Reviews for For What It's Worth
CamilleMondler chapter 46 . 9/12
I used to comment on this story as a guest, but now I have an account, I feel like I should leave something. This is my absolute favorite fanfic story EVER. It combines a lot of my favorite things, FriendsMondler, the 60s (some of your chapters reminded me of Mad Men, and that show has amazing aesthetics so the fact I envisioned everything you wrote to that show is a testament to your writing) and good old rock/pop songs. The escalation is perfect and really symbolic of that era from what I read, the sense of freedom and carefree lightheartedness of the 60s for the youth of that time (which I think is similar to the relative innocence and liberation of the 90s-Gen X that Friends captured) before the reality of the war settled and couldn't be ignored anymore. I don't mean to write an essay, just saying how good this story is, and how easily it could be turned into a novel. I love bittersweet endings, they're much more impactful and stay with me far longer than happy or sad endings, thus I understand completely that final decision. Anyway, thank you for your work, and maybe I will download this story in case anything happens to the internet haha! I read it more than once and will continue to do so. Bless you!
Wayward-or-Awkward chapter 1 . 8/26
For this fic I honestly have no words. I think I may have briefly turned into Janice while reading with all my silently gasped "Oh My God"s. The emotions I felt during this are almost impossible to find while reading award-winning novels, nevermind free fanfictions! In some ways I wish everything had been perfect in the end, with Joey meeting his namesakes, but I realise that it simply wouldn't have worked. Usually a death like this would frustrate me to no end, but it was so tastefully written it didn't take away from this outstanding tale one bit. Anyway, I'll leave you with a simple Thank You for gracing us with this piece.
I read this story over and over and it never fails to hit me right in my emotions. I love the drama and the romance in this story. You are such a good writer. Never stop.
Guest chapter 46 . 8/18/2017
Wow. Just wow. I could not pry myself away from this story. It was so beautifully written and I'm literally holding back tears. This story was interesting for me because my moms Dad was shot down in the middle of the Indian Ocean in 1969, just two years after my mother was born. The scene with the Wall hit especially close to home because his name is up there and I've seen it. Though I was only eight then, it moved me to see his name there, among the thousands of others. Anyway, I thought the story was great and I absolutely love anything Mondler :). Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone.
Guest chapter 46 . 5/29/2017
Fantastic! Hope you continue to write amazing mondler fics
Guest chapter 46 . 5/27/2017
Loved it! Unbelievable writing!
RD chapter 46 . 5/26/2017
Holy sh*t! Claps for you! *massive applause*
Guest chapter 46 . 5/26/2017
...amazing...
Desmin Swift chapter 46 . 2/12/2017
*SPOILERS*This is now one of my favourite stories. It was beautiful. The last chapters were extremely emotional. I did not expect Joey's death at all, and it really struck me. The story was very enjoyable, it's one of the few stories that have very good writing, perfect storyline, a balance between each characters, both dark and light. It was amazing. I smiled and cried while reading it. It was perfection...
Soumi97 chapter 45 . 1/22/2017
That was the most angsty story I've ever read, and that includes some of your amazing Mondlers as well. I literally spent 3 sleepless nights in a row to get through as fast as possible... I can only imagine the herculean task it must've been to write it, really great work, hats off!
erintherese86 chapter 26 . 1/9/2017
I'm reading this on the train and almost missed my stop home I was so engrossed in this!
erintherese86 chapter 22 . 1/9/2017
Not only am i enjoying this fic but I'm learning things - I didn't know the draftees were sent across the country for training before they went to 'Nam. Granted, what I know about the war I learnt from Forrest Gump.

I hope Monica doesn't turn to Kip again after Chandler hurt her so badly!
erintherese86 chapter 6 . 1/8/2017
When I first read the authors note for this I was a bit put off, scrolled onto other stories. Then I read a whole bunch of your stories and was hooked on your writing so I gave this a go. I'm really enjoying it so far. Ross enlisting is a great move, I didn't see it coming but it makes sense for his character. Can't wait to read more'
addictedtoacertainlifestyle chapter 46 . 4/25/2016
two hours. all in one sitting. and man, i am now out of words. i mean, how? how did you do something so different, but also somehow very familiar? the setting, the storyline, EVERYTHING, was absolutely breathtaking (and i cried at the end, of course!) i could ramble on and on, if i had any words. i just love it, so so much. this was an unforgettable experience, an exquisitw story to read, and i'd read it again in a heartbeat. keep on writing, you truly are something!
Guest chapter 46 . 4/19/2016
Today I came to fanfic net to read again the best fic I have ever read, and I choose For What is Worth. I have no regrets, this story is a great, original, novel. It's relatable to all Friends characters, centered in a beautiful journey for Chandler and Monica.
You should be proud of what you have created, proud of your talent, and always look forward, toward a Bright life as a writer, as a woman.