Reviews for Let Us Now Praise Famous Men
Aslans Little Lioness chapter 1 . 7/30/2020
That is truly beautiful and makes you think and contemplate. Thank you for sharing your imagination!
Altariel chapter 1 . 8/14/2018
Outstanding.
Ginny chapter 1 . 12/9/2017
Thank you for this beautiful story. I fell in love with Faramir the first time I read the books and couldn't stop reading and re-reading the parts where he appeared - so I felt very much little Hallas at the end. At the same time, when I read how you describe him getting passionate with ancient heroes, and loving that better than reality, I also feel very much like him.
I liked how you described his insecurities and sense of loss after Aragorn's coronation: it is just realistic that he would go on being haunted by some of the painful memories of his past. And I love the detail of the child, the adolescent and the man in his thirties looking up at him, and reflecting the one he has been. Thank you!
AmandaBaker852 chapter 1 . 11/2/2017
Thanks for this lovely view of Faramir. I've always thought that besides being a Ranger, he would be the more scholarly type. It's nice to see how history comes full circle too with Hallas at the end.
Wind speaker chapter 1 . 12/27/2016
I have no words to express how I feel about this. It's simply beautiful. I love the comparisons between Faramir loving heroes, and children and teenagers and adults loving him. I love Faramir, I always have, and this is a wonderful expression of all the different types of hero-worship. I love the theme of the mothers, and the way Boromir acts. I love that he likes Isildur best. I think the true heroes really don't know that they are heroes. This is a little bit sad, and nostalgic, but it is *happy* as well. It makes me feel warm inside. It made me feel like crying. This is amazing, and it says so many things. I know this will forever be a favourite of mine.
kath chapter 1 . 7/28/2016
I really enjoyed your story about Faramir! He's a lovely character and I felt you painted him very well. I felt you particulerly excelled when writing from the small child's point of view.
Thank you so much. I am thoroughly enjoying your stories.
Pol chapter 1 . 7/6/2016
Utterly fantastic.
mcamp755 chapter 1 . 7/18/2015
Such a touching, well-written story!
blade chapter 1 . 6/26/2015
u male chauvinist pig!
Hannah Lynn chapter 1 . 6/11/2015
Oh, that I could log in - I'd favourite this in a heartbeat. As it is, I shall content myself with a review and revisit this later.

A beautiful, simple, touching piece - thank you so much for writing and sharing this.
Kay999999 chapter 1 . 5/19/2015
Great work...you really captured Faramir when he was four-and-three quarters!
RndmPeep chapter 1 . 3/23/2015
Oh my heavens that was a beautiful piece. You captured Faramir's insecurities realistically and the thoughts as he aged. I love how you brought it fill circle with little Hallas, and I love how Faramir truly became a hero, especially in the eyes of a child centuries later. I feel like you captured the true sense of being a hero-what really matters. I think that Faramir (if he were real, of course) would love to be remembered in such a way. Great work.
Tysan chapter 1 . 3/1/2015
A nice story. The children's voices especially are really fun. I like how you compare Elessar and Elendil. I like the hints of politics between the tutor and Denethor's disapproval that Faramir as a child is oblivious to. It's the fun of knowing something the protagonist doesn't.

I really enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing
Guest chapter 1 . 2/28/2015
wow ... that was done in a great way. The voices matched the ages perfectly, and you made me really see them. I truly enjoyed reading this story! Thanks for posting.
Iris2702 chapter 1 . 2/28/2015
All your stories are very well written, and a pleasure to read. This one is no exception. But I, too, prefer your more confident Faramir of the previous stories. I understand that the point actually is the hero feeling unsure of himself, but still the degree of his self doubts seem out of character to me.