Reviews for Epiphany
MsMenna chapter 1 . 5/22/2015
This was fantastic! You are an amazing writer. Your attention to detail and weaving of canon into your story made this story impossible for me to stop reading. If you aren't writing an original novel or screenplay, you should be. This blew me away.
Downton.fangirl chapter 1 . 3/1/2015
Thank you for telling me about this! It was beautiful and left me wanting more! Please! Pleaseee! You're brilliant and I love the amnesia twist, I've never read a Matthew/Mary story like this before! Please!
theMatthewReview chapter 1 . 2/26/2015
A consummation devoutly to be wished by the infinitely patient Matthew... after a song convinces her, again, that he's the one, the only one that completes her. Her frustration as she lashes out at him is heartbreaking, but he is so gentle, he is so tender, that he pours oil on the troubled waters, his patience breaks the fever, and he melts the ice... and how I love that!

Once again, the mutation of the context in which familiar lines are spoken or implied is brilliant. Gorgeous, gorgeous - this is what one reads stories of Matthew and Mary for.
Palindrome310 chapter 1 . 2/22/2015
I absolutely loved the continuation of this universe! I'm continously amazed by your ability to include canon dialogue, it doesn't feel forced or random but appropiate in the story. I can only image how challenging is to do so, specially in modern setting. I haven't read amnesia stories before but I guess most of them have a miraculous scene where the character remembers everything. I'm glad it isn't the case here. It gives it more emphasis in the developing of a new relationship and that Matthew doesn't want her to change her to a past version. When Anna mentioned google I totally knew she was going to find a picture. I was surprised when she confronted him directly. I thought she will have hold the information a bit longer. The confrontation in the hotel room was super tense, every word is so precise and we feel their struggle. The beggining is tentative and teasing and the end is full of possibility. Loved the mention to Carson and sassy Anna.I wonder/don't know if she ever wanted to go to New York, she complained that no one try to contact her but did Mary ever wanted to research it for herself?
Klarinette49 chapter 1 . 2/22/2015
Such a great sequel! Glad to see them getting together again :) And now I need to know what will happen once they're in NYC...
didyouhaveagoodtime chapter 1 . 2/21/2015
I have to say, I'm not sure I would leave Matthew off the hook as easily as Mary has done. I'm not referring to the fact that he failed to tell her the truth, his discomfort and fear are understandable, but that he waited Rosamund's death to finaly reach out to Mary. Mary's outburst when all the pain for these lost years, (and all that came afterwards, her loneliness, her sense of abandonement) came out, struck me deeply, and I'm not sure I would have been able to trust Matthew after that. It's not that I don't understand Matthew's reasons. It's so easy to see that he stayed away because Mary could be taken care of better by her aunt at first, and then a deep sense of guilt must have kept him from even thiking about contacting her again, even with all his longing for her (and this is actually a very nice reinterpretation of canon in this modern setting), but, well, I still think he had to work harder to gain Mary's trust. Or maybe Mary just wanted to let go of a painful past and move over, which is too so in character for her.

Regardless, I like to think that they will face their separate past at some point, really talk and understand all that happened. So, well, I basically think there needs a new chapter at some point :P Plus, it would be great to know more about young Mary's life in NY through the memories of the people who knew her then.

So, chop chop, get to work :P
Crawless chapter 1 . 2/20/2015
Thank you so much for continueing this AU. I adore this story and i hope you'll write more about these two. Great writing, great storyline! I really hope to read more!
excuse.my.muse chapter 1 . 2/18/2015
I almost want to hate you for making me so emotionally attached to a modern M/M story. It's rare that I can completely let go of the show's version. I can't wait for the next installment in this series. Mary and Matthew have been through so much. I'm still unhappy with Matthew for having let go of Mary for ten years. It's so long to wait when there was no more barriers that Rosamund. It's not as if he didn't know where to look. I'm assuming England has yellow pages, or at least something akin to it.

Oh well, I love this story and I can't wait for more!
cc-weaver chapter 1 . 2/18/2015
Just beautiful. Both Epiphany and Live in My Memory are so well written. You really weave their story like no one else: be it canon or modern. I hope you will continue this AU, perhaps Mary and Matthew revisiting New York!
judyl1 chapter 1 . 2/18/2015
You are a terrific writer. This story was just right. I loved how Matthew took it slow at first, and how after Mary blew up at him, they managed to come together. I'm awaiting your next inspiration to continue with the story. Great job.
New Hogfan chapter 1 . 2/17/2015
I loved it. I was really happy that decided to that you did a sequel to
Live in my Memory.
I loved the comments that you made about Tony.
iLLaine chapter 1 . 2/17/2015
I was so glad to see a sequel! I like the way your first part is from Matthew's POV and the second part more about Mary's POV: it gives such balance to your story like a kind of diptych. Thank you!
luvgoround chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
Wow! What an adventure and heart breaking at times too! Couldn't stop reading it. Loved all the canon lines you wove in to such good scenes too. Really good modern m/m au writing!
Willa Dedalus chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
This story broke my tongue, I can't speak! Thank heavens I can still type! This is a layer cake sequel of complications interwoven from the original moments. The discussion about the woman in Matthew's book was everything from hilarious, profound, tender and also kick ass. It was wrenching that Mary was so veracious with her accusations regarding her past with Matthew and yet also like the beauty of a brewing storm. The storm was cathartic for our favorite characters and wonderful trip to engage with as the reader! There is no such thing as a true one-shot, because as you say we can't control inspiration and the muse. So, as I do with all your AU universes I'm just happy to embrace each and every segment as I know there will be more!
mar-hhr4ever chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
Oh honestly you can't keep doing this to me! First breaking brea, now this... on second thought, please do keep this up. Your one-shots turned to mini-stories are much more compelling than the thrsis I am currently trying to write. So thank you for the brilliant distractions and do keep them coming.