Reviews for Thorin's Barrel of Fun
EquusGold chapter 5 . 3/7/2015
Perhaps the most fascinating thing about reading your Wren stories is seeing how the same person (at their core) is altered by circumstance and upbringing. With Werna it is intriguing to see how the core beliefs and traditions of her people clash with the lifestyle and circumstances that have been forced upon her. It will be fascinating to see how these things continue to clash or coexist.
Jayne DLM chapter 5 . 3/7/2015
Glad you liked my idea. I am sure you will execute it brilliantly!
Jayne DLM chapter 4 . 3/6/2015
I have another idea for a gift. Wren could give Thorin a special magic device which works like a puzzle. He has to answer questions about wren to unlock the puzzle's centre. The centre would be something of your choosing but it would be something very close to wren's heart that her future husband should have and or know to unlock her heart.
GuestReaderA chapter 4 . 3/5/2015
I am a bit embarrassed because of my (very) bad english in my last review and I'm happy you still figured it out :). What I wanted to say is, I like your Dwarven Wren character and I admired her 'chutzpah' as her most attractive TRAIT of personality (not treat :))
Thank you for the further insights into your Wren characters, I figured out that they are practical and collected until falling in love, also the 'control freak', but their being traditional was new to me (although the Christmas Wren stories should have given me a clue :D), given their likings of an unconventional lifestyle, like enjoyingr being on the road without responsibilities and not easily ready to settling. I realize, Wren would settle with the man she loves. But everyone tends to be reading their own preferences/experiences into stories :), thus the vast interpretations.
Wonderful story, I am enjoying it immensely and this time it is Thorin who really is in a pickle, I agree (not that it matters, it is your story and in no way you have to rely on other people's opinions).
I am looking forward to reading more of this, and especially her dwarven stubborness.
As a gift to her I think he should continue to surprise her with something extraordinary to rattle her out of her expectations (not very helpful, I know :D)
UKReader chapter 4 . 3/5/2015
Oh, you can see how she would be frustrated - she's a control freak and worried. And lovely Thorin is testing and getting the measure of her, but it not quite panning out is it?

Maybe he should do something significant like gift her permission to carry on with her business somehow? Oh, I dunno. It will be cool whatever you do.
Just4Me chapter 4 . 3/3/2015
I laughed at how easily he was distracted by her glorious bosom. And yes, I agree that Thorin is in a major pickle this time. I think Wren will be running his kingdom a month after they are married. Love the "Dwarven Wren" board on Pinterest. Now I can really picture Wren and some of her opulent outfits. But then I go and get distracted by all the beautiful pictures of Thorin. I don't have a clue what his next present should be, but I can't wait to find out.
Wynni chapter 4 . 3/3/2015
You know I'm totally sucked into a story, when I read it like I'm reading about friends. As such, here's what I gots to say:

the absolute mischiefmaker in me is suggesting lingerie and chocolates. (is Thea on vacation in my brain?)
though I think, for his own safety, he should go for a more tender moments sort of gift. Something he knows would mean a great deal to her.
Just4Me chapter 3 . 2/28/2015
Well, I don't think she should smack him on the top of his head with the book. It's great to read a story where Thorin is the more romantic of the two. The book of love poetry was a perfect gift. It really seemed to throw poor Werna for a loop. Maybe it will encourage her to loosen up and be a little more creative with her gifts, too. She could try to shake his composure with a non-traditional gift as well, and they could have a little battle-of-the-gifts. I don't think she's ready to admit she might have some feelings for our handsome King.
dearreader chapter 3 . 2/27/2015
She should thank him for the beautiful gift, and hint that it she loves it, in spite of it being traditionally inappropriate. Then, the next time they are alone, perhaps on one of their outings when the chaperone is out of earshot, she should take it out of her pocket and read one of the poems to him. I also thought of another gift, from either one to the other: a jewel encrusted music box with plays his/her favorite melody. Far over the Misty Mts.?perhaps.
GuestReaderA chapter 3 . 2/27/2015
In the first installment of this story with Werna I very much admired her "chuzpe" and that was her most attractive treat of personality. She shouldn't go back now, what if he's a king and she is supposed to be his minor, in the end he is just a person like everyone else. I would love for her to get her self-confidence back. The book Thorin gave her might have been a little fast forward according to dwarf traditions, but I didn't take her for being such a traditionalist...
IMHO, Werna should throw her inhibitions over board and just follow her intuition (or her instincts, which would be more base and physical :), why not?)
Love, A.
Wynni chapter 3 . 2/27/2015
Werna's a straightforward kind of gal, I don't see her changing that now. Ask him outright, why the book now instead of later? Heck, knowin' her, I wouldn't put it past her teasing his failing memory of which gift when :P

and I would still love to see either an embroidering scene, or quilting scene, with Werna and her family, or even with Lady Dis. muwhahahaha Let this scion of Durin meet the combined will and might of all those doughty ladies arrayed against him. It should be comedy gold!
UKReader chapter 3 . 2/26/2015
Smashing! Oh she's a feisty one ain't she? Smart prompts again.

Just re-read your prompt request - sorry to have given you a deluge not a trickle! ** slaps wrist ** Must read prompt requests PROPERLY. :o/
EquusGold chapter 3 . 2/26/2015
Love how upset she gets that he's not following protocol to the letter haha.
killthepain62 chapter 2 . 2/26/2015
This is really cute. Please update! Object: Dagger, Activity: Horseback riding disaster!
Wynni chapter 1 . 2/26/2015
Possible gifts: tapestries, embroidered bed linens, hankerchiefs, favors (I embroidered a belt favor for Butch when we got married, he still has it)
From him to her gifts: personalized hair combs and jewelry, possibly with bee motifs? bodice dagger, or throwing axes (what's her preference?) Books if she's a big reader, if she rides a lot, then personalized tack for the pony, stationary could be a big gift, too.
Activities: I'm still big on the crystal cavern trip, that's just a lovely event begging to be written. a tour of Erebor...especially since she's not from Erebor, A day out in the market, reviewing the guarda great way to let the guard know who else they're going to be responsible for, a visit to Dale, ...it'd also be fun watching her have a day with Dis and her ladies showing her what her new duties as Queen might be
39 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »