Reviews for To Bury Smoke
katiealice49 chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Fantastic. So gracefully written.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
"Your problem," she'd said as dinner was winding down and he prepared to leave, so softly that he almost missed the words, "is that you still haven't forgiven yourself. Without that ... how can you expect us to do so?"

-Yes, "You disgust me" does so much indicate that forgiveness is even possible. And I can see why Minerva might not have forgiven herself about Tom; but you'll notice she says nothing of the Marauders, who _were_ her responsibility.

Guilt only goes so far, after all. And it was her duty to keep another Gryffindor Princess from wasting herself on a dirty Slytherin.
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
I am always amazed how many good fics I keep overseeing. It's a pity, really - but on the other hand, I like this treasure case that is seemingly empty now and yet probably still bottomless if one knows how to search.

I really liked the paralel between them two, and you are probably right. The last two books haven't indicated any close friendship (for which I have hoped) between them.
grugster chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
Oh my god that was so heartbreaking! A fantastic story!
ickle-helena chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
You get inside their heads really well...

I discovered your fic through looking for Roslin/Adama BSG stuff, but these two are my favourite Harry Potter characters as well.
SilverKestrel chapter 1 . 12/19/2006
Very, very beautiful. Amazing. Wow. Loved that Mcgonagall could empathise caoul never be firends. Although maybe..

Wow.

Wow...nice work.
Little Tigger chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
Very sweet.
b7-kerravon chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
Oh, wow... (articulate of me, but this was amazing!)
Tarayani chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
that was absolutely phenomenal. You managed to portray the "true" Snape without going overboard on either of them or turning into a shipper. I am very very impressed!
Akazukin Elle chapter 1 . 12/13/2002
This was simply -lovely-. Evocative and haunting and utterly memorable: your use of language is stunning. This is one of the few Harry Potter fanfics which accurately portrays character without resorting to shrieking hysterically about pairings or falling into the traps of cliche; a wonderful, enjoyable read. Thank you!
Queen Momoko chapter 1 . 12/6/2002
*snifflz* That was just so cute. Muffin! *eyes tear up* Keep up the good work! And remember... LIME GREEN!