Reviews for Team Anko
Drenmarta chapter 9 . 5/9/2015
Mizu25 chapter 9 . 5/9/2015
Nice scene between Naruto and Hinata, showing their improving relationship. Was interesting seeing how our favourite orange-wearing ninja was getting patched up again, as was Orochimaru's totally unbothered tactic of draining lots of people of Chakra till death just to stabilize the guy.

I wonder what Shino just found out about the hospital basement?
Flameraven chapter 9 . 5/9/2015
Huh... I wonder if a good chunk of those bodies where quite literally 'drained dry'? If so I don't think Naruto or Hinata would handle that well.

Now I wonder just what Shino just found? Its a lab most likely but...

Look forward to the next chapter.
Publicola chapter 9 . 5/9/2015
Well that was adorable. And intriguing. You've done a remarkable job of balancing character development with your action beats, and this is definitely on my list of favorite WIP fics. Keep up the great work.
Guardian54 chapter 9 . 5/9/2015
I am amazed Hinata didn't realize that all those people being bled dry of chakra and dying are because of HER little temper tantrum making Naruto go nuts when he had to rescue her from the consequences of what SHE started. Those people would have lived if it wasn't for HER.

God I hate people who run away from problems. Save-scumming in games is one thing, actually just running off with no destination in mind to not be in the presence of a problem... ugh.
Callian31 chapter 9 . 5/9/2015
Oh, boy.
usaginekohime chapter 9 . 5/9/2015
Aww! The NaruHina moment was so cute! Good story, it's very interesting. :)
Fumes43 chapter 8 . 5/7/2015
Brilliantly written
BigBuckler712 chapter 8 . 5/7/2015
Woah. This is cool. I have never seen Anko, Orochimaru, or the Nation of Sound portrayed in this way. This makes for a very interesting read. I am curious as to Orochimaru's motivation for being so helpful for this team, and the way that Naruto, Hinata, and Shino interact is fun to read. It could be said that they have all gotten used to each other rather quickly, but the way that this Anko trains them could be used as a valid explanation for that. Overall, I have fully enjoyed this story so far, and I await the next update.
Fhar chapter 8 . 5/7/2015
For a fic with generally rational tones, I feel this chapter dropped the ball somewhat on the characters behaviour.

Poor Shino, in short. He gives a frank assesment, which is completely in his style. This leads to rage from all others, in my mind implied by the story to be justified for some reason. I think that the part that disturbs me most is the end, where this spark was blamed for the destruction of the fire. As if Hinata and Naruto had no responsibility for choosing their own actions, distracting emotions aside.

Eh, mayhap I judge through a biased mindset. Still an interesting series, intrigued to see where it shall lead.
Kairikiani chapter 8 . 5/6/2015
Am I the only one who thinks Shino did the right thing? Orochimaru had already disclosed that Hinata was being abused - Shino was pointing out that he was using this information to manipulate her. Granted, he didn't do it in the most tactful way, but there was no way of bringing up the issue that wasn't going to upset Hinata. And it was safer to get the secret out in the open than to let Orochimaru fuck with Hinata's head uncontested.

Don't get me wrong - I don't blame Hinata or Naruto for being angry. Their reactions are so realistic it hurts. But Shino's just given them a huge gift - validating their experiences. Nobody else in Konoha has been brave enough to give them that. Yeah, his timing sucked, and his tact is awful, but I hope the team eventually realizes what a good friend Shino was being.
cathyscloud9 chapter 8 . 5/6/2015
enjoying the story! Thanks!
Chewie Cookies chapter 8 . 5/5/2015
Dang, that's one hell of an evil cliffhanger!

Keep up the good work!
P-Fess chapter 8 . 5/5/2015
This is a really great story that you've written so far.

I really enjoy how intelligent your characters are. They use logic to deduce information about other characters and events, come up with plans, solve problems with creative thinking, etc. Anko's training methods are well thought out, and show a clear path to give quick but reasonable character development and improvement to the team's abilities and weaknesses. A lot of other stories focus more on the fighting side and tend to ignore planning and thinking for anyone besides Shikamaru, so it's nice to see the characters all using their brains and Anko training them to think even better.

Your Orochimaru seems to be a very interesting character as well. You do a very nice job of showing that he knows and cares greatly about the citizens of his village, but that he is still a remorseless killer. Life in the Sound village seems pretty good and he shows that to Team Anko to attempt to get them to join him willingly. Certainly a much different take on things than most other stories where he is a one-dimensional evil character that just wants to burn Konoha. Other characterizations of Orochimaru certainly wouldn't have him knowing the minute details of a Sound civillian's personal life exactly where they live.

I don't expect Orochimaru to start a war over the two Shinobi's deaths since he killed one of his own ninja right afterwards, but I wouldn't put it past him to use it to pressure/blackmail Team Anko to join up with him. Hopefully once the mess settles down, Hinata will be able to see that her team cares about her and build some self-confidence/better self-image. She managed to take down a Sound ninja by herself after all.
Reader aka Sun Samurai chapter 8 . 5/5/2015
I don't buy Naruto being hurt from that fall. These are people trained since they were kids to climb trees that are much higher than three stories. I'm sure they also taught them to how to take a fall and also have the durability to survive one. Wonder a genjustu was cast on everyone? Orochimaru is at least upfront about being no saint. At least he have the sense of trying to come off as caring to Anko or Naruto. Since they know bs when they see it. He probably have all those civilians to be his precious test subjects if they can't contribute anything worthwhile for the village. Orochimaru gave Shino battle ideas and the added tools of new bugs that are hard to see bed bugs. Especially combined with his grappling style. Though Shino has the sensitivity skills of a brick, he didn't fully cause the situation they are in now. Hinata has the right to be angry, but running around like you are not in enemy territory was just stupid. You put yourself and Naruto in danger since he won't leave his teammate alone in enemy territory. That part with Naruto "tree walking" the guy head was creative and first time reading that in a Naruto story. Anko is going need to talk to everyone after this and show all of them their screw ups in these events.
821 | « Prev Page 1 .. 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 .. Last Next »