Reviews for Hermione's Brilliant Idea
brodylopa chapter 14 . 8/12
It was a good short story
I read this before - a while back now - and I loved it again this time around.
The Ghostly Minion chapter 2 . 8/8
Superb way to make a statement! Sometimes I'm like Harry and won't say anything to somebody who has wronged me, other times I blast them. In this case, IDK. BTW, how can McGanagall NOT be aware that H&H aren't sleeping in the dormitories?

Their giving Dumbledore the 'what for' in the tent is a highlight. Every word rang true. Except for the statistics tossed out they don't jibe with me. But I've no interest working it out. I will admit to taking undergrad and graduate level Stats. It's surprising nobody tried to physically stop Harry, but with Dobby there, it wouldn't have worked.

Weaving Bagman's commentary throughout H&H's necking was inspired. Cedric's injuries sound as if they should be fatal, but it points up the power of magical medicine. Hermione's after the fact musings about the bag being charmed to give the Horntail to the last drawer makes a horrid sense.

I stand with some other reviewers that having different breeds of dragons inherently skew the competition for the start.

Getting Sirius to safety made a great deal of sense. I'd guess that this means H&H will have about 15 Elves to call on as the need arises. I don't blame Sirius a bit for getting Raffy to contact the Spanish authorities immediately. I like the thought of H&H staying in the cattle for now. While in canon, Harry beating the dragon DOES have the effect of restoring his popularity, that Voldemort was only looking for the new body and killing Harry. This one should too.
The Ghostly Minion chapter 1 . 8/8
Thought I'd left a review. Oh, well ,,,

I like the idea of the House reaction being so extreme, including the bubotubor pus.

Hermione both working out how Harry can avoid the contract, is something she should have been able to do in canon, but didn't. I like the way she got rational about Elves. The thoughts about Harry's scar makes sense too.

Their training is a nice mix of practical - for their classes, for useful Tri-Wizard spells - and romance.

Smart for the Elves to find unused professor's quarters. One odd thing in canon is that Hogwarts is ludicrously too large for the size of the student body. This is a very good use of that oddity.

Harry confessing to Hermione that their sleeping together keeps away the nightmares is truly romantic and important the them.

Keeping Sirius updated with all the actions and particularly their speculations is a good idea. Getting him out of England and in a position to help at least doubles the resources they'll have.

The bit about Voldemort is odd. One would think that getting a body back is his first priority. How Harry is viewed should be inconsequential to that.
Jharry1960 chapter 3 . 8/3
How did neither Harry or the twins notice the name Peter Pettigrew on the Marauder's Map? It would have always been with Percy first and then later always with Ron.
What's this crap Serious is pulling. First Christmas with Harry and he runs off with his little tart. So much for putting his godson first. These people are all over the place and contradicting what they say and do. Like with Longbottom's run in with Victor. I'm not reading any more of this it's just too out there
Why is this Harry such a puxxy. It seems like he would be afraid of his own shadow. Hermione wouldn't be interested in something like this. Well unless she had Florence Nightingale syndrome.
What a nice story. It's completely plausible that Harry and Hermione would leave a place they were treated so badly. Not a football fan, but enjoyed the game.
Thank you.
mumphie chapter 13 . 7/11
Not a bad romp - wanted Remus to be better, though.
mumphie chapter 3 . 7/11
Agree with you about Scabbers - perhaps the elves feel it isn't their place to say anything if a boy and rat/man are close?
Ackamarackus chapter 14 . 7/4
this was lovely.
daisycb9493 chapter 3 . 6/28
The house elves probably knew but were prevented from doing anything by Dumbledore as he would lose control of Harry ifSirius was free.
jvankessel chapter 14 . 6/21
The dramatic tension is almost tangible.
stylo1 chapter 14 . 6/19
this was just stupid, in a nutshell it is about british refueges some really bad romance, sports like futbol (cause some spanish word trown in solves the fact that they cant speak it) total irrational behavior yes even more so then the books. in the end it was about nothing really just boring, though your gramma was good the social interactions where beyond weird
...where's Remus? Hedwig? How's twee jealous obsessed li'l Ginnykins dealing with all this? Are Neville and Luna being left to face Hoggywarts alone?
1,294 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »