Reviews for Something Beautiful Remains
Mechcat chapter 21 . 9/9
Beautiful, as always. It took me a while to be ready to read this- as suspected, I ended up rereading from the beginning.

I can't explain how it helps to see that there are others who understand. We may all be in somewhat different places, but just knowing that there are people who know your pain makes it better, a little.

Esme may have lost some of her memories, but it seems like she still knows. Even if some scars are erased, the visceral memory of the pain that caused them still remains.

It is true, people are funny about things. And say the oddest things, sometimes. Last year, we flew down for my uncle's funeral. He had lived a long, good life, and is much much beloved both by family, and in the community.

Some of my relatives told me they had worried that my uncle's funeral "would bring things back" for me. 'Things' in this case being my son's death and funeral. I refrained from laughing in their faces at this. Their concern was genuine and well-meant. I may have quoted your explaination that "death walks everyday with that mother". That is one of the best ways of explaining it, to those who do not know.

This story has meant a lot to me. And however long it may take, I'll be happy to read more when you post. There have been those hard days and weeks when your words have truly helped. Thank you.
SuperAsh chapter 21 . 8/29
Thank you for sharing this story with us! It's truly beautiful and I hope that Bella and Edward will get to enjoy happiness and hope together!
livelovelaugh91 chapter 8 . 8/29
Alice is creepy, but I like it!
livelovelaugh91 chapter 6 . 8/28
Edward should have come up with a better
livelovelaugh91 chapter 4 . 8/27
Well, the wolf is certainly out of the bag now. Lol
livelovelaugh91 chapter 1 . 8/26
Poor bella. The grief in this story is palpable.
Djejdjdjendkd chapter 20 . 8/24
Your words are so beautiful. They put voice to years of pain and loss I have had to endure. It is like you see into my soul. You are truly an artist with a computer and an alphabet. I have never cried or felt so much when reading a story. I will never get to have a child because of illness. It feels as though I've lost a child. No one understands that and several people have teased me. I can't bear to be around them anymore. Not getting to be a mother makes me feel as though I have no purpose. People asking questions just drive that stake in a little bit further. I wish I had a love or family like the Cullens. It is ashame humans can't feel a love like that.
sfspeedy chapter 21 . 8/19
This story is like no other. Heartbreaking and beautiful. You a wonderfully gifted writer. Thank you for this update. Hope you are well.

Glinda
xoHunnyxBunnyxo chapter 21 . 8/18
Man i don't even remember how I found this story, just that I did and it's beautiful. Thank you
kathrinmucki chapter 21 . 8/17
LAB1 chapter 21 . 8/16
Wow! This story is intense and almost too real. Beautifully written and realistic in the grieving and healing process! Too many memories have been triggered of my own grief over a loss of a beloved parent and NICU experience. I don't think anything can prepare you for that out of body experience of watching your newborn code in the OR and being resuscitated. The image of a nurse, with your too small newborn under her arm like a football, as she rushes the baby down the hall to be hooked up to life saving equipment. The breathing machines, feeding tubes and monitoring wires strung over a tiny body that is impossibly small and fragile. I was lucky that I got to bring my twins home eventually and they are healthy and bright 3 yr olds now. I remember making tons of tiny hats when I couldn't walk and was in a wheelchair prior to my twins birth. I brought a big bag full on my first day after being released. My tiny baby was way too small for the hat that was so small that I couldn't imagine a baby wearing it when I made it. I hope that those tiny hats are keepsakes for parents that I'll never meet. Are they a reminder of how far that baby has come, or a remembrance of a short life though will always be a mystery.
Luvntwilight chapter 21 . 8/15
I love this story
Hadley Hemingway chapter 12 . 8/11
What crushing revelations to Bella... and perhaps not all has been said? Of course, unless there's more, she could take care of a baby - people with missing or non-functional limbs can be fully capable parents. I worked with this population - those who had prostheses and those who didn't, so I hope that belief of Bella's gets dispelled.
Once again, you've done a beautiful job of bringing to life the full range of emotions of each of these characters. I will be interested to see how Bella deals with her anger and resentment toward the Cullens.
twiclare chapter 21 . 8/11
I understand and respect Zelda's healthy reserve regarding the wolves given what she's witnessed! Poor Bella still feels the sting of the tribe's turning their back on her at such a desperate time.
I was delighted to see this update; I hope all is well with you.
LRK860 chapter 21 . 8/10
This was a very interesting chapter. I really expected Zelda to be all lovey-dovey with Jake. I'm pleasantly surprised that I was wrong. I think it's healthy and sane to repel against a relationship with a wolf that could kill you (unintentionally or not) if you stood too close when they got angry about something. They were written in the original series as volatile. Your twists and turns in this story are keeping me guessing. I like. In the end though, if Zelda moves to the reservation for safety, I'm thinking she'll become aware that she's much more than a victim. I hope for a happy conclusion, her child and Mother will be there among the wolves too after all. She shouldn't always be afraid of the what-if's.
1,614 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »