Reviews for Team Anko
GBRK chapter 31 . 2/4/2016
Damn good story. It didn't end anywhere like I thought it would, but it's nice seeing a fanfic, you know, end ;) Good luck on any future endeavors!
Cathal Ashenhand chapter 5 . 2/4/2016
I'm literally just stopping in to thank for the word 'insousciant'. How freaking glorious is that? Love new words.

Anyways, pretty good job so far, really enjoying this so far!
Guest chapter 31 . 2/1/2016
no voy a poner mi nombre y si quieres hasta elimina este review porque no te va a gustar parte de el, cuando empezaste este fic me encantaba pero con el tiempo me fui frustrando con tu historia y si le ponías ciertas partes interesantes, pero en cierto momento todo se torno tan obvio de lo que pasaría que la historia se volvió redundante, no salias de el sentimiento de desesperación, angustia, pesimismo, etc. que no avanzabas con la historia. Y si te preguntas ¿Por qué mierda lo continua leyendo si me frustra?, bueno, porque, mierda tenia la esperanza que la que comenzó la historia volviera a aparecer.
me sentí tan decepcionada que ni me tome la molestia de expresarme en otro idioma que no es el mio
Adiós
somnolentSlumber chapter 31 . 2/1/2016
oh my god did you seriously end that entire awesome story with a PUN i hate you haha
rogueofstorms chapter 31 . 2/1/2016
This has been an excellent read, and if you do decide to write a sequel, I'm so down for reading it. Nice to see a new take on Naruto!
Rowie94 chapter 31 . 1/31/2016
I am actually devastated by the concept of this story not being continued. I really thought you were only just getting started here. I really hope and pray that you decide to forge ahead with this story sooner rather than later.
Hubris Plus chapter 31 . 1/31/2016
This was... Disappointing. Not because there were questions left unanswered or loose threads, because you're right about not everything needing to be tied up in a bow. Rather, stopping here gives the entire piece a distinct lack of focus. Focus may not be necessary or even very common in the real world, but it's important in a narrative.

The story started off with Anko, a broken person, being tasked with the training and safety of two fairly broken children and Shino. The immediate concern is Hinata's abuse, with a slightly less demanding need to deal with Naruto's issues, and a background thread of Anko's problems, including her teacher. Shino's there to offer a rational perspective and a momentarilly untraumatized view of the world.

Then the Snake slithers in and the story jackknifes into being about escaping his coils. That's fine, a mission overshadowing longer term plot threads makes sense. But then the Republic and the underground lab get brought in. Sure, a looming threat to keep tension in the larger world instead of just their personal lives.

And then the fox gets involved, and it becomes all about not letting the fox out of the box and the consequences of fairy bargains.

And finally, at the end, we learn that Orochimaru has a battery in his basement (which... Is an answer? I thought that was a peice of the puzzle. Narratively speaking, nuclear reactors are not nearly as interesting as what they power), that you shouldn't let the fox out of the box (but should feel free to consume green eggs and ham in the presence of either), and that both of them were playin their own games for their own ends (I'm not going to go back to check, but I'm positive they both stated this bluntly at some point). And get a throwaway line indicating that Hinata is in seclusion, so she'll be safe from her familly for... Maybe a week?

We don't get to see how Hinata feels about being back in Konoha, or leaving Naruto behind. We don't get to see Naruto's reactions to being effectively trapped in his own mindscape or his friends leaving without him. We don't learn what Shino thinks about abandoning a teammate that he had complicated feelings about. These were the viewpoint characters for most of the story, the ones readers get attached to, and they didn't even make an appearance at the end.

I'm not disappointed that the Republic is still looming, or that the Snake is still plotting. I'm disappointed that these elements overshadowed the characters without meaningfully improving the story. That you traded the problems presented at the start for larger problems and had no intention of resolving any of them. You avoided characters serving the plot so hard that they now serve Exposition, Oldest and Fatherless, dark king of stories long dead, sitting still and without development as the world is explained to them.

This is a strong first act for a larger story. It establishes characters, does world building, and drops plenty of breadcrumbs for future arcs. It's also a frustrating standalone, because now I have all these breadcrumbs and no character payoff. What am I going to use all these breadcrumbs for? Feeding ducks? I hate ducks.

That said, I wouldn't be nearly so disappointed if it weren't a good story with strong potential. Taken individually, any of your scenes are strong, with good writing and stand out characters. The world building, for all my griping, is interesting and well thought out. The villains were classy and had just the right level of keeping you guessing. The main flaw is that, instead of wanting more because it's so good, I want more because what's there feels incomplete.
Mizu25 chapter 31 . 1/30/2016
It wasn't that Shikamaru couldn't run, it wasn't his legs that were damaged, after all, but that kind of sustained exertion was also really strenuous and wouldn't be good for him
good for him.

Well, I confess I didn't expect an end here. Was a good cooldown scene with Anko relating her past few weeks to friends and lovers, struggling with guilt and grief and possibly anger while she did so.

As to writing stories, I've been doing so for a year or two now. Haven't gotten about to finishing any, but I have fun coming up with ideas and writing plots based on them.
Someone or Other chapter 31 . 1/30/2016
So, Orochimaru's vivisection experiments were an effort to determine the exact nature of the chakra-body interaction (as he put it, "biological mechanisms for chakra storage and generation"), and the Fox is not even a little bit friendly. (If he were, then he would run for Konoha, taking advantage of the fact that the rest of Team Anko is no longer there and therefore no longer requires his protection.)

That about sum it up?
Maail99 chapter 31 . 1/30/2016
I know I gave you a bit of shit for where you were taking this, but overall this was fun. Its an interesting take on things and I'm glad I stumbled on a random reddit comment that brought me here.
Reader aka Sun Samurai chapter 31 . 1/29/2016
Sad to see the end of this. The fox is most likely playing for his own side and a little bit of Naruto. Or he just biding his time to make Naruto his bitch. I'm sure he will use Orochimaru at one point. Since the man sounds like he is trying to make his own living chakra producing monster aka bijuu. I liked how you showed Anko have people to let her walls down and not be super woman 24/7. Hope you get the feeling to work on a sequel soon, I will definitely look forward to it. Have to think on that posting my own story request.
Knightmare Neko chapter 31 . 1/29/2016
"One day, people are going to look back at this moment and ask 'What the fuck was wrong with these people.'"
One sentence
You are welcome
Fawds chapter 31 . 1/28/2016
Hi,

I've never written a review before, so it's good place as any to step out of my comfort zone.

Just wanted to say I really enjoyed the story, as well as other things you've written that I've checked out. I appreciate your style, choice of topics and spreading of the rationalist art.

I might not write my own story in the near future, but I'm currently making a role-playing campaign for my friends; the first session will be on sunday. Maybe one day I will write a story in the universe I'm creating there.

This review, which I'm not sure helps you in any way, has more become a rambling and something I write for my own sake.. I'm sorry. Thanks for all your current and future stories _

- Fawds
Abyssal Angel chapter 31 . 1/28/2016
Interesting challenge there at the end. Considering I'm already a writer here on FFnet, I don't have to worry about that.

I look forward to a sequel if you do one. I'd be very curious to see what other new and interesting ideas you introduce with your writing.
Jaganoto chapter 31 . 1/28/2016
Why such a cliffhanger? now I'm really hoping for a sequel. hell, let there be a slight timeskip of a few months for Anko and the team to rehabilitate and then go save Naruto.
821 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »