Reviews for The Sum is Greater than its Parts
Prime808 chapter 20 . 10/25/2023
Well let's block out a couple negative reviews with a good one this story was wonderful you did an absolutely great job on it you made a wonderful crossover and I do wish you had of continued but I understand something's just don't go the way people want I wish someone would have adopted this but it is what it is so thank you for writing this and have a wonderful life
Guest chapter 20 . 1/23/2023
Pussy
WirelessDown chapter 17 . 1/23/2023
What nonsense in the head of Hood and the Arbiter. I am indignant at how foolish you have portrayed them. Firstly, these are two experienced military leaders, and even though Hood was not close to Preston Cole, he also knew how to properly fight and understood what strategies to use. I don't know about the tactical and strategic mind of the Arbiter, but he is an excellent fighter, speaker and leader. So these two you have portrayed as fools. Moreover, Hood was deliberately denigrated and exposed as an indecisive xenophobe. No, I understand him, but he wouldn't abandon half the fleet for land, damn it. The same presentation to the arbiter and his call to battle. He is not an idiot and must understand that it is important to win not a couple of battles, but a war. And all this devilry with the younger generation... Nonsense. It smacks of greed for power and defeat in war. But of course we will not see the USSC perish due to the greed of the young and their inexperience. We will see the OP OC now solving the war easily and simply. No. I no longer agreed with the vilification of Hood by behind-the-scenes manipulation, and now I do not agree with outright stupidity. Hood is not a coward. He commanded in the battle with the Covenant for Earth while in one of the ODPs. And both times. He was ready to die and he later showed that he was willing to work with the aliens for peace and prosperity. He could be xenophobic, but certainly not indecisive. The indecisive do not become admirals. Although Hood is right in this dispute, but sending half the fleet to Earth and losing that half ... it turns out that he is dumb and stupid. And this cyberattack is generally idiocy. But in general, your USSC is, in principle, irrational and illogical, if it is building something like Halo, but it is not capable of building an automated fleet. Why are there millions of people on the ship? I always thought that was the dumbest part of this fic. Well, why does a BATTLE SHIP, whose task is to fight first and bombard the surface second, need millions of people? Even if it is 54 kilometers long? Here is the AI, preferably even 5, he needs for the functioning of the ship and maybe 20,000 - 50,000 crew members. This is a carrier that was created to transport troops, it needs hundreds of thousands of landing fighters and preferably several of these ships, because if one is shot down, then all the millions will go with it into oblivion.
WirelessDown chapter 8 . 1/22/2023
Hmmm... Why should the fear of the Citadel races concern the UNSC or whatever? They just have to come to terms with the fact that their Citadel is no longer the largest station in the galaxy, and their fleet is essentially just a bunch of lifeboats compared to the UNSC fleet. And so that you understand, just taking it and doing reverse engineering at the Citadel in decades will not work. Firstly, it is too different a branch of technology, and secondly, sufficiently developed sciences are needed in many areas in order to engage in reverse engineering. Give a medieval peasant an engine and he will not be able to take it and recreate it, even if the whole village works towards this goal all his life. The races of the Citadel are too obsessed with element zero and I see not using the element for technology, but creating technology for element zero. Because he is everywhere with them. But despite the convenience and rapid progress in many areas of technology, it has a huge drawback - it lacks the potential for further development of technology. this is evident from the thousand years of stagnation in the technologies of the Citadel. Should the UNSC pay attention to the races of the Citadel, who actually imagine themselves as superpowers, used to dictate their terms to young civilizations, and stopped in their development immediately after the slightest success? I think no. And what will the Citadel do if the UNSC (I can't remember the name) declares war? never mind. They will simply be destroyed. The Mantle has many interpretations and sometimes they are different, but the only way does not change - the protection of life from extinction. That is, in fact, as long as the species is alive, the UNSC can send them even to the Stone Age. All the more so, I consider it most deserving of the Council races who oppressed the younger races. After all, all this exchange of technology and trade, while giving an advantage to young races in space exploration, but other various laws and agreements immediately come into play that GUARANTEE that client races WILL OBEY THE Council or be destroyed like Rachni, possible expulsion even from their home world ( the quarians allude to this) or will be oppressed just like the krogan. Many will say that the genophage is important, and I agree with them, but the krogan were actually raised and made into a race of soldiers. What did the Council expect when they raised an entire race to be soldiers and then left them to deal with it themselves? This was the main reason for the krogan rebellion, not their fertility.
Stormzy chapter 11 . 12/10/2022
Ahhh I remember this work. Good writing and plot and I love the power of the Halo-verse. However only problem with this work is I get the NSSC are trying to establish friendly relations. But cmon. These weak ass races be talking wayyy too much shit. NSSC need to get them to realise that if they wanted to, they'd destroy them and their planets.
Stormzy chapter 14 . 8/14/2022
Is there a reason you're making the UNSC (plus other races) so subservient to the Citadel? The Mantel of Responsibility dictates that they protect lesser races, not become their bitch. I understand they don't want to be seen as aggressors but there is only so much to do when lesser beings start acting all jumped up and talk as though they have any power at all over the UNSC. The Citadel needs a figurative slap to have them realise they're lucky the UNSC hasn't obliterated their entire galaxy.
Stormzy chapter 8 . 8/14/2022
Its a really good plot with well thought out ideas. However it has the problem that occurs with most Halo fanfics. Scattered, the pace of the story either quickens too much or slows, and then the whole 50 perspectives at once within a single chapter. On top of that your multiple inclusions of OC characters like there aren't already multiple actual characters who can be used. It's annoying because I really like the idea behind this but the just not a fan of the execution.
TheRightPrice chapter 9 . 8/11/2022
Very surprising you have Shepard complaining about but knowing the Spartans capabilities, then she sees them take off running at full speed and doesn't have anything to say about it? It should have been a jaw dropping moment to see human beings take off running at what is probably a 100 mph or more by this point (31st century).
mcanal chapter 16 . 6/12/2022
Why they never thought that the reapers could initiate and do cyberwarfare is beyond me. What was the use of centuries of experience if they have not even prepared for it?
mcanal chapter 4 . 6/11/2022
How did they come to the conclusion of jumping universes? They could have ended in a neighboring galaxy with a similar stellar body as their own galaxy.
Darkfire2u chapter 9 . 6/2/2022
Is there a chapter missing? how did you get from events of chapter 8 to this one. This is a time skip with zero information on what happened during the time skip.
Inuyasha-loves-Hanyou-Kagome chapter 8 . 5/19/2022
I thought Shepard was with the Halo guys.
MoinLeute chapter 9 . 5/4/2022
extent the human lifespan
MoinLeute chapter 9 . 5/4/2022
how can nick be be almost 600? he he would be born them around 2400 and by the start of war 140, an very old almost dead man considering that they dont had the ability to extenz the
MoinLeute chapter 8 . 5/4/2022
mass effect weapons can nothing against forerunner tech, even against UNSC tech it would have a hard time and now you are telling me that their shields are one shot?... btw kynetic shield more primitive than energy shields