Reviews for Team Anko
redeyehawk23 chapter 8 . 9/22/2023
Well, I can't read this. I'm just constantly annoyed by whatever writing style this is.
redeyehawk23 chapter 3 . 9/22/2023
This is fucking annoying to read... I hope Anko is less annoying later because I hate this atm.
natot chapter 21 . 3/13/2023
seeing how rationally he treats people, I assume that those people who died transferring all their chakra to Naruto when he was in the hospital were for the most part prisoners
Guest chapter 17 . 3/13/2023
in the jutsu for transhumanism, the technological level is explained quite similarly.
natot chapter 15 . 3/12/2023
Answering the question what would I do. First of all, he tried to remove the illusion or other mental influence
natot chapter 15 . 3/12/2023
don't all sentient beings have a Spiritual energy (one of the two chakras)?

"everyone dies" - Foxes don't.

Kurama is clearly manipulating Naruto. Not that he should object, no matter how someone with a thousand years of experience will manage the situation better than him
natot chapter 14 . 3/12/2023
release the fox and ask him to take you back?
natot chapter 8 . 3/10/2023
acting as you want, and not the right way, you only increase the amount of violence against children.
Pinkypi chapter 1 . 10/27/2022
It is kind of ridiculous my only conclusion is that prodigies like Kakashi were able to use their Chakra in ways other younger children could not to overcome the differences in physique. We don't know that he ever actually took a chunin exam and was likely promoted based on his ability to perform intellectually at the level of a chunin but then was assigned to Minato Namikaze as his student. Where he was effectively under a handler designed to teach him while keeping a valuable asset from self imploding due to his fathers suicide pushing him to work even harder. Which would explain why his promotion to Jonin was later than Shisui age wise despite reaching Chunin far earlier.
Zephonius chapter 31 . 10/15/2022
I read this whole story in like a day and I gotta say despite having about a thousand interesting ideas that could have gone somewhere it’s disappointing that the place it decided to go was nowhere. Threads picked up and dropped like nobody’s business, not to mention the constant talk of “rationality” despite the fact you’re 1 trying to apply this extremely specific and weird brand of logic to a series defined by essentially the power of friendship would be hilarious if it weren’t so pretentious.

I’ll give credit where it’s due, as far as typos and grammatical errors go there’s basically no issues. Like is said above there’s a ton of good ideas and interesting directions this could have gone if it had picked one to go.
Where issues do arise is everywhere else. Pacing is abysmal, the motives and feelings of characters all change on a dime at various points, important events basically just happening and then being swept under the rug, and most of all the constant dick measuring with the source material. This story feels like it was written by someone who quotes Latin at people to feel smart, it feels like powerscaling and cinema sins are the only ways the author views media, and most of all it just feels hollow when you reach the end and realize it was all for nothing.
Don’t get suckered in and read this, I did and I regret it.
As for the author, you clearly have the know how to write but for the love of god get an editor and realize that “logic” and “rationality” are not some measurable all powerful thing and are in fact your own thoughts and biases being projected onto the world.
Diametrik chapter 4 . 9/13/2022
Anko forcing Hinata to do romantic stuff with guys other than her main love interest is not pleasant to read
ruboo001 chapter 7 . 4/13/2022
…Man, for a villain, this Orochimaru is suspiciously Princess Celestia-like. In the sense of being a well-mannered and (in this case seemingly) well-intentioned “troll”, at least. When’s the other shoe gonna drop?
Guest chapter 31 . 12/3/2021
TLDR: The first C-Rank mission is always cursed. I thought Naruto would pull out a legit galaxy 1000 IQ EQ con. He didn't. Orochimaru presses the win button. He wins. Thank ya for the story. :))

I read

Naruto rubbed the back of his head uncomfortably. "Weeeellll," he began. "That thing about not being able to do surgery. That's not...quite true. I can make 'em as solid as a person. They'll pop if they run out of chakra or if they take a fatal wound, but otherwise they stick around. If you were really careful, you could probably cut their head open and check their brain." He made a disgusted face. "But that would be horrible." -Chapter 2

I'm like, neat it's possible to not have clones instantly poof.

I go on to read the dive Naruto took on chapter 8 so I'm on the edge of my seat going 'This mad lad didn't! They freaking didn't! Hahaha!'.

Reading the doc explain Naruto's situation fuels my little theory that I had going.

"Probably the worst part is the chakra exhaustion. I've never seen coils as large as his and they were empty. Orochimaru-sama said that he was given a chakra transfer from three people, yet he's still empty. We've been parading a line of donors through and sucking them dry trying to get him back to the point where his natural chakra regeneration will restart. His coils are...burned, is the best way I can describe it. I've never seen anything quite like it, but it means that even if we do get his chakra regenerating again it's going to be moving very slowly and it will take a long time for him to heal. He'll also probably be in a lot of pain. - Chapter 9

All in all I was disappointed on that front. I was hopeful that Naruto's pranking shtick was coming into play. When he took the dive he placed a injured and low on chakra clone down to tie up resources and attention. Then a series of distractions would follow in rapid succession to allow multiple avenues of escape.

All in all I'm impressed that in the end this legitimately spiraled out in a way I was not expecting. More in a 'lul wat' than a 'you mad genius why didn't I see it before' sort of way. Looking at the bijuu mods and when Orochimaru first comes out to play. To specify it's the sorta thing that one experiences when playing with a railroading GM. Orochimaru showed up and there was (I felt) a loss of agency to the Team Anko. He has god like skills, nothing you do is out of his sight, he knows just what to say to sway you, even bijuu don't think it's worth it to take him on. Instead of facing off against a man or organization it felt like they were fighting against nature. One does all in their power to fight against a storm while at sea only to fail multiple times, come out living but scathed, in the end the metaphorically storm smiles because it's won. All in all while I didn't like the direction the story took I thank ya for taking the time and effort to write out this work out. It is neat :))
Guest chapter 2 . 10/1/2021
Fics like this always remind me that rational and realistic are pretty subjective in literature cause i wouldn't call this story rational.
Gibson1014 chapter 31 . 9/3/2021
The best part of this fic is how different it is from almost anything else I’ve read. The fact that the genin actually though of leaving because of how much of a smooth talker that Orochimaru was is actually impressive and not something Almost anywhere else.

Also I’m sad with that fact that this fic is not continued nor does it have a sequel. But in the end it was a good fic regardless of its outcome :)