Reviews for The Sum is Greater than its Parts
Azaira chapter 19 . 1/8/2019
Absolutely love this story. Definitely the best of this crossover type that I've come across. It's a bit sad to see it abandoned.

As an aside, I don't see the Reapers actually doing much damage if they truly prepared for an invasion from an organic synthetic race with their current technological level. Especially after the Earth Invasion.

1) Nuke relays to prevent invasions while simultaneously crippling them, then force a supernova from the star they are near. Depending on distance and timing, the Reaper ships would have anywhere from minutes to hours to repair and escape such a blast(unlikely).

2) Create portable mini-Halo's(cuz, y'know, organic-synthetic starships), send place them in empty systems between civilizations, and ignite them when a Reaper fleet is detected. Their range could be modular, from a few million kilometers to 1c radius. Casualties would be minimal to none. Could even have them cloaked and simply send them into Reaper infested systems instead.

3) Repeat the SA Relay gimmick with cloaked ships, blowing up the entire Reaper fleet before they could do anything beyond register the radiation and attempt to fire.

That's simply off the top of my head. Though it would finish the war rather quick, which isn't conductive to long stories. But I could see the Mini-Halo as their retaliation. I think they had a 10,000 km diameter with a 25,000 light-year radius? So a 1km ring would make it 25 light-years? That would ensure they couldn't escape through FTL either, and makes it highly unlikely they would accidentally kill any unknown civilizations.
Space chapter 9 . 7/25/2018
It took a 2 hour flight to finish this one chapter. That is absolutely beautiful love this so much.
Hamilton406 chapter 8 . 7/18/2018
Im not a fan of revealing everything to everyone in one swoop. I would of preferred that the( I already forgot thier new name just now) Unsc and covenant remained stealth mode and tried to avoid the citadel and system Alliance at all cost because of the rules that they have and so they don’t try and steal technology from them. I’m on chapter 8 but if the “new ark” starts giving thier technology to the other races just as a sign of faith or whatever I’m done reading this
Mikey P chapter 19 . 7/2/2018
So, about a third of the way through this chapter, I could not help thinking "f**king get on with it" and hope you stopped rambling and got on with the story. Alas, that was not to be - the rambling continued, and the story now appears abandoned.

I'd like to see this continue, although I'm not too sure of the wisdom of gutting your experienced wartime leadership and implementing an option that you have historical proof is a very bad idea - especially when you know the enemy is capable of indoctrination.

Well, if you continue this in the future, I'll take another look and see where you end up going with it.
Random reader chapter 19 . 6/23/2018
This story is so amazing when are you going to update it? Please update soon I am dying to read the next chapter!
Guest chapter 8 . 11/23/2017
Dumb as fuck for you to have Nick play the risky caught spy, and really! Confusing husks with flood!
GoldenKingOfUnlimitedBlades chapter 15 . 11/8/2017
I guess all the stress and reveals must have made the mild indoctrination break or something. they’re finally making sense!
SaintMichael95 chapter 19 . 8/24/2017
I love this story buuut you said you'd have the next chapter out a week after this was posted. That was 10 months ago. Is this finally abandoned? Or are we just going to expect a chapter every 6-12 months now?
SaintMichael95 chapter 13 . 8/23/2017
Sigh, yup, Batarians are stupid. S.T.U.P.I.D.
Lutemis chapter 4 . 7/24/2017
And that timeline was so PROMISING...
Guest chapter 19 . 7/12/2017
Why give up on this story its amazing just what I've been trying to find, op halo races making everyone else look pathetic.
CReaper210 chapter 19 . 7/10/2017
Just read all 19 chapters. I really enjoyed it. I wish you'd continue it, but it's been 8 months since the last update, so I guess it's abandoned?
Stoko chapter 19 . 5/9/2017
I just finished reading this through again, hope you come back to it soon! Also hoping, as unlikely as it is, that Javik's journey isn't over just yet!
Halo chapter 19 . 4/22/2017
Where did this story go!?
polarpwnage chapter 7 . 3/18/2017
A picture of enlightened humanity, drop onto a planet to investigate a new species 'thresher maws' and then promptly murder it with an orbital strike. Good job humanity
413 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »