Reviews for Family Name
shayla chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
I randonly typed my name to see whay would pop up and i find this, actually sounds a little bit fimilar, i was planned but my sister wasn't, except i'm older, mom got pregnant again when i was three months, but my sister, Haylee, is the favourite, sounds like something i'd do as well, giving up my soup and changing my name, speaking of which my full name is shayla shea(pronounced like the first syllable, shay-la). Wierd coquincedence.
princelybell chapter 1 . 4/17/2007
That was fantastic! Anything I could say has already been done, so I'll just say that was incredibly imaginative.
JockoMegane chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
Excellent work. I was a bit surprised at the use of first-person dialog when I started reading, but it works. Rock on, I hope you write more again someday.
Latin D chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
Great fic. I haven't watched EH, or read the manga for that matter, so I don't know all that much about the story, but the fic stood on its own.
Kudos.
Jennifer chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
Nicely done. I like this explaination for Shayla-Shayla's inexplicable name very much. It makes it make sense. Good story, and it does kinda fit Shayla-Shayla's approach to life. I really feel for both the sisters.
Lufio chapter 1 . 12/10/2002
That... was a great story. Not only did it have decent characterizations of Shayla Shayla and Afura Mann, it had a very apropo ending point to the engrossing build-up of the story. The narrative frame worked well, too. But then again, I'm a bit biased towards that style when I write. _
rzr chapter 1 . 12/9/2002
Wow, I didn't see it coming. I feel like Shayla. Very well written and emotive.
Thermopyle chapter 1 . 12/9/2002
This... was NICE. Very well done.
kb9vcn chapter 1 . 12/6/2002
Excellent story. The first person dialogue is well written. The story itself reminds Afura, and us all, to be grateful for good families and an easy life.

Care to explain Crayna-Crayna's name? :-)
David Dee chapter 1 . 12/5/2002
This story takes a minor, almost forgettable detail-Shayla's name, and uses it to tell a tale of tragedy and loss. Well done. It's the details that make this story-the squalid border town, the class differences between Shayla and the unheard (but not unfelt) Afura, and of course the survivor's guilt that Shayla won't quite admit to having. Probably one of the best El Hazard backstory fics I've read.
Seravy chapter 1 . 12/5/2002
quite interesting and a well thought-out plotline concerning Shayla's life with tidbits of Afura. The way it was told was also creative and retained Shayla's character. However, the way Shayla just blabbed her life out was not too credible. Either then that, it was a nice read. (it'll be nice to see this on Afura! don't mind me though, it's only because I'm a afura fan.)