Reviews for Knife Work
UnnamedElement chapter 1 . 1/18/2016
Oh I adored this! I loved the Battle of Helm's Deep in the books, and the line "it has been knife-work up here" stuck with me for some reason from the first time I read it as a wee child. I love your explanation of Legolas' slow count, and the camaraderie between Aragorn and Legolas in that scene was nice to see, as well as the possibility for burgeoning friendship between Eomer and Legolas. Fantastic idea, and beautifully executed. Thank you for sharing your skilled writing!
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 11/23/2015
that's exactly how it could have happened!
great Story!
Nearing Midnight chapter 1 . 9/27/2015
A nice little explanation; that part of TTT always confused me, as well. :P
hi123 chapter 1 . 5/18/2015
I loved it! Legolas is like a skilled warrior hes so agile! Haha even if its fiction...:-)
Guest chapter 1 . 4/17/2015
good fight scene. nicely done.
good explanation, too... poor Legolas though...
Bushwah chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
Knife-work indeed.
Petrichora chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
Oh goodness, my old review from 10 years ago and another name is still here. It feels a bit like looking at an old high school yearbook picture.

You write fight scenes exceptionally well. I'm sure you already knew that, but it bears repeating, just in case. I've always thought it was a shame that Legolas loses by such a small amount: indeed, if all of his kills came at so great a risk as these four, I think he ought to have at least received a consolation prize!
Enna Namo chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
Great fighting scene! And even one without Legolas ending up injured, giggle, like so many other fanfiction writers like to write. I am deeply impressed how thorough you seem to have read Tolkins writing. If he were still alive I would love to see you and him comparing notes and ideas!
The Pearl Maiden chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
Great piece! :)
kspadawan chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
I've always wondered that as well. I'll remember this the next time I'm reading that part!
Hallolo chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
I had never thought of that detail, but I like your explaination! Your battle scene is very well written.

Thanks !

Hallolo
Vanechka chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
excellent expansion on your part!

I like how you took a few lines from Tolkien and wrote a whole backstory. Nicely done!

Battle scenes v. vivid. Loves them.
aotearoan chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
Thanks for this! that little puzzle always made me curious, too... loved the piece. i'm going to go and check out your other stuff!
yamina-chan chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
I've been wondering about this number as well.

But in the way you describe it, that's probably what could have happend.

The way you wrote it was great as expected
Marchwriter chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
I'm running through your stories today, though I may have to stop, so I can savor them at a later date. I do, however, have a question. Black Speech is so infrequent in Tolkien's books (I assume because of its foulness). Where did you find the term "illid" for "elf"? "Golug" I have seen used for the Noldor. Is "illid" just "an elf" or a "Sindar / Silvan" elf? Curiosity burns.

Another ingenious piece.