Reviews for For What It's Worth
absolutely amazing. i managed to stay strong until the last chapter, and then i just cried and cried. amazing story, written so beautifully. if you ever decide to write more mondler i’d be thrilled because you’re extremely talented. thank you for writing this!
Wow, there are no words how much I adore this story. Honestly, I originally came for the smut part but decided to continue reading. I was not dissappointed! Thank you for sharing!
P.S. you earned some serious brownie points for all the correct pregnancy related issues. Can't help grimacing for all the fics out there that have problems with that area. (I'm a midwife so I would know) GOOD JOB!
SomewhereBeyondReality chapter 3 . 3/3
For some reason I only just came across this and it’s such an interesting set up! Love kickass, determined Monica breaking into the news industry - can see her as a great journalist and it’s a good way of looping in with all the current events at the time.
Swin9 chapter 45 . 1/29
Hi!
I've no idea if you're still around here and if you'll read this, but I've just finished this story... and I have to thank you. I'm not American, English is not even my mother language and I really know little about the Vietnam war, but... your story made me want to learn more, and also listening to a lot of 60s music ;)
I rewatched Friends in these past months and as always the Mondler feelings struck me hard, but this time they hit harder than usual and I just needed something to hold on by. Your story did that and a lot more than that. It's difficult to find some fan stories written with your kind of skill, so real and relatable and simply good. I found your characters written very well and IC, the sets and descriptions are so real I felt like watching it on tv, and the plot is so involving I literally couldn't stop reading (I read a lot of chapters in the middle of the night for this). But most of all, the way you are capable of writing feelings and thoughts is marvelous.
More than once I had a lump in the throat, and I even cried. I never cry!
You are a wonderful writer, sincerely thank you for this story, for these lovely Chandler and Monica, for all the feelings.
Hey just finished reading your story, practically stayed up all night and I regret nothing! I really loved it, it was so well written, you took the reader back to an era most of us never lived through and weaved this complicated but captivating love story. It was really well written and I loved the way the characters were portrayed with the back stories and everything. Looking forward to reading more Mondler from you in the future (hopefully) :)
Mondler2017 chapter 45 . 9/30/2018
I cried! I cant believe that Joey died. I love this story sooo much! I have read this like a million times, and I still read it every year.
I am bawling like a baby, with tears flowing down my cheeks. You left me speechless. I have no words to say, other than that your very talented, and I hope you keep writing more Mondler stories in the future. As for this chapter, not only was it touching, and emotional. The message was deep. Thanks for sharing this story, Love ya!
Mondler2017 chapter 1 . 9/28/2018
Your fanfics are amazing! I am your number one fan, for years!
CamilleCM chapter 46 . 9/12/2018
I used to comment on this story as a guest, but now I have an account, I feel like I should leave something. This is my absolute favorite fanfic story EVER. It combines a lot of my favorite things, FriendsMondler, the 60s (some of your chapters reminded me of Mad Men, and that show has amazing aesthetics so the fact I envisioned everything you wrote to that show is a testament to your writing) and good old rock/pop songs. The escalation is perfect and really symbolic of that era from what I read, the sense of freedom and carefree lightheartedness of the 60s for the youth of that time (which I think is similar to the relative innocence and liberation of the 90s-Gen X that Friends captured) before the reality of the war settled and couldn't be ignored anymore. I don't mean to write an essay, just saying how good this story is, and how easily it could be turned into a novel. I love bittersweet endings, they're much more impactful and stay with me far longer than happy or sad endings, thus I understand completely that final decision. Anyway, thank you for your work, and maybe I will download this story in case anything happens to the internet haha! I read it more than once and will continue to do so. Bless you!
Wayward-or-Awkward chapter 1 . 8/26/2018
For this fic I honestly have no words. I think I may have briefly turned into Janice while reading with all my silently gasped "Oh My God"s. The emotions I felt during this are almost impossible to find while reading award-winning novels, nevermind free fanfictions! In some ways I wish everything had been perfect in the end, with Joey meeting his namesakes, but I realise that it simply wouldn't have worked. Usually a death like this would frustrate me to no end, but it was so tastefully written it didn't take away from this outstanding tale one bit. Anyway, I'll leave you with a simple Thank You for gracing us with this piece.
Guest chapter 44 . 3/28/2018
I read this story over and over and it never fails to hit me right in my emotions. I love the drama and the romance in this story. You are such a good writer. Never stop.
Guest chapter 46 . 8/18/2017
Wow. Just wow. I could not pry myself away from this story. It was so beautifully written and I'm literally holding back tears. This story was interesting for me because my moms Dad was shot down in the middle of the Indian Ocean in 1969, just two years after my mother was born. The scene with the Wall hit especially close to home because his name is up there and I've seen it. Though I was only eight then, it moved me to see his name there, among the thousands of others. Anyway, I thought the story was great and I absolutely love anything Mondler :). Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone.
Guest chapter 46 . 5/29/2017
Fantastic! Hope you continue to write amazing mondler fics
Guest chapter 46 . 5/27/2017
Loved it! Unbelievable writing!
RD chapter 46 . 5/26/2017