Reviews for r Animorphs: The Reckoning
RWannabe chapter 45 . 6/2
Thank you for this chapter. I feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of ordeal left for the characters to deal with. And I'm just the reader.
QuantumHax0r chapter 45 . 5/29
Glad to see the update!
Clever way to continue the story from the rather grim point where the last chapter had left off
h4rt chapter 45 . 5/21
YES FINALLY YES I NEED MORE GIVE IT TO ME
*ahem*
This is the greatest fanfic ever written or conceived.
Please, keep writing.
Your work is appreciated.
I'm quite glad to see this fic back. Keep it up for the nerds who love it.
Ben chapter 45 . 5/20
Holy shit, short fan fiction or fan fiction that still stays close to canon in some way might be in one category, but I am amazed at what you've done so far and look forward to where you are going! Don't beat yourself up or feel like you have to work for free for strangers, but I *will* enjoy immensely anything you choose to post. Even if (especially if) you think it's "not good enough" or something. Best wishes buddy!
bchinchen chapter 45 . 5/21
Brilliant. I can feel the desperation and hopelessness and yet there's this tiny little crack letting in a small but significant beam of hope. Thanks for the update and brilliant story. I don't know how it could return to triumph from here, or whether it will, but I have faith that whatever you take it the journey will be fascinating. Until next chapter...
HexasMancer chapter 45 . 5/20
that went dark! But at the same time, I was expecting it. Not that I was expectng all of this. Labyrinths within labyrinths. Thanks for coming back. Look forward to more when it comes. Top marks.
DaystarEld chapter 45 . 5/20
Fantastic chapter, as always. The "dream sequence" from the beginning, combined with the Ellimist popping in to say hey earlier in the story, makes me anticipate Crayak's eventual inclusion, as if V3 wasn't badass and awesomely crafted enough of a villain (which he totally is).

What would this version of V3 do if he found out that he's a chess piece on the board of a mad god? He wondered how he might appease gods on either side of the board before, but if Crayak's character is the same in this as it was in canon, their end goals are rather at odds.
Flower248 chapter 45 . 5/20
I'm glad your back! Is sort of figured the last few chapters were there beginning of the end. I look forward to seeing what comes next.
Perfect Carnage chapter 45 . 5/20
We're at square -2, I don't see a reasonable way for them to wrangle their way out of this that doesn't have them finding the Iskoort first.
Anonymous chapter 45 . 5/19
I began to unhealthily obsess over this fanfic. Unfortunately, you weren't in a place to update it at the time. I checked your reddit most days and was always saddened to see that your other interests were occupying your time. I love this story. You're a great writer and I'm excited to see where this goes. Thank you for all the hours you've put into this, it has gotten me through some tough times recently. Not as tough as what the protagonists are currently going through but tough all the same. I hope you aren't too stressed or taking your update rate out on yourself - I wasn't blaming you before when I noted my feelings. Your mental health as an Actual Human Being is more important than the creative writing you produce
DigiEmissary chapter 45 . 5/19
I am definitely glad this story is back!
Ember Rising chapter 18 . 5/19
This is one of the most horrifying, memorable, sorrowful, and disgusting chapter I’ve ever read in fanfiction. Thank you for writing this. Aftran is understandable, from this chapter, to some extent, and yet I despise—I feel sick, disgusted with—it all the same; this is an enemy.
Ember Rising chapter 45 . 5/19
Wow. That’s a rough time-jump.

This is one of the best fanfictions, up there with Myst Shadow’s Forging the Sword.

But I’m worried that it’s bordering on being too grim. There’s been so few victories lately and so little joy. It’s interesting and intriguing, but dark and despairing to the point of hopelessness. The re-spawning of our main characters doesn’t make anything feel close to a victory. Plus, the reset of a lot of their character development is tragic (not to mention alien in an unrelatable sense).

It’s hard to say exactly what else makes it so grim, considering this is a rational story where teenagers have no chance against frighteningly intelligent monsters. But all the same, it’s horribly sad to see all their rebellion efforts (spreading the morph abilities) and setups (building trust with Tyagi, Thán’s potential inventions) go to waste. There has to be a spark of some hope somewhere. That’s the problem with a serialized format like fanfiction: every chapter is its own mini-story as the reader waits for the next.

Hopefully this is the darkest before the dawn.

Either way, though, I’ll keep reading. If only because the first half of this story was so fantastically fun and nostalgic for reviving memories of a childhood series. Thank you, WhatWouldEnderDo, for sharing your art!
It's back!