Reviews for Basic Training
IloveHeat chapter 1 . 6/27/2018
Beautiful
Guest chapter 1 . 6/11/2018
Hello !
Where do I start!this not only sad but totally true and insightful! I feel like most of us forget that some people can be different and genius but we try to apply our own limits and regulation on them where they need another set of set of that to manage there life I mean(our social and cultural guideline if I must say so ) ! I guess this would really stick with me for life thank you very much I’ll try as much as possible to be like a John not a Sally
Sedgester chapter 1 . 3/13/2018
Wow
joycelyn.o.ting chapter 1 . 3/10/2018
I'm crying :'(((( Your title is very misleading, I was not expecting this deep sorrow and horrible truth. It cuts so deeply, it literally pains my heart to see Sherlock empathise with the boy because he knows and he understands and that's awful. What a terrible pain to remember, for anyone. But thank you regardless for such a painfully beautiful story :')
Guest chapter 1 . 2/24/2018
Thank you! Oh, wow, this was so tragic and beautiful! I am SO happy someone wrote a fic about how disgusting ‘that word’ is and what the consequences are and will be. I’m so close to crying right now. Sally totally deserves that for the way she treats our Sherlock!
outlaw author chapter 1 . 1/7/2018
One of the best pieces of Sherlock fanfiction that I've ever read. Fantastic.
Suealpacamama chapter 1 . 12/17/2017
Excellent! Well done!
Arianna Silvia chapter 1 . 8/22/2017
This is wonderful. I like the paralels between the boys history and Sherlocks and how you decided to point them out. The reactions of Sally and the others were quite well writen.
Reading this had been a pleasure.
Gryffindor01 chapter 1 . 8/15/2017
This was so sad! I almost cried, it was so well written, I don't Think I can give it enough credit.
Kotori-Sensei chapter 1 . 5/8/2017
Brilliant. Very, very sad, and eye opening at the same time.
the owl's tune chapter 1 . 3/20/2017
Wow. I don't know what I was expecting from this story, but certainly nothing this brilliant. Everything's expertly done-from the pacing to the dialogue, from the descriptions to the characters-just-wow. I think the characters might be more three-dimensional in this than in the actual show. I love this portrayal of Sally.

On top of all that, the control of information (when we're let in on certain things) and the attention to which characters notice different details are brilliant. Not only THAT, but the case itself is really smart.

I'm saying it's brilliant. And smart. Brilliant and smart.

Excellent job. :)
alphawolf96 chapter 1 . 2/11/2017
this is so true, kids gifted like that are almost never understood by other kids and this a common result of this misunderstanding.
Gracie Ghost chapter 1 . 8/3/2016
Geez, that was powerful!
Gyreflight chapter 1 . 6/25/2016
Ouch. That was a blade so sharp that the pain won't hit until the victim sees the damage it's done.

Now that is a story that's going to stick with me.

It all played out so cleanly that I could have been watching an episode, the images so clear, the dialogue dead on, the characterisations entirely believable, all the details there from the beginning, but simply not observed by those who see them.

A lot of the skill of successful writing is in hiding the fact that the writing (and the skill) is there at all, and now I come to review this I'm finding that this is definitely true here – I remember the story, the images, the emotion...but not so much the means you used to get them into my head.

Hmm. What specifics can I pick out of my memory...A few things then: the brief lightness of the idea of an /Accio/ summoning Sherlock Holmes. The visual of Sherlock-the-crow stalking the area and and the sudden, sharp, peck when he sees something on the ground (very apt that one). The equine snort that goes with his the consideration of whether to trample an offender (yes, I can definitely visualise that :-)

And all the while, John is there, understated (mild-mannered, heh), all but invisible to everyone...except for Sherlock, who leaves him the last word, and is likely the only one unsurprised when John chooses to exercise that option with a surgeon's ruthless precision, a soldier's determination...and a friend's understanding.

Bravo – very well done.

Thanks for the read.
tag0 chapter 1 . 5/17/2016
Dark, but oh so realistic.