Reviews for Damned Spooks!
I've been keeping my eyes open for an update to this great story! I hope there will be one. Please...pretty please...
angelscatie chapter 10 . 10/24/2016
Great chapter. Keep up the great work and update soon please.
byrhthelm chapter 10 . 9/15/2016
Very interesting addition to the story. A carte blanche for Animal's new command to really take the war to the bad guys. I foresee lots of dill being pickled!
(For those of you who don't get the reference, check out Joe Haldeman's Book, 'Study War No More'.)
Jeneral2885 chapter 10 . 9/10/2016
That's a fast promotion
Photofan75 chapter 10 . 9/10/2016
Damn, I'm loving this story! Looking forward to what's next :0)
Photofan75 chapter 9 . 9/5/2016
It's funny. When I first read you were doing an update to the story, I thought why? I thought it ended okay. But now you have brought this story to a who new level which I love. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Jeneral2885 chapter 9 . 9/5/2016
Mac getting her revenge? Love it. But er what happened to Skates?
byrhthelm chapter 8 . 9/2/2016
Firstly congratulations to your son. I know little about hockey - whether played on ice or on a pitch - but I do know that in Canada the version played on the ice is a keenly followed and fiercely contested sport. So, very well done Animal Junior!

Secondly... Isn't amazing just how cooperative muses can become once they have had a taste of physical coercion - with the hint of more to follow!

As for the chapter... Extremely well played, sir! You ratcheted up the tension both on the terrorist front and in the USA. What was Kershaw thinking when he dragged Catherine along to that meeting with CO ONI? Was it purely an attempt to drive a wedge between Catherine and Harm? If so, then at first sight it failed. If not, just what as his motive?
Admiral McMahon was a little rough on Animal. As an officer he could reasonably expect some support from his superiors - loyalty ids a two way street, and it appears that McMahon is in danger of forgetting that. Animal had a right to be peeved. As he pointed out to Kershaw he was in Tacical Command, and although he didn't say it he had to make a snap distinction where he had 1 chance in 60,000 of getting it right.
McMahon did need to rein him in, but in not quite so savage a pattern, and she could have acknowledged that he was in the right, but that he did need to tone down his mode of addressing officials. But his temper must be, if not legendary, at least well known among his contemporaries and superiors, and if McMahon had had a just a tad of common sense, she would have reined Kershaw in before Animal blew up.
Fortunately, in this case, from his comments to Catherine and Harm it seems like McMahon's wrath rolled off like water off a duck's back!
So, yes, an excellent chapter! Of course, you know that having fed my addiction (I'm a little in love with Catherine, too), I'm going to want more!
Jeneral2885 chapter 8 . 9/1/2016
Really enjoyed this chapter. Do checkout my JAG stories, especially the Football.
Photofan75 chapter 8 . 9/1/2016
I really like the update. And am looking forward to where it might go.
steamboat chapter 7 . 4/13/2015
Excellent story! Can't believe you got Harm hitched to a damned spook! LOL! Thanks for sharing!
byrhthelm chapter 7 . 4/12/2015
Okaaay...
Nice action sequences here, and I love seeing Skates again. But... what we really needs is a little more of Harm/Catherine and their daughter(?), please?
So... that's the end of Webb and Sadik... or is it? I'll only be confident that those two are dead when the bodies are formally, and correctly identified! Quite simply, I don't trust either of 'em to stay dead!
Loved Catherine's put-down of Mac, pity it wasn't a slap down (verbally I mean).
My only quibble is that you sometimes become too engrossed in the minutiae of equipment details. Is it really necessary to have the technical details of the helmet and oxygen mask, or be so precise in their nomenclature? At a guess I'd say most readers would be happy with 'flight helmet', assuming that the breathing equipment goes with it. I may be wrong, of course, but I find it slows down the pace of the read. Which, as I indicated above I otherwise found immensely enjoyable.
Jeneral2885 chapter 7 . 4/6/2015
group of nutcases indeed.
angelscatie chapter 7 . 4/6/2015
Awesome chapter. More please
angelscatie chapter 6 . 4/6/2015
Great chapter. Keep up the great work and update soon please.