Reviews for Thorin's Barrel of Fun
Jayne DLM chapter 2 . 2/25/2015
Traditional gift could be golden handcuffs to symbolise their 'bond'... Who knows where she could leave Thorin helpless.
An activity could be a sword fight between the two.
Just4Me chapter 2 . 2/25/2015
They certainly enjoy their negotiations and contracts, don't they. I hope she got something to make up for the loss of her brewery. Very smart of Thorin to kiss her again, just to make sure he was not wrong in his choice. A traditional gift? How about a war hammer or axe, or a pair of matching ponies. Or maybe she could embroider Thorin's seal or Durin's crest on some bed linens. An activity? He could introduce her to his family (meeting Dis is always fun). Or some sort of dwarven competition where he could show off his muscles and mad fighting skills.
Just4Me chapter 1 . 2/25/2015
There is something irresistible about Thorin being a lovesick puppy. Werna seems to be a perfect combination of Wren and Thea - Wren's hair and freckles and Thea's glorious bosom. I loved this the first time I read it, and am glad to see you are going to give us more.
UKReader chapter 2 . 2/25/2015
Oh, I do love your prompt games! OK, here goes. I don't know how many you have, so I'm going to chuck a few into the mix. Mix and match as desired!

Items: Hair Beads (obvs), Soap, Quill and paper (for the writing of love letters), Lilacs, tobacco

Scenario's: Showing Thorin how to make the secret mead, sampling said mead to excess, sword training, riding (horses, you filthy filly), a funeral.

Some random, some predictable...
UKReader chapter 1 . 2/25/2015
Oh, I remember this one. It's delish! Skipping off to chapter 2...
dearreader chapter 2 . 2/25/2015
Love your idea of a voluptuous different from the usual one.

Love the idea of a voluptuous Wren. So different. OK. for gifts, from Wren to Thorin, a small miniature portrait of herself, a golden jewelers loop, rough gems he can polish, a shirt hand embroidered by his fiance, a scarf to wear with his armor, a custom fishing pole, a love poem written by her. To Wren from Thorin, a fur coat (from animal killed by him personally), a small sword with personal lessons included, a illustrated book of the history of his family, a locket with his picture in i. a golden key to symblize the key to his heart. I am trying to think of things beyond jewelry and beads. Things that are small enough to wrap. The fishing pole unscrews into short pieces. As for activities. Beyond picnics and horse rides and the usual trips to Dale. Dancing lessons for the wedding, singing lessons so they can sing a duet at the reception, a scenic hike in the mountains, a scavenger hunt, hide and seek in the library, cooking lessons to teach teamwork, flying kites, games like chess, writing and performing a short play (they can't be themselves, and camping, but in separate tents. Location of a kiss, elbow? or balcony, kitchen, stable, behind the throne, under the dining table. Topic of conversation: If you couldn't live in Erebor, where would you live. Where would you travel if you could go anywhere? What is the best thing about being royal, what is the worst? What does no one know about you? (applies to both) What would you do if you had world enough and time? Sorry, I got carried away.
EquusGold chapter 2 . 2/25/2015
I think it would be interesting to have Thorin give a vintage bottle or something . with Werna's history as a brewer it could lead to an interesting scenario haha
Guest chapter 2 . 2/24/2015
Jewelry! And a book. How many things are we allowed to request? Food! All the best things in life.
Wynni chapter 2 . 2/24/2015
I still like my beehive in a fig tree idea, even if it is just gold filigree and mother of pearl :P as to what they could do...how about touring those crystal caverns ? They could go for a romantic picnic inside what amounts to a giant kaleidoscope.
39 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3