Reviews for r Animorphs: The Reckoning
I was a bit worried the conversation with Cassie would drag on for very long in the same fashion (taking up most of the chapter), though I like how it turned out, rather succinctly (in my early impression at least) summarizing the "off screen" doubts in his judgments Jake had "off screen" prior to this, I suppose.

These are my first impressions though and I have not thought too much into it.
Daziy is SoniQ chapter 42 . 11/18
I love that the Chee is finally actively 'helping' with their tech. Though of course the moment everything seemed like it's going great for the Animorphs you put a completely logical yet still unexpected twist. Brilliantly done.

There's just something I don't understand in this chapter. How did Jake see through Ax's eyes? I almost guessed that Kodep beamed it somehow into Jake's brain, but wouldn't it be easier to just beam something the robot itself sees? So what happened?
robot-dreams chapter 42 . 11/17
Thanks for taking the time out of your insane schedule to work on this!

You know, it never quite struck me until this amazing chapter. These are just kids; they should be playing arcade games at the mall and gossiping about their crushes. Not... dealing with this overwhelming shitshow of exhaustion, strategic uncertainty, moral ambiguity, etc. etc. that this chapter so beautifully portrays.

At least they have a clear goal now, though I hope Jake isn't making the same mistake as Cassie (latching onto something actionable to avoid thinking about what the next step *really* needs to be).
Jernik chapter 42 . 11/17
So now there are 2 copies of the president. This new version of the president still has the ability to morph, right?
Seed chapter 42 . 11/17
(sorry if double-post, but my previous review doesn't seem to show 6h after I posted it)

Hm, I too wonder what happened to the contingency plans.

This story is amazing, by the way. It makes me feel stuff, and makes me want to know what happens next, and makes me want to /think/ better. And spread the thinking around.

Thank you for your work !
Vampyromaniac chapter 42 . 11/17
Thank you so much for the long-awaited update!
I've been refreshing daily between chapters and it's about time!
Excellent writing as always.
Please keep up the good work - I'd love to see another update before the end of the year.
You'd make better use of a Time Turner than Hermione did, no doubt.
Seed chapter 42 . 11/17
Hm, I too wonder what happened to the contingency plans.

So I'd call it both a good story and a good parable. (not sure that parable is the correct term - I'm not a native speaker - I mean a didactic story).

tapioca two-step chapter 1 . 11/17
I am amazed at this first chapter, and so excited to read the rest of this story. As much as I love the original series, I wish it had been written like this. You establish everyone's personality so well when Jake "predicts" what everyone will say. I also loved the idea of the group acquiring Andalite DNA right away-that makes the whole "Andalite bandit" idea that Visser 3 believes a lot more believable.

Thank you for writing this. I can't wait to catch up to the current chapter and see where you're taking this wonderful story.
This is the absolute best fanfic I've ever read. I've read it at least 4 times start to finish and I literally check twice a day to see if its been updated. You've mastered these characters and this story better than anybody includin KAA. I look forward to seeing how you have this all play out. Please keep up the amazing work, don't let this epic die out midway like so many other great fics have. You're the best the is and this story has gotten me through some very hard times. Thank you for that
blushedaround chapter 41 . 9/17
Wow, you've been at this for two years! I binge-read Beloved in under two days; this has taken all my spare time for three days.

I'm enjoying the dramatically less preachy tone than that found in (some of the parts of) HPMOR.

I'm enjoying the depth of Rachel's character, and appreciate that Marco-worship was averted.

Obviously, I look greatly forward to further chapters!

The admiration for uniformed workers, especially cops, feels misplaced in this day and age. Construction workers have significantly more dangerous jobs and many cops aren't here to serve or protect.

I greatly enjoy Visser 3 being both a massively ambitious and prideful evil, while also having the long-term vision to not be a cartoon villain. Reading his chapter is always delightful.

The Reddit threads are a nice touch. A bit of Twitter might also be appropriate for breaking news events!

Ax and his team are developing into an exceedingly interesting character. A gestalt organism, like in "Baby is Three"? A self contained commune, or intentional-community?

Some beautiful sentences about inevitable coalescing when you fully understand another being! Also Garrett's sentiment that when you love someone, you must add whatever they care about to your own cares. Fantastic.
Flynn chapter 41 . 9/7
I just finished reading up to this point. This is a phenomenal story! Nothing else has filled the void since HPMOR quite like this has. Thank you thank you thank you
Zeke Jones chapter 1 . 9/7
So, if they stay longer than the allotted time in the body of elfangor...what happens?
I think I know where the escafil device is. Or at least I have decided where I would look first.
This chapter made me panic, at first, but I reread the whole story and I think I get it now.
this is incredible, just read through the whole thing. thank you for all the effort you put into the story