Reviews for r Animorphs: The Reckoning
Lana del Fae chapter 33 . 3/10
I love the little details about the Shredder’s feel, and Marco’s voice in general is so, so good. Damn, what a cool scene with the shredder! Nothing like an incandescent purple ray to prove that you’re writing a Science Fantasy.

Man, the only thing sadder than Cassie losing her parents is her thinking that her parents are dead, her dying, and then her parents realizing that their child is dead. This is so sad. Well, it looks like the Animorphs are displaying the compassion that so endeared them to David in canon. Are we gonna learn more about this Andalite stasis technology? How did they speed up the starvation? Jeez, poor David. Even if the Anis are starving his Yeerk, they’re essentially putting an innocent child’s face – the face of an enslaved and abused child – on global broadcast without his permission. I have no idea how you managed to make this series even sadder and more horrible than canon.

Stay classy, Australia. EWWW A SIX-INCH YEERK? WTF? I THOUGHT THEY WERE LIKE THUMB-SIZED! (Also, if this is the size of a human-Controller, how big is Esplin? The size of a Chihuahua?) I really hope we get a certified Duncan Technobabble explanation of how infestation works! SMEARED WITH BLOOD? GROSS! This is a supremely grotesque description of a Yeerk: the comparison to melted cheese is nauseating. Good job, reminiscent of Stephen King at his grossest. However, this also makes it look pretty unlikely – given the blood, brain-juice, and generally traumatic nature of a fugue – that any host who survives a Yeerk’s starvation will be OK.

Oh, man, Marco. Going through your dad’s head. That must have been excruciatingly painful, both good parts and bad. I like how the kids’ sense of boundaries is slowly being eroded by how easy (and required, even) it is to check people’s minds through morphing. The surviving Animorphs are going to have even a harder time having meaningful relationships than in canon…and Cassie, the only one who was OK after the war, is dead. If you’re reading your dad’s memories at 13, what do you do at 23? This is so sad in a background-level, unrealized-loss-of-innocence kind of way. Tragic.

David’s reactions are so unsettling, and so pitch-perfect. The ending is incredibly creepy and unsettling. Who is pulling the strings behind David? What is he, that he can essentially overtake the person who can read his mind?
Daziy chapter 33 . 3/7
Hey Daziy here, again. I just remembered another thing, why did you change Eva's name? Was it deliberate or did you just forget it?
Daziy is SoniQ chapter 33 . 3/7
...are you implying that David is able to influence Marco while Marco morphed him? What the heck? How? If I understand correctly David is a sociopath, but what made him able to change Marco's opinion?

The livestream idea was brilliant by the way, and I love how you included some of the world's governments reacting to the revelation of aliens. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Daziy is SoniQ chapter 31 . 3/7
I'm gonna read the next chapter directly so just two questions: why did Rachel refer to learning about her enemy when she morphed Tom? Please tell me Tom won't be betraying them or anything. And when Tobias said he tried to talk Erek into giving him the cube yesterday, wasn't Erek with the other Animorphs and not with Tobias? Did he meant Rictic, or was another Chee simply identify itself as Erek?
Ephemeral-Nightboy chapter 33 . 3/2
Did... did someone just edit the simulation?

Esplin was right. 0.0

Also, apparently David is important to whatever reason for which these events are being simulated in the first place. That's ominous.
Ahhhh,. Crayak makes his move!

Been reading a lot of rationalist fanfic in the last year. Yours is up there with the best of them. I only just caught up, but already I can't wait for the next chapter.

If you're doing what I think you're doing, and the Chee's prophecy of peace - even with the eternally selfish maniacal minds of Visser Three and David in the mix, and two all-powerful gods - comes true, in an entirely rational (and no doubt completely epic) way, then you are reaching for a far more ambitious Grail than anyone has managed yet. Even HPMOR ended with a mass-murder-cheap-mechanic-ex-machina, so I'm excited to see how you pull it off. (Or I could be wrong, and the Chee thing was an Elemist/Crayak hack. Either way!). I'm also impressed by the sheer scale of what's happening now - worldwide human resistance! (Totally getting into Worm and HPMOR Significant Digits territory). AND you're juggling fates /prophecies in the meantime (how will Rachel change everything? hmmmm). AND you're writing every character in totally-K.A.-Applegate-loyal style that leaves them both flawed and human as well as rational, different and damn interesting.

Bra. Vo.
turntekGodhead chapter 33 . 3/1
"fleeting disorientation" ohhh nooooooo
really great chapter! C:
one question: who is Marco talking to via thought-speech as he flies away from the house they did the recording in? I'm guessing Rachel but not 100% sure.
CPT Early chapter 33 . 2/28
I was really confused by the end of this chapter. Was Marco lying, or is the reader supposed to infer that Jake's mind really is similar to the description of David's mind? Or is this a cliffhanger and we aren't supposed to know?
The Grimwar chapter 23 . 2/28
Wait, there is technology that around that can regrow limbs using stem cells, WE ALREADY HAVE THIS RIGHT NOW, I think the Chee should have used this to regrow Tobias' hand?
jyudel chapter 33 . 2/28
I don't see why they wouldn't also mention that the destroyed pool had been heading towards symbiosis. Not only would it give humans hope for actual coexistence, but it might also, through any watching Controllers, bring back even the vision of symbiosis to some of the pools.
That said, amazing chapter (as usual)!
You want review? I give review. You make good story, make more! Thanks.

Really though, the closest thing I have to an objection is that these kids are all too damn smart, but that's kinda the premise, isn't it?

They all have very distinct personalities, concerns and voices, however. You kept them very true to their canon counterparts, but you changed them in all the right ways.

Not an animorphs fan, generally speaking, but I am a fan of this story. Marco is my favorite :)
TrueHitoare chapter 33 . 2/27
I loved that line about Australia. XP

Also: What. WHAT.
Apparently David's last name is secretly actually Monroe?
DaystarEld chapter 33 . 2/27
Fantastic chapter. All I could have wanted in an Animorphs-coming-out broadcast, down to the unexpected name-drop at the end.

Also, love r!David's appearance in the story. Can't wait to see how it goes, worried as I am for our intrepid heroes.
marcussampson chapter 33 . 2/27
Another fantastically intense chapter, can't wait to see how the world responds to that little message. David... clearly a psychopath, and somehow his facsimile can back-hack the morpher's brain. That is more terrifying even than Esplin and Crayak.
this keeps getting better and better never stop until it is finished and maybe not even then ok

I was a bit confused about what happened outside the factory though