad I found this one ! So much love 3
Guest chapter 9 . 5/31/2015
Great story!
Emeli Thorne chapter 9 . 5/24/2015
I really, really, really loved reading this fic. It was just the right amount of sexual tension, humour, love, passion, fluff, smut, and angst. I loved 'seeing' their characters develop and how they fell in love with each other. Also, great way of incorporating various characters into the story. Oliver was adorable, and I loved the tiny things he noticed about Felicity and seeing her through his eyes was on point because it allowed my, as a reader, to see her as beautiful as he saw her, as smart, as driven, and just the right amount of quirky as Felicity is in canon. And the smut scene was wow. Overall, amazing story, I hope you'll someday find the time and motivation to write a sequel or at least a one-shot to tell us what happened with them.
Job well done, big thumbs up :) :)
AStoryReader chapter 9 . 4/18/2015
I loved this! I really do hope that an inspiration strikes you to do some sort of epilogue for these two because I would come back and read it in a flash!
Thanks for sharing this story with us; I'm really glad I got a chance to read. And the way you write, I'm just super envious that you can write these characters so well. But mostly I'm happy that fellow fans like you and others feel inspired enough to share your stories about all of our favorite characters with the rest of the fandom. I can't wait to read more from you! I follow you on tumblr and I love the drabbles you've been posting on there; I'm not sure if you're posting them on FF as well, I haven't had a chance to look, but thanks for sharing those too! I've got to say, all the super amazing stuff floating around on there just makes me more exciting for Wednesday to come up! All this waiting is torture!
And I have to say, I've only become a fan of Arrow this year, so I cannot imagine how hard the wait has been for Olicity fans that have been watching since 1x1. I'm not usually a patient person, so I'm glad I've only become aware of this amazing show right before those two finally realize their love for one another.
When I first saw gifsets on tumblr of these two, I really thought they were an established couple, so I was surprised when I started watching to see that it was not the case!
AStoryReader chapter 8 . 4/18/2015
If I hadn't loved this story before, I definitely love it now!
Freakin' Diggle, again with his truth bombs and his "You know you're in love with Felicity, right?" because he's the biggest Olicity shipper ever in any universe! Haha.
I wish I had a clue what any of those moves they performed looked like, because it'd be nice to imagine how their program looked.
AStoryReader chapter 7 . 4/18/2015
And the theme continues. The theme of me wanting to yank Oliver by his ear and smack him upside the head. And Lance can form a line behind Oliver. Haha.
:( I trust you to make this work out in the end, but holy crap, it's hurting me to get through it all. I'm a sucker for it I guess.
All I could think when I was reading about that part where he was sarcastically telling himself about what a woman would want to hear ("I'm so crazy about you, I can't think straight.") was YES Oliver, that is exactly what any person in love wants to hear from their soulmate! Jeez. What a doofus.
AStoryReader chapter 6 . 4/18/2015
Omg this is a classic "Don't do the thing, Oliver!" and then he goes and fucking does it! Poor Felicity, what she must feel like, after throwing herself at him, only to get rejected and then see his morning after with the enemy. But my girl took it in stride, and I'm proud of her. But this does not stop me from wanting to yank him by his ear and smack him upside the head. I kind of wish she had more of reaction but this is Felicity and she's a tough chick. :/
AStoryReader chapter 5 . 4/18/2015
I repeat! NOOO.
I thought he did the right thing when he pushed Felicity away, because she was drunk. But really? Leaving her to get smashed himself and then letting Sara in his room? NOT A GREAT IDEA OLIVER.
AStoryReader chapter 4 . 4/18/2015
Well, I'm more than a little curious about what is going on with Ray and Felicity, because Oliver is right, there's no way you miss out on an event like this for the love of your life. But I'm excited for them and their win, because no way Laurel and Roy can jump ahead after a mistake like that!
And also, Sara needs to step off! Because I love her, but really, stop distracting Oliver! Haha
AStoryReader chapter 3 . 4/18/2015
Eep!
I didn't think my dislike for Ray could grow, thank you for proving me wrong! I thought it was funny that he said something about "I can wait to take her away from you after competition." because, hello! 1. He can't. 2. This just shows how overwhelmingly obvious it is that he is threatened. He knows something could happen, but of course he's in the way. And speaking of getting in the way, I wanted to smack Digg when he made that comment to Oliver, asking him if he was sure he knew what he was doing. But then I remember that I love him, and he's been delivering truths Oliver hasn't wanted to hear since season 1, why would this Digg be any different?
But the comment at the end that Oliver made about Felicity removing her rock, that killed me :(
Because he's being a jerk since he can't deal with the feelings he has towards her. But why would she say yes to Ray!? Ugh it can be exhausting how obvious it is to the rest of the world that Oliver and Felicity are endgame and they deny, deny, deny. But I guess that's what makes for an interesting story!
Can't wait for Felicity and Ray to break up! ;)
AStoryReader chapter 2 . 4/18/2015
Ugh, Ray. That seems to be my reaction to him nowadays hahaha.
I'm enjoying the building of their r/s (Oliver and Felicity) and it was really sweet to see them exchange Hanukah and Christmas gifts. These two adorable goofs are going to kill me. I love this story so far, and I love how he's slowly starting to realize his feelings for Felicity, with his nerves about giving her that jersey (something that no doubt meant a lot to him, given how long he's had it) to his reaction to Ray.
And have I mentioned yet how much I love Digg? He's so amazing and it made me smile when I was reading his comment about how Felicity is like a diamond. The love he has for her is apparent, and I'm glad that he found Oliver, however he ended up finding him, because HELLO, the chemistry they have is so amazing, and Digg is probably seeing her more free than she's ever been.
Digg's relationship with Felicity on the show is something I always want to see more of, with his protectiveness and their sibling bond.
AStoryReader chapter 1 . 4/18/2015
I know nothing about figure skating so I hope I'm able to keep up with any of the technical stuff you may write about but I'm looking forward to reading on! I love the feel so far, and can't wait to see these two together more. Sad face about his injury but all roads lead to Felicity ;)
Can't wait to see more of Donna and Lance too! As soon as he gets his head out of his butt on the show, he and Donna can totally get together. Hahaha
jessspider chapter 9 . 4/6/2015
Thank you for this story, really enjoyed reading it :)
Extremely intense :)