Reviews for Fighting Crime, Spinning Webs
Tau2357 chapter 12 . 8/31/2021
Probablemente no leas esto porque han sido más de 3 años de terminado el fanfic, pero quería decir que este es un excelente fanfic y me siento muy feliz de que lo escribieras y de que yo lo encontrara.
Kodachi Claws chapter 19 . 8/23/2021
Solid chapter with great action. Having a double amputee would be pushing it, but that is true to Carnage’s character.

Especially enjoyed Venom’s redemption, or more accurately Eddie’s redemption. Your flashbacks also explain why he is messed up, though I personally find it a dick move for the Parkers not to adopt him. I get it, dirt poor and all that, but maybe he could get an actual normal job to help out? Maybe expand on that for a later time, it would be interesting for Peter to discover his guardians are not the perfect family he thought.
Kodachi Claws chapter 18 . 6/30/2021
And Carnage is born!

I’ve got to say, growing up I’ve gotten mixed feelings about Carnage. On one hand, his design and abilities are cool.

On the other, there’s really not much to him other than he likes to kill. From what I understand, Marvel was trying to make their own Joker, but Joker was also fun to listen to, and his subtleties made him scarier than expected. Carnage was just out there, and it’s like “Oh”

While Carnage is more or less the same as I remember him, it is fun to see him play off of SSM’s Spidey and Venom. I enjoyed the shots you took at the 90s here, and the action was very good.
Kodachi Claws chapter 17 . 6/30/2021
So many wheels spinning, and none of them feel like it’s going off the rails! The action was definitely top-notch here, and I loved how this was more a fight between Spidey and the symbiote instead of Spidey and Eddie.

You brought Electro in, and while he was a distraction, he was a FUN one. Of course we had to make some sort of gay joke, but it was subtle enough, and I think you could actually slip this by the censors if this were an actual episode.

In fact, I think this chapter is the most accurate to what the show would have aired if they were allowed to continue for a few more episodes. So kudos to you!

And I’m guessing we’ll be seeing Carnage soon. I mean, your hints were as subtle as an elephant in a grocery store. I’m just questioning how the symbiote didn’t know it could reproduce, but oh well.

I’ll be seeing you next time!
Kodachi Claws chapter 16 . 6/29/2021
I’m enjoying the build up to the return of Venom here, though I got to question why the symbiote got off of Brock in the first place if the gene cleanser didn’t actually work. I get that it destroyed the bond, but it couldn’t just reattach itself back at the school?

I think its safe to say that Otto doesn’t belong in an insane asylum anymore, he’s definitely better suited for prison now that he’s dropping the act.

I can definitely tell that Carnage is coming, so good job on being subtle about his introduction.

I’m not sure what Peter would have done if Sally talked back to him, but I’m glad he stood up for Gwen. Seriously, what does Sally care what two nerds do? I get she’s supposed to be a typical valley girl, but she’s got a real chip on her shoulder. I don’t even know what Rand sees in her, I’m waiting for him to dump her. Maybe get him together with another nerdy girl.

Personally if I were Peter I’d put a web bomb in her locker; it wouldn’t actually hurt her, and it would put her in her place.

I also liked the talk Peter had with Gwen’s insecurities, and I’m glad you’re bringing her nerdy look back; made her distinct from MJ, and I thought she was quite cute like that.
Bye chapter 79 . 6/23/2021
Why? Just why tf did you have to kill gwen? *sigh* I’m leaving
Kodachi Claws chapter 14 . 5/24/2021
Enjoyed the talks here overall. In most other media, having both Stacys know Peter’s alter ego would be awkward, but I think you made it work here.

And Spidey’s webs smell like Peanut Butter...my arch nemesis.

Good closer and I’m looking forward to seeing the Spider-Slayers
Kodachi Claws chapter 13 . 5/24/2021
Overall, very good battle with excellent puns. Glad you acknowledged Harry’s lack of experience as Goblin, as that was always brought up in the original.

I had to laugh when the league of losers came into the scene only to duck out at the threat of death from above.

Liking how you are hinting at Kingsley being the true mastermind but not being the Hobgoblin himself. At least not yet.

And good fake out with Gwen’s death. I know it’s coming, but i feel it is too soon at this point and having death by whiplash has been done to death.

Overall we’re really getting the ball rolling now.
Eli villa chapter 78 . 4/25/2021
Great story truly
Kodachi Claws chapter 12 . 4/6/2021
And Harry’s descent into madness begins.

It seems like the timeline here is a bit mixed up. The school already had Spring Break; St Patrick’s Day is late March. I understand, a Green-themed holiday for a green-themed villain. Either this universe has a different date for St Patty’s, nearly a full year has passed or we’re actually going back in time.

Since St Pat is hardly mentioned here, you probably could have done without it.

I’m surprised you took things this far with ending Gwen and Harry’s relationship, but it’s also a good detail to remember he actually did overhear them planning to break up with him.

And it seems Harry’s mom is in on the Gobulin Green as well. I recall Weissman planning on giving her a role, and it’s certainly an interesting one. It’s hard to create a plot twist in a franchise with such dense lore that both makes sense with previous iterations and is still wholly original.

The highlight here was definitely Harry vs Green Goblin. For a while it was reminiscent of William Dafoe’s delusions in the Rammi movies, and then you had the added plot twist of Harry actually being a delusion of GG2. I loved that!
Kodachi Claws chapter 11 . 4/6/2021
I’m kind of sensing a bit of a pattern here.

Your overall setup and progression of the plot is excellent, on par with the original series.

However, I think thus far many of them are over and done with far too quickly.

I feel when you began, you had rather decent pacing. The episodes were not resolved in single chapters, and you had good fight scenes to go with it.

Lately, though, the action pieces have been getting shorter. This one was by far the shortest. I got no tension with Man-Wolf. He snarled at a few people who couldn’t hurt him, and Spider-Man easily beats him with gene-cleanser. There could have been so much more here; you could have made this an arc where Jameson runs around like a werewolf with Peter putting the clues together for his identity. I guess after battling Kraven a wolf wouldn’t be a big deal, but there were ways to make Man-Wolf threatening.
You even had good motivation: the spores. We could have slowly built up how Jameson Jr had a thirst for power before acting on it.

I think your chapters need to be split into three, so to speak. In shonen anime, one episode is typically equivalent to 3-5 chapters of the manga it adapts (with the exception of pilot and epilogue chapters)
Kodachi Claws chapter 10 . 3/8/2021
Liked the little Daredevil Easter Egg there.

This was a very interesting explanation of Sandman’s creation (among others).

I feel these chapters are getting too brief though. I’m assuming that each chapter is supposed to be a whole episode, but the original had excellent pacing; it got a lot done within 22 minutes and most everything felt it had the appropriate amount of time.

Here, I feel so much more could have been done. I know Hydro Man is one of Spidey’s lesser villains, but he was just a prop here when he should have been a full character. Maybe stretch out the rivalry between the two elements.

While i enjoy the Easter Eggs to other Marvel characters, having Peter thinking about them is getting a bit annoying. Either just a quick quip about one or none at all.

And Spider-Man should have had a fair shot at Hydro-Man. Make hims Flint’s kryptonite and have Spider-Man on the cusp of defeating him, only for Oscorp to screw him over and then have Sandman sacrifice himself.

In fact, I feel that Spider-Man is getting the short end of the stick in these last two arcs. He either needs to be saved or is only a bystander. I get that Spider-Man is not a Gary-Stu (nor do I want him to be), but there needs to be a way to make him essential to all the villains’ defeats.

I did enjoy the last part though, with the girl waiting for Sandman.

I am still enjoying the story, I just think there are things that could help make it better.
Kodachi Claws chapter 9 . 3/7/2021
This is certainly an interesting development: Sandman a hero. I think I remember Marvel did make Sandman into an Avenger, but I guess it didn’t take.

I do really like how you explained Sandman’s motivations for his turn. Pretty much every reason he had to be a criminal was flown out the window when he became Sandman, other than a vendetta against Spider-Man. And I’d imagine that would get boring after a bit.

Seems the Harry break-up isn’t going as smoothly as Peter and Gwen would have liked. I’ve a feeling that Harry made that whole thing up (wouldn’t they have found that green weeks ago when they arrested him?)

And it seems Captain Stacy knows about Peter, which was telegraphed in Season 2.
Kodachi Claws chapter 8 . 3/7/2021
This was a somewhat interesting take on the mythos of Morbius. Not sure if I dig the whole thing with becoming a literal vampire bat and cramming in the Man-Spider in here. That seemed to be a bit too much for this chapter.

I did like how Gwen was able to figure out Peter was Spider-Man, though. Just being in the closet hiding, and all that, with Peter simply showing his costume. The line of sexual fantasies was not really needed though.

It was clever how Gwen got them all to take the cure, albeit quite gruesome. There are probably a bunch of reasons why that wouldn’t have worked, but I’ll roll with it.

I am actually one of the few casuals who knows about Stegron; that’s pretty funny actually.
CHAOSCONTROLFREAK455 chapter 68 . 3/5/2021