Reviews for Team Anko
dwibby chapter 1 . 3/3/2015
Off to a good start. Characters feel relatively original flavor, nice mix for the team. Good calls on the chakra mechanics, especially with Naruto's personality coming through on the spirtual energy of his chakra. Aburame clan running a prediction market makes a lot of sense, and Anko picking out traits based on their hobbies is a nice touch. Looking forward to your take on the Naruto-verse. Since you did include a bit of the spiritual/yin energy, are you planning on doing anything with how the Will of Fire, Curse of Hatred, Will of Stone and various other Ninshu and Nindo play in to chakra?
Callian31 chapter 1 . 3/3/2015
Pretty interesting. A team consisting of some of my favorite Naruto characters.
Reader aka Sun Samurai chapter 1 . 3/3/2015
I like how you showed the personalities and thoughts of everyone in this chapter. Nicely done with the race in the Academy, and how all of them was competitive so they wouldn't be punish. The way you have them very observant is so much better than the manga were they don't see it till that last moment. Looking forward to Anko making her "rodents" embarrass in many situations or try to at least.
Flameraven chapter 1 . 3/3/2015
This is interesting. I've seen things like this before, of course, but this was well done in everyone's 'voice'.

Shino using Naruto as a Battery for both himself and Hinata is going to let those two go longer and harder then normal but I wonder if it will hurt in the long run? Oddly its going to help Naruto's own reserves get even bigger faster and that is almost terrifying.

Seeing more of this will be fun to read as well as how Hinata's and Shino's clans take being placed with not only Anko but Naruto as well. Just one or the other would be one thing, but both at the same time could make some of the more 'radical' members rather uppity.
Mizu25 chapter 1 . 3/3/2015
This is quite interesting. You've captured the characters personalities well, and made me impressed with how you seem to have covered Tree Walking. The bit on using chakra to support your back is a new one, I think.

Wonder how canon shall be changed by this butterfly of a different Team for Naruto - if indeed we're going to stick to the canon plot. Could be this'll just be a bunch of training snippets with Anko.
hologramSummer chapter 1 . 3/3/2015
Pretty interesting, looking forward to see how it turns out. I want to see exactly how rationality has changed the shape of the Naruto world, and how it will change the growth of our characters. At the moment it seems downplayed. Well, you kind of just put a discussion in prediction markets in the first chapter, but compared to stuff like HPMOPR it's downplayed, which is a nice change of pace.

I have a few complaints, however. The Hokage getting a nosebleed because of Anko, and the grease trap in the Academy, neither of these work as jokes. The Hokage getting a nosebleed is too sudden, and doesn't fit the scene. Are we supposed to think of the Hokage as a pervert and laugh at him, in this scene where he explains the politics of Anko's situation and how this team assignment puts her in a more useful position for him? It's bizarre and falls flat. The grease trap isn't funny. It's invented for this one joke, and my first thought is why the academy kids eat deep fried food. The joke seems to be "This is a gross and unpleasant chore", which isn't funny to me at all, so maybe I don't have the right to say, but it's a weak joke and you spent way more time then you should have setting it up. Even if I steel man it and assume that the grease trap is a key plot point, the set-up is still weird due to being too long.

Still, this is promising and I'm keen to see the next chapters.
Ryuujin96 chapter 1 . 3/3/2015
It's an excellent start. Though it has a feeling to it that Naruto is going to remain very similar to his canon self in personality, fighting style and skill set for the most part. Most readers like seeing Naruto kept canon as they feel Naruto is not Naruto otherwise. I am not one of those readers, I like to see the changes have an affect on Naruto. So I would like to ask how close to canon will Naruto be.
I'm really hoping that you give Naruto, Hinata and Shino time to increase their skills so that the battle aren't predictable.
Finally, I hope that this is a Naruto/Hinata romance story.
ayleid chapter 1 . 3/3/2015
Gods above and Cthulhu sideways.
I can see that shaping into something legendary. Byakugan, unlimited chakra Kage Bunshin, and chakra-transfering insects ? "Team 8" was always a winning combination, but in the hands of the Jarl I suddenly realize just how much potential for munchkining there is.
Plus we get to see Anko corrupting them. Who wants to bet that Hinata and Naruto are a serious item by the end of the Chunin exams ?
Writing style is as always crisp and to the point, with enough exposition to make everything clear without quite overwhelming the reader. The potential for character development is shown, noone acts OOC.
Looking forward to read more of that !
Guest chapter 1 . 3/3/2015
great update soon
Ahem. First chapter 1 . 3/3/2015
Solid start, though the cold open (while stylish) will leave neophytes of the series at a near complete loss. Might want to work in some brief descriptors to help them figure out which pieces go on the outside of the puzzle.

I also suggest committing to a regular update schedule soon, or communicating your intent to develop one in a note. I'm interested to see how this compares with "Lighting Up the Dark"; good luck, and fox speed to your Falco.
Someone or Other chapter 1 . 3/3/2015
Looking forward to reading this new story. Thanks!
821 | « Prev Page 1 .. 45 52 53 54 55