|Reviews for The STG Report : Benezia Incident|
| wanderer097 chapter 1 . 3/26/2019
Muvai is an interesting character. Hey if you ever get done with your main story can we see some slice of life stuff for her. Maybe her childhood cute stuff with Mordin or friendships/wahtever salarians have/ mutual respect between dalatrass. OR maybe her thoughts on her children. Also the Element, Remembrance and the turban separatists I am noticing there is not much I can find on those groups. Is it possible for you to make some kind of Cerberus Files on these maybe criminal Groups?.
Great read I am hoping you have plans to finish this particular report.
| AnthonyR89 chapter 1 . 10/18/2017
so, this suddenly raised a question in my mind, what about the Lystheni offshoot in your universe?
| Skadarken chapter 3 . 10/5/2016
Love this STG report. So, when can I see the next update?
| Michael1110 chapter 3 . 4/12/2015
So interesting to read how the STG views this, what they know and suggested to be done.
1. she is developing into an excellent Spectre and STG should make every effort to cultivate her interest (perhaps sponsorship/partnership with AIS? Risky but doable, also fun).
haha : D
2. "AIS elements lock down comms information from the colony, but only after a fifty-eight hour window (sloppy as usual)."
AIS vs STG : D
3. "They evacuated one nearby arcology tower on pretext of 'security' and three more on grounds of emergency drills, and altered comms with the 410 heavy armor unit to prevent it from reaching the site of the attack."
4. "[Agents have been brain-wiped and converted to Shieldbreaker assets for this failure.]"
5. "This incinerated the majority of the on site security bots (including over two hundred JOTUN mechs) and armored vehicles and aircraft, as well as most remaining heavy anti-armor weapons."
Even where he landed was very purposfully...
6. "again suggesting that pressuring humans into feeling they have no way out but to die will end up badly for opposing forces."
7. "Mirogi Incident (see subfile 4493-A-Tahso)"
hmm, wonder what happened there
8. "at which time they are usually paired with a Commissar to act as a political minder, bodyguard, adviser and in some cases, lover. Curious."
hehe ; D
9. "but it's highly probably Ahern will widen her combat ability"
Count on it ; D
10. "If you must, send one of the older, crazier Solus types – they should get on well assuming you wish contact to be made."
: D : D
11. Nice to know how "exactly" the Normandy evades detection : )
12. "unlike most Alliance ships, which are almost impossible to kill outright."
Good : D
13. "This raises troubling questions of just how advanced the technology given to the geth was, and if they are capable of developing it further."
yep : S
14. "Disturbingly, the charge is precisely calculated at the voltages that disrupt human nervous system operations."
That makes sense : ) Hated that charge ; P
15. "rated to withstand direct hits from dreadnought main guns"
| Guest chapter 3 . 3/23/2015
An interesting analysis.
Directly above "Geth Warforms", you probably meant something like "unlike most Alliance warships, which are almost impossible to mission kill prior to destroying them outright".
| metaladdict chapter 3 . 3/23/2015
Nicely done summary and it explains a couple of things as to how the citadel didn't act more.
| Wandering the Arid Sea chapter 3 . 3/22/2015
| NPC200 chapter 3 . 3/22/2015
Don't have time to give this a full read through but there's something wrong with the last sentence. I think you need to remove or add a parenthesizes.
| Nogui chapter 3 . 3/22/2015
"send one of the older, crazier Solus types" dat Mordin foreshadowing doe
| RED78910 chapter 3 . 3/22/2015
What is most interesting about this fic for me is the way STG is attempting to analyze Sara, get a feel for just who she is, assess her potential threat level, and getting it completely wrong. I remember the other STG work you did on Sara. Now that one has some justice due to her character.
Never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be in not recognizing what is directly in front of their faces until it's too late.
Not really much else to say other than nice work. It's always cool to get background information on events we know so well already. Keep it up!
| Michael1110 chapter 2 . 3/17/2015
And done for now : )
1. We rate the reliability of these at 96%.
News being reliable... : P
2. "We desperately need more long term analysis personnel to trawl older observational files and look for correlations."
3. "'Arca Device' and 'Arca Engine'"
Oh the connections. Shadow Broker, Tetrimus, Arterius , Eva Core, TIM, Salarian mental breakdown, possibly a even older race, ...
4. "as well as other turians converted to husk-like form, communicating in high turian temple language"
Which also connects to someting...
5. More of Saren's blody history.
6. The Batarian's discovery ; D
7. "The reasons for this are still unknown, but Benezia is summoned to the Council of Matriarchs and departs crying."
8. "Shortly thereafter, Saren suddenly changes his entire personality. "
9. "This was Black-Flagged twice with no response from higher ups."
10. "agent has been disciplined"
11. Its interesting to see the Salarians putting things together : )
| Michael1110 chapter 1 . 3/17/2015
1. "Eleven operatives (three naturals, eight augmented flash-clones) were destroyed or compromised in the investigation"
2. "I am hardly privy to the directions of force the STG allocates to monitoring outstanding problems, but I find it difficult to believe we did not have any warning of the events to come prior to the Incident erupting at Brendan-IV and a week later at Eden Prime."
3. "With Saren's vast ability to penetrate secure areas and his Spectre access, combined with Benezia's wealth and army of Triune infiltrating, we would have been utterly destroyed before combat could have even started."
Do I see jealousy? : D
4. "yet we are not capable of realizing when a threat greater than anything before is in our face until quarians find the evidence?"
5. "Buried a mile beneath an iron-nickel mountain, under a heavy plate of plasma-compressed composites and no less than sixteen dreadnought-class kinetic barriers,"
Overkill is Overkill : P
6. "and I am older by far than any of you."
7. "Get to the point. Not all of us enjoy endless words."
8. "That is your job – if you are incapable of doing so, then you can and will be replaced."
9. "For a human, that one is nasty – wheels within wheels within wheels."
and the wheels just keep spinning...
10. "They appear to be partially biological in origin. "
Hmm... reminds me of the Batarian report...
11. "I'd also like my brother Mordin to look this mess over"
hmm : )
12. Its interesting to note how "quickly" they came to a resolution of what to do. I wonder how that refocus will shape things : )
| Wandering the Arid Sea chapter 1 . 3/13/2015
Awesomesauce as always
| Seven Seven chapter 2 . 3/7/2015
Very good, your continual expansion and deepening of the Premiseverse continues to impress (it really is a shame Bioware created the Mass Effect universe and not you). It was nice to get some illumination on just when Benizia found the time to be the ambassador to humanity which was a bit unclear.
Now I'm also really curious on just what the Daywind (maybe it's just a different name for the Nightwind). Also in regards to the last chapter I really hope that having their entire race nearly wiped out will finally set the Thirty straight so to speak (those that are left that is, Trellani might get her wish fulfilled after all, or atleast mostly since we know Liara will be matria).
| RED78910 chapter 2 . 3/7/2015
This is all a very interesting, and well put together document. I am amazed you have found the time and energy to put this together. Because as you said, we have so little information about just what happened before the events of ME1.
It does make a lot of sense that the STG would miss these events, as they take place over the course of over half a salarian life span. A lot of these events only make sense when you put them all together, and it would probably take a conspiracy nut nobody would believe to do that. Very nice.
You know, and I know you are absolutely swamped with all these separate projects (just how do you keep up with all these?), I really wouldn't mind seeing a prequel that shows Saren's and Benezia's slow descent into being little more than tools for Nazara and the other Reapers. When you have the time. Decades from now. If you're still interested.