Reviews for Sfumato
alphabet chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
I love your insights on Jack here! You've really hit him spot on. I like your Irina, too; she's a very real character.
k4writer02 chapter 1 . 2/2/2004
This story was really good! It was an interesting piece because it showed the complexity of Irina's feelings towards Jack. I was struck by the fact that she noticed (and perhaps regretted) that in their most honest conversation they disagreed. The conflict between the differing personalities of Laura and Irina was interesting. I especially liked the way she still got to Jack. Thanks for writing!
thedorkygirl chapter 1 . 12/10/2002
.. * ... Oh, my husband, my enemy, how you have changed. .. * ...

That is such an amazing line to have there. It reminds us of how conflicted Irina truly is. The play of emotions that we saw with that scene was expressed with your words in a simple yet intricate way. You played with the slightest movement of their lips, a frown or smile, and gave it background and depth.

Very well done.
icyfire chapter 1 . 12/6/2002
RJ,

I'm a big J/I shipper. I loved that scene and thank you for adding more depth to it. I like a conflicted Irina. Mixed emotions and I thought you wrote her wonderfully.

Thank you.

Robin
sirona7 chapter 1 . 12/6/2002
This is such a powerful vignette. I particularly love the conversation in the Louvre. The use of sfumato as a metaphor for the complexity of Irina's understanding of the world seems so very right and contrasts so beautifully with Jack's MC Escher worldview. The dichotomy is at the heart of the difference between Jack and Irina and it is fittingly served here that their greatest difference might also prove their greatest strength. We know so little about Irina and Jack together but this lovely story hints that something profound once was theirs. Thank you.
Seema chapter 1 . 12/6/2002
Very nice. Beautiful language, beautiful descriptions. And of course, just filled with tension and drama. Nicely done.