Reviews for The Fox Hunt
dreamer 3097 chapter 1 . 3/20/2016
A good stoty
Camilla10 chapter 6 . 1/18/2016
Such an intriguing plot! Now I am off to read the sequel.
Hillevi chapter 6 . 11/11/2015
Perfect! Perfect scary story. Thank you
Hillevi chapter 1 . 11/11/2015
How exciting! Brilliant and possible start of story
Palindrome310 chapter 6 . 10/8/2015
Omg! It's horrible that Branson suffered abus as well! It's sad that Sybil isn't there to help and advice them. It was curious to see Anna being so open with Mary, but it as good to hear a servant's perspective. I'm so glad Matthew knows that Mary isn't blaming him.

Interesting to see Thomas having his own internal debate and finally doing the right thing.
Palindrome310 chapter 5 . 10/8/2015
God, all the corpses were there? That's beyond disgusting and cruel. I'm glad the plan worked and that Mary reassurdd Matthew that it isn't his fault. Well done with slapping Tony, he is insufferable, and hitting the Duke with the bottle.
Palindrome310 chapter 4 . 10/8/2015
Now Matthew remembered evrything! It's so sad he feels shame and fear of embarassing and ruining the family. Bates certainly overstepped with his comments, but I'm glad he stopped Mary's fury and that she supports Matthew. I wonder what he will do, it's so in-character that he wants to stop the Duke to hurting more people.
Palindrome310 chapter 3 . 10/8/2015
First of all, I congratulate you for adding a trigger warning. It shows a respect and responsibilty as a writer.

This was dark. From the more humorous and morbid conversation of Matthew and Mary about her "boyfriends" and her remarrying to the abuse Matthew suffered. It surprised me that Thomas spoke freely with Bates, I like that it shows the kinder side of him, and that Bates doesn't like him for his personality and not for his homosexuality.

Tony was so arrogant, and I thought Blake was being more rational, but he seems to have a secret to protect. I hope he does the right thing.
Palindrome310 chapter 2 . 10/8/2015
I liked that Mary didn't want to pressure him, told him directly that they weren't forced to marry and realised quickly that Matthew didn't want to contradict them. She said that it was possible that love won't come but it was clear she hope it will. In the end, she's taking chances.

I have to admit that Bates was really smart, he knows that the world is cruel and that the aristocrats aren't like the Crawleys. I have to say that Branson's annoyance of the family's patience with Matthew is petty, he has a serious trauma.

It's sad that Matthew has so much fear. He's intelligent, so he realised what he is expected to do but his confusion and self-image is still on the floor. I liked the dark humour at the library.
Palindrome310 chapter 1 . 10/8/2015
I've been curious about this story for a while, and finally gave it a chance. I liked that Matthew has parts of his personality but he's changed by the last year's events. His hardships are a great way of showing how people treat does that don't fit in, he had no place in the world and his accent mixed with his injuries didn't contribute.

It was nice to relate Isobel's kindness and desire of help with her first reaction. Dr. Clarkson it's the worst doctor ever, but he was vey smart and careful about a possible scam. The memories about Patrick and polishing shoes were interesting. I have to admit that Robert did the right thing with bluntness, there isn't an easy way for some news.
Guest chapter 6 . 6/27/2015
Well written compelling and good charcterisation..
Downton.fangirl chapter 6 . 6/25/2015
Damn. What a story! I had so many feelings I stayed up half the night with a raving jeart to finish this! Wow. I hope theyre is a sequel! Amazing story, a very different perspective but very enlightening.
sf.fangirl chapter 6 . 6/2/2015
Wow! Amazing story. I'm not a huge MM fan (I only found her tolerable after they marry and she shows her softer side), but I ignored this story previously mostly because the description gave me the impression it was going to be a light, fluffy, and poorly done wish fulfillment of Matthew returning. Obviously this is not that kind of story. Your way of having Matthew survive was well-done (I mean we know that his family identified the body), and you didn't make it an easy recovery for him - in fact you made it horribly painful. You do pathos, angst, tragedy, and drama all well. His slow and painful recovery and its impact on Mary was well done. I like what you did with both Tony and Charles (that might explains Charles weird non-romantic interest in helping Mary get rid of Tony in series 5.)

Just wow! I started reading and couldn't stop. Well done!
nikma chapter 6 . 4/16/2015
Thank you for this amazing story. You are a brilliant writer; Have you ever considered publishing your work?
pencilledwords chapter 6 . 4/5/2015
Oh my goodness, I loved this story. Now, where do I start? I like your writing style, I thought your characterisation was pretty spot on (like Mary loving Matthew and standing by him, but also being somewhat worried about the scandal), and the plot had me hooked from beginning to end. I read all 6 chapters in one sitting hahaha. The only thing I thought I might point out is that there are a few times where you don't finish your sentences. Other than that, I seriously enjoyed reading this! It's not just that I love the thought of Matthew sort of being brought back to life, but also the intrigue and mystery in your story, as we find out what really happened to him and what an arse the Duke is. I also liked that you showed how men too can be raped and taken advantage of, and that there's no victim-blaming involved. I just want to hug Matthew and make him feel better :( I would honestly really love a sequel! :D