Reviews for Thorin's Barrel of Fun
ChelseaSW6 chapter 6 . 2/23/2019
Oh no another lovely story over too soon. I must start looking to see if they’re complete first but I don’t think it would stop me reading your work I really enjoy it.
Robinbird79 chapter 6 . 1/12/2016
This is just too freakin' adorable and fun. :)
Selania Nightwood chapter 6 . 11/14/2015
I was thinking that 'Wrena's' could be a few things. Either a bow and arrow, so Thorin would have to carve wood, instead of bend metal (and he could have some difficulty in it, but he perseveres). Double swords (similar to Prince Legolas). Or a sword like Orcist (so they can have 'matching' blades in battle).
Just a few thoughts. Hope these help, and can't wait until the next installment.

The best flower could be a blue bell,
Selania Nightwood
angel897 chapter 6 . 7/23/2015
liked it way fun to read
Gonat chapter 6 . 3/28/2015
Dear Katya, I love the dance that these 2 perform in Barrel. You are so good describing the inner turmoil she finds herself in when the procedure is not following the books. Wrena is a tough business woman and I am really looking forward to Thorin loosen her up and opening her eyes and especially heart (!) for love, the beautiful things and the pleasures in life! HE deserves it and it seems to me she does not know what she missed so far in life. As for her weapon of choice I think it would be a bow and arrow. It shows elegance and efficiency as well as strength and bravery to hold up that bow and find that still place in order to use it successfully. Love, Nat
Just4Me chapter 6 . 3/19/2015
Love how you're working in the prompts; I thought the embroidered bed linens seemed like a good traditional choice. Funny how the women would figure out their future pecking order during a good bout of embroidery. Werna's smart enough to see that Thorin is bored, and that she needs to step up her game to keep him interested. But I felt sorry for him when he was disappointed in her response to his sweet and thoughtful gift. At least we now know why she guards her heart so carefully. It's a lost hope - she's already a goner. Weapon of choice -maybe throwing knives? Easier to conceal in women's clothing than a battleaxe or sword.
dearreader chapter 6 . 3/18/2015
You incorporated my prompts beautifully, thank you. I think the weapon of choice for Werna is her wit combined with her beauty. Therefore her weapon would be kind of like a bejeweled small dagger that looks decorative, like a fancy belt buckle, but can be unsheathed into a weapon. Something that is not what it seems. Loved this chapter, she is feeling his pull, but she is so resistant. Romance is foreign to her, and she doesn't want it because of her mother. Perhaps one of her aunts can tell her how much love her parents had for each other, and it is not something to avoid, but embrace. Also her last gift to Thorin should be the secret recipe for her mead, which means she truly trusts him and puts him above all else in her life. If we are the best readers, it is because you are the best author.
Dopamine07 chapter 6 . 3/18/2015
I love how playful Thorin is while Werna is trying so hard to stick to traditions. Obviously hes gonna get to her I mean how could anybody resist him ;) As for the weapon I have no idea but it has to be something totally unexpected just to get under her skin again lol
EquusGold chapter 6 . 3/18/2015
I prompted a vintage bottle in order to see Werna's attitude when she received it XD

Loved this chapter. I thought it was brilliant howThorin was so attentive to her that he noticed she wasn't drinking.
Wynni chapter 6 . 3/18/2015
Werna strikes me as someone that'd want a practical weapon...maybe something that'd let her make her point from a distance...maybe a hand crossbow? ;) maybe even a double decker like from Lady Hawke...hehehee.
Just4Me chapter 5 . 3/10/2015
Oh, I don't think the King was the only one unraveling from that kiss. I love how Werna thinks she's all business here. But I think Thorin is going to get through those defenses. (And I agree, trust is where the problems lie. Without trust how can there be love?)
UKReader chapter 5 . 3/10/2015
What a delicious prompt, and as ever, so we'll fulfilled.

I have nothing inspired to offer I'm afraid, but you seem to have lots of fabulous suggestions, so I'll keep my pap ideas to myself until I can come up with something better. X
Wynni chapter 5 . 3/8/2015
I REALLY enjoyed this chapter. It's rarer than froghair to get to see cheeky or mischievous Thorin, and I'm lovin' him to pieces.

Possible presents in the message tube (no way I'm trying to spell out that monster word): a key, possibly to a space set aside just for her in Erebor; jewelry he made just for her, (like that fig and bee pin ;P) or a map, so that she has to go find someplace which would work well given this king's playfulness
like maybe a special picnic spot on Raven Hill
Vindalf Dvergar chapter 4 . 3/8/2015
OMG You have visuals. I love you so much
Fenjaicedragon chapter 5 . 3/8/2015
How about the gift would be a beautifully crafted mirror? In medieval/renaissance times a mirror was very expensive and rare. Plus I think dwarves to be a rather vain race, it would suit them to gift mirrors. Or maybe a set of mirror, comb and brush? Well, that's a bit much to fit in the "secret keeper".
Maybe later in the story you could fit in a German tradition if you want: we call it polterabend. It is one or two nights before the wedding and you celebrate it with people you couldn't invite to the wedding for some reason. There everyone smashes pottery or china, shards bring luck and the noise is supposed to scare away the bad spirits. In the end the couple needs to clean up the shards together, sometimes a guest topples the bucket with the shards over and they have to start all over again. What is important: no glass and no mirror smashing, that brings bad luck.
I love this story as much as all you other ones. I seriously should review more often.