Reviews for At First Sight
ShinigamiReiko chapter 1 . 9/2/2016
oh dear god that hurt me
Queen Bookworm the First chapter 1 . 5/5/2016
This is so amazingly beautiful! I love this, Lizzie!
LoverGurrl411 chapter 1 . 2/11/2016
This broke my heart in the most beautiful way possible. Because I've always wondered about Sirius and Lily, and I don't know why (since there's zero reason in canon for this), but I always assumed that they secretly loved each other and just never did anything about it because of James.

Anywho, great job! You moved me, and on nights like tonight that kind of suck I could really use being moved, so thank you for writing this. :)
Angelo Della Magnolia chapter 1 . 7/13/2015
I like how you fractured the flashbacks, interesting and original. Very nice. The ending was heartbreaking, really. Sirius/Lily is actually one of my NoTPs, but you made it work and I'll temporary forget about the NoTP thing for now. I absolutely love this fic, top of the list in my favourites.
Ralinde chapter 1 . 6/2/2015
Interesting to see the classical Lancelot plot turn up between James, Lily and Sirius. I think you handled it well and I like how you interwove fairytales into the story as well - with the 'love at first sight' theme. I did not like the fact that broke off the sentences of the interlude mid-sentence, for me that really jarred the story and kept the flow out of it (even though later on I understood why you did it). But other than that, this is a well-written story.
xxCallMeAmyxx chapter 1 . 5/5/2015
Why do you make me ship every damn ship you write?
annied01 chapter 1 . 5/5/2015
and if you listen very closely, you can just about hear my heart breaking into a thousand tiny pieces
DobbyRocksSocks chapter 1 . 4/30/2015
Really, Lizzie? Seriously? You wrote one of my favourite pairings and you broke my heart with them because oh my god. This is incredibly well written and you are my new favourite person because I know you don't like this pairing and you still make them so in character and the love at first sight and the angst and Sirius. But Sirius.

I'm making no sense.

And at the end and it was Sirius she saw first and the feels. I love you XD
inch resting chapter 1 . 4/29/2015
I'm usually not into Sirius/Lily, but wow! I'm very impressed. I love how you portrayed Lily as an actual human being, with flaws and doubts, unlike many stories do. I really liked this. :)
HoodedSpellcaster chapter 1 . 4/29/2015
I had never ever read Sirius/Lily before so this was definitely something new and impressing to me. And so beautiful, so beautiful I could practically feel my heart breaking. It was short, but it didn't need to be any longer. The broken italicized lines made the story perfect; they were a bit confusing at first but when you get into the story they weren't anymore. I don't ship Sirius/Lily, I doubt I ever will, but this... I have nothing bad to say. Wonderful job.
Nightmare Prince chapter 1 . 4/29/2015
Hey

Hmmm, I'm quite a fan of fragmented time-lines but this one didn't work for me, in all honesty. The fact that the italicised verses broke of mid-sentence were quite jarring and it broke me out of the story, so perhaps it would read better if you end each section rather than continuing it straight afterwards?

I love JilyStar Dynamic you have going on in this because it really sets the mood for the entire piece.

Can hardly wait for our match in the League. Going to be a lot of fun

-Ciao Mate
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 4/29/2015
I liked this. I don't see much of this pairing, so it was really nice to actually read a really cute - but sad - story about them. You actually made it seem realistic and like it was truly happening - not just a story.

I feel bad for James :(

I didn't particularly like the sentences being half cut off and then continued later in the story. I could see what you were trying to do, but it just didn't work in my opinion. It was hard to remember what had been said before for it to make sense without going back.

It was written well, though, that part just confused me.

Well done!
alyssialui chapter 1 . 4/28/2015
Oh god this was so sad and heart-breaking. Lily actually fell for Sirius first, not James. And while he's away doing god knows what, she's having an affair with Sirius. It's horrible that they continued to do it and somehow it make it easier for Sirius, if he knows that Lily still loves James deep down and that once he returns, things will go back as they are. But Lily knows in her heart, that Sirius is the one she loves and she no longer loves James. But if Sirius admits this, then it will kill him to know he has stolen (or always had) his friend's girl and he doesn't want to hurt James.
It's all topsy-turvy and I loved and understood all of it. Great job.
The only thing I didn't like was the breaking of the parts in italics. Breaking is nice, since it builds the suspense to the Sirius' big reveal, but breaking mid-sentence was odd and annoying (save for the last one).
NeonDomino chapter 1 . 4/28/2015
Oh I swear you just wrote this to break my heart (even though I can't ship this pairing, it's still so heartbreaking)!
Poor Sirius, even though he loves her, he can't hurt his friend. James would always come first, yet Lily saw Sirius and fell in love with him. But she lies just because she doesn't want to hurt Sirius more than she has already, even though Sirius knows it was a lie when she said she saw James first.

I just love your style of writing! :)
shadowcaster01 chapter 1 . 4/28/2015
I liked the idea of comparing her present with the memory of her first day on the train. The juxtaposition of the two really wove it together, although, with it cutting off mid sentence in the italics, I felt as if I'd missed something every new paragraph that followed. Was that purposeful - like maybe mid-thought or something? It seemed to halt the flow of the story. Everything else was very well done, though.