Reviews for The Sum is Greater than its Parts
edboy4926 chapter 12 . 5/8/2015
Good chapter
Fer82 chapter 12 . 5/8/2015
Uhmm interesting chapter. Specially the part about Hood and his involment with Cerberus, if this was something that was keeping underwraps its certainly something that will cause some concerns, but the Vanguard class could be the prototype to a new and "cheap" fast attack craft that could be produce with enough numbers and fast enough for races like the Quarians, the Krogan and even Council races if they can stop of being morons.

So yeah, with several expeditions to corroborate the findings of the NSCC. The Council can opt to a strategy of still wasting time around the issues that they previuosly solved (Quarians, Geths, Krogans, Batarians) until reach and stalemate that only provoque a rift between the several races of the galaxy. Adopt an antagonist path and denounce the activities of the new comers, pandering to the fear to the unknow... that only reinforce the perception that its something wrong with them.

Not easy choices for them... of course they will not choose cooperate. They certainly believe that taking that choice only will provoque the feared loss of influence of the Citadel and the "crumbling" of the civilizaded galaxy.
kamikage86 chapter 12 . 5/8/2015
Yep, a good chapter, keep it up.
hunter 139 chapter 12 . 5/8/2015
Good to have you back. It's nice to see that the Citadel races are finally taking the threat of the Reapers seriously, and maybe this time, when the Reapers arrive, it won't be a complete massacre.
RoyalTwinFangs chapter 12 . 5/8/2015
Not bad at all. Update soon please.
Sajuuk chapter 12 . 5/8/2015
hello lol
good chapter
i can see that the dalatress would make some bad call that would be problem for the future
i hope a lots of new tech appear in the Council and the NCSS
i think that the illusion man would use some of the idea from hades and takeo to creat better tech and would push the Council in creating better tech for stopping the reaper
i hope a lot of new holo tech : holo soldier, holo drone, holo armor, holo weapon, holo shield, holo camouflage ... think at it like a mixte of mass effect holo tech with ideas from startrek to help
also a lot of portal and singularity tech like the iconian from startrek online or the alterran from stargate
other idea like mecha from tech like the security dron mecha can help to creat better mecha than the mantis in something like the gundams or mobile suit or mobile armor
also i hope that the ODST and spartan have some idea and upgraded from ME like the weapons folding, MODs for amno, more tech and other upgraded
so to speak go wild and kill the reapers
by
sajuuk
ps : i can't wait the next chapter
MoonBurner chapter 12 . 5/8/2015
I'm thinking either Admiral Hood is compromised, or that wasn't actually him. Reapers coming to play a little early?
kingslops chapter 12 . 5/8/2015
good chapter i hope to see more
Guardian of the Inheritance chapter 11 . 4/29/2015
A great story with many new ideas. You are doing great good job keep it up
Why u do dis chapter 4 . 4/27/2015
Okaaay... um... I like the story so far... but I think the other universe thing is a bit... how do I say this... really far fetched and just ridiculous lol

other than that and some grammar errors (which I can't fault you on since I would be lost without spellcheck ;P) its pretty good.

Also on a side note, I kind of feel bad for the Covenant Loyalist... . -_- .
HaywireEagle chapter 11 . 4/25/2015
Spartan II and III's are the only ones with the number designation. S-IV's are adult military volunteers instead of inscripted orphans or children. If Cypher was one of the previous generations. He would have still just been called Spartan instead.

Plus, you said there were only 500 Spartans in the whole of that fleet? There were about that many in the UNSC Infinity. Which also worked as a training and enchancement facility for Spartans. Several thousand might have been a better number.

I'm glad you aren't filling these things with 600 year old pop-culture references like many of these fics do. Very vague ones would be amusing to see every once and awhile. Not twenty every chapter. So bonus points for you.
HaywireEagle chapter 10 . 4/25/2015
The only reason why Slipsspace was rediscorvered by the Halo races was due to leftover Forerunner tech and the 'Gene Song' implanted in the genetics of humans by the librarian during her catalouging and planning. The divergent time-line thing doesn't really work argument wise.
HaywireEagle chapter 7 . 4/24/2015
Right. I remembered one of my major points.

Everyone seems to play the ME universe as stagnant in it's technological evolution. Which seems to be a partial truth in this fic.

The main reason why Halo advanced as fast as it did was because of desperation and war. Which was not the case with the ME universe. It did not help, that the ME universe has to progress at a slower rate that is guided by the Reaper's machinations. They reach a critical point and are harvested. (ie. every 50,000 years)

There are also no Tier 0 or 1 civilizations to copy. Teir 4 and 3 being the standared universal average. It's not really stagnation. They develop slowly.

Also, QEC's didn't become available until after ME2 when the Alliance distributed what they had gotten from the SR-2.
If anything, that was the one thing ME had over the Mass Effect universe. Besides the whole real-space FTL instead of having to tear a hole in the fabric of time and space. Probably cheaper reasource wise. It also helped cut down on resource consumption. Different and fairly efficiant commercial applications. Even strategic ones if worked right.

While not honed to the powerful edge of Forerunner tech (considering ME universe is practically culled every 50k or so.)

Instantanious real-time communication instead of (fairly fast) slip-space comunications (which was really just a standard transmission through a slip-space dimension.)

Also, I doubt Reapers actually kill any of the planets they cull if they can help it. They just get all of the sentients and wipe (most) of the previous inhabitant structures to start the whole thing over.

There is the whole ME AI are pure computer code that develops sentience against the Halo universes brain/computer babies.

Another one of my points that I felt the desire to share. Something that I felt that most people forget, ignore, or actually realize.
HaywireEagle chapter 8 . 4/24/2015
Honestly, there are a lot of facts that you have stated that are either erronous or just mistated.

There are hundereds of space fairing species in the ME universe. You just don't see them in the game due to constraints. The fact is stated in the Codex and in ME1 Embassy receptionist.

Lot of these minor or moderate details that are miskewed a bit.

Slipspace is just the FTL. Plasma/Fushion engines provide the thrust and power.

Not a bad story, but it is rather boring for the most part. No offense or anything. It is rather well written after all.

I had a lot of points to state, but I lost track of most of them as I read on.
HaywireEagle chapter 5 . 4/24/2015
I wouldn't be surprised if the Precursors, Forerunner, and Humanity were behind much of the life supporting worlds in the Halo Universe. With their non-existance in the ME universe to explain why so much is similiar and so much is different.

Unique AI names were cool to me. Don't change that. It's like having awesome ship names. It gives them character.
413 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 .. Last Next »