Reviews for Bares the Nerves
aussiecate chapter 1 . 4/3/2015
So many brilliant stories and I'm so far behind :(
You really captured the effect killing Neiman would have had on Kate making this story harrowing but comforting at the same time. A fantastic epilogue to a mesmerising two parter.
A Beauty to the Rhythm chapter 1 . 3/12/2015
Breathtaking - both your writing and the story you created in this. The reveal of the foot fetish decimated me.
GT500RonSmith chapter 1 . 3/7/2015
Well done! Stabbed her in the eye! Good girl! And didn't stop there!

I have a slight foot fetish myself! I don't dwell on it, but I certainly like spending time coddling them! And if they belonged to Stana, I'm sure it would be very easy to spend time playing with her tootsies!

Great work as usual!
Copop chapter 1 . 2/25/2015
Man, yes.
I can't get over the fact Kate slaughtered Nieman.
I'm curious as to how, or even if at all, they'll address this again. Also whether they go to therapy over this, or Kate, at least, again.

That two-parter was very intense and dark, but I'm glad to know it's over.

I love how they both still can cheer each other up. And just be there for each other, knowing what the other needs.

Thanks for writing :)
satheo2013 chapter 1 . 2/24/2015
really good story, exactly how I could see happening
Ky03elk chapter 1 . 2/19/2015
Let me see your face," she said, voice cracking. "Turn over. Turn over so I can see-"

He rolled over practically on top of her and she wrapped her arm around his neck, eyes pressed against his skin. Shuddering.

She'd had a dream.

So raw and jagged, killing me all over again but the doors will close and together they have each other.
Thanks
KB91 chapter 1 . 2/19/2015
Ohhhh, more personal head canon, thank you! Love every bit of this. The way he takes care of her is absolutely perfect; so much wonderful emotion here. And just how in sync they are, how she doesn't need (or even try) to put on an act for him. And, of course, his reactions ... "I hope it hurt" ... "Thank you for preserving the illusion" ... how he won't tell her just yet everything he went through when she was missing. Just perfect, all of it.

(And Gates! Honestly, one of my favorite things about this episode is that Gates and Castle have reached a new level of respect and affection.)

Happy sigh. Thank you for sharing this with us!
Mee and mind-buddie Gee chapter 1 . 2/19/2015
Whoa. Really didnt expect anything less. As always fenomenal. So clean and realistic! You're simply amazing.
dopeysac chapter 1 . 2/18/2015
I don't know how you do it! Great banter, great moments and great post ep fic!
DK chapter 1 . 2/18/2015
Thanks for this
philliesfan1000 chapter 1 . 2/18/2015
Good job evoking a feeling of slow-to-fade shock and processing that she is safe, that it is over, and just all that she went through - that they went through. Castle is a wonderful nurturer.
detectiveben chapter 1 . 2/18/2015
perfect episode filler. Well done
Guest chapter 1 . 2/18/2015
great!
Mark C chapter 1 . 2/18/2015
This was a journey for Kate to recover from what happened. It was Castle's too and also to aid Kate in recovering from what she did to Nieman.

I thought you did a great job with both Kate and Rick here. You did a great job in showing their emotions and taking everything in.

The ending was great. I totally understand why Kate would want to see the bodies to make sure that it was indeed over. That way, she'll be able to move on.

Their banter at the end was fitting just to lighten things up.
CastleExtreme chapter 1 . 2/18/2015
impressive. you really captured but trauma experienced by Kate.