Reviews for Stay
Loremaster Endercreeper chapter 12 . 10/19
Well, I for one would be interested in seeing this story come to its rightful conclusion after all this time. (though I wouldn't know about waiting, as this is my first reading of the story).

Even if you did kill Kenny. And not even in a satisfying way... goodness, I guess I should have expected as much from an Arvo-centric story.

Also, thought it was a bit strange that Arvo not only knew what Rowan's name meant, and also the equivalent Russian word, and then proceeded to call her exclusively by the Russian one like it's some kind of pet name. I mean, maybe if they had a closer relationship and were familiar enough with each other to have given each other pet names, it wouldn't be so weird to me. But generally speaking, people will call you by the name that you offer to them, no matter what language you're speaking in. Like I just thought it was weird that Rowan gave him her name, and then he proceeded to just call her something totally different (even if it basically means the same thing) with no comment from her.

Anyway, besides some minor details, it's been a fairly interesting tale so far. Would like to see more.
J. Gray Dingler chapter 11 . 8/16/2017
Look who's back, and with an exciting new chapter! I really liked the character interactions in this one, in particular Clem and Rowan discussing Kenny.

Despite S2's insistence to the otherwise, there never really was any personal friendship between Kenny and Clem in either game beyond poorly contrived scenes invented for S2, but I liked Clem's processing of his death as a loss of something that had been a seemingly permanent fixture in this new world for her. Seeing someone she knew for so long cheat death just to die for certain this time would still be a gut punch for what a painful reminder it'd be how fleeting life is in this setting. You might consider contrasting that with Clem's newfound responsibility to AJ, knowing anyone can die at anytime and a miraculous escape doesn't protect from the next pitfall, but she still wants to protect a newborn maybe in part to nurture hope that things will change at some point.

Really feels like you've got all the pieces of the next chunk of the story set-up now, and ending this chapter by introducing this unknown factor with this (mostly) new character is a great cliffhanger. I'm looking forward to the rest of the story. )
J. Gray Dingler chapter 10 . 1/17/2017
I'm sorry I didn't leave a review for this sooner; I actually read this chapter the day after you posted it. It seems like this chapter set-up of a climax of scrambling against time and death traps to escape this town and I for one would really like to see that. I do hope you finish your story; the ending is always the thing I look forward to when writing my stories.

And after re-reading the rest of Stay, I think there's a natural hook with Clem never standing up to the adults pushing her around. The scene where she and Arvo relate over that in Chapter 6 really stood out to me and when you add AJ into the mix I think you've got a natural conclusion of these younger characters taking charge of AJ's well-being because they'd relate more to needing protection than some selfish adult like Jane.
J. Gray Dingler chapter 9 . 7/20/2016
This was an interesting chapter, moving beyond the initial relief of being free of the group only to be faced with the inevitable "now what?" I think I would have liked a little more detail about this new town, seeing as this is beyond the canon now. I think a little more of Arvo's and Rowan's plans (or lack thereof) for the future would have been nice as well. I know they don't know where they're going but more about where they'd like to go could have been illuminating.

Still, it's great you're back and I'm looking forward to the next chapter. )
Guest chapter 9 . 7/16/2016
what happened to clem? she's not dead is she!?
Snoopy chapter 6 . 7/16/2016
YES FINALLY A FANFIC WERE ARVO AND CLEM CAN BE FRIENDS YAHOO YEHAA!
LittleFawn chapter 8 . 6/26/2016
Nice story! I really like Arvo and I'm glad to see that there are some people who feel the same. Please continue : )
Guest chapter 1 . 3/5/2016
UPATE
Nicholas Goodwin chapter 8 . 2/15/2016
Nice last chapter, loving it. Wondering if you've got more on the way?
Guest chapter 8 . 1/29/2016
Amazing
Guest chapter 8 . 1/3/2016
Despite how awful Kenny 2.0 is, seeing him get literally butchered like that is...disturbing. But rightly so. Now that you've diverged from the nonsensical canon, I'm curious to see what end you have in mind.
Tyraa Rane chapter 8 . 1/1/2016
Well, a new chapter of this fic was certainly a welcome surprise for the holidays! Yay! :) I'm really intrigued by the direction it's heading now. Maeve's introduction was wonderfully unsettling and creepy. (Seriously, who brings a camera to the apocalypse?) Loved it.

Another thing I especially loved in this chapter were the little details, like the memory of Arvo combing Natasha's hair. That was sweet. Looking forward to the next chapter, when it arrives!
Lonelyroad68 chapter 8 . 12/31/2015
I wish I could write as well as you. I feel like I can actually picture the characters interacting as how you wrote them. I'm glad that you updated. As always, good work. :)
J. Gray Dingler chapter 8 . 12/31/2015
I really liked this chapter, although I thought the way Rowan elects to run off after Arvo's pack felt a little spontaneous.

The zombie head in the trashcan was really clever. A lot of the time when you see zombies used by humans in these settings it's almost always something comically impractical, like "zombie skin suits" or something else that would require an obscene amount of effort just to look cool. Just leaving a severed head lying in a place people would stick their hands? It's like an improv mouse trap that kills people, and all you would need is a big enough knife and a crippled zombie to make one.

Did you picture Maeve sitting on the bridge looking down on Rowan when she introduces herself? Because I totally did. D
AlbinoDragon666 chapter 7 . 12/12/2015
This is really good so far! It really is nice to find a fanfic where Arvo isn't a mindless plot device. I wasn't even angry at him for shooting Clem. I mean, it was shitty, but really that whole scene is so contrived, I couldn't be mad at him. Or Mike and Bonnie. I was so angry at the way Arvo was treated, and then the episode plays it off as he deserved to get between up and yelled at... I thought Arvo could have been an interesting addition to the group, but you know. It's S2. Well, I can't wait for this to get updated. And don't listen to the haters/Other anons not actually reviewing the story. You are doing a really good job, and I look forward to the next chapter. : )
Oh yeah! I really like you're OC too. So far she is really well-thought out and interesting, so very nice job on that. _