Reviews for Knife Work
UniCornVampire3z chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
ah! that answers the question, i had always thought something like that might have happened, Legolas could beat Gimli with a bow, but if Legolas has to work with a knife then Gimli would tattaly beat him, which is what happened here. this story was really enjoyable, thank you!
Rhys chapter 1 . 11/9/2004
As usual, pure excellence! I never noticed the gap before (being, shall we say, less than numerically inclined) but as soon as you pointed it out...! How, indeed? I adore your theory, it makes such sense. The characters were masterfully captured, and the moment with Eomer and Legolas warming up to each other (after the hole "die before your strok fell" thing) was wonderful. Even in such a brief fic, you still show your strategic mind in your vivid view of the battle, both personal and overall. The level of detail was perfect, and your sense of the inhabitants of Middle-earth spot-on. Of course they would go for the Elf! And the banter between the companions was as excellent as it always is. I STILL say you must have a weekly séance with Tolkien or something...Do you have friends among the Valar? ;)
docmon chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
thanks for answering the question of the ages! ;-) And so well, with a great sense of timing to your action, you left me breathless!
Tears of Eternal Darkness chapter 1 . 6/11/2004
thanx for pointing that out i didn't realise until now!

gr8 solution to your self-imposed question!
Silver Queen chapter 1 . 3/11/2004
Nice little ... thing. I really did like how you fit all that into a few thousand words and still managed to keep it interesting.
White Wolf1 chapter 1 . 3/1/2004
I really like this story. You describe Legolas's fight so well. It alternated between stark violence and a kind of grace. Love the title, too.
I always wondered, in the movie, why Legolas didn't count all the orcs on the ladder he sent crashing to the ground. I guess he didn't know how many were actually killed and didn't want to cheat, although he had no problem shooting the dead orc under Gimli and then adding it to his count by saying it had 'twitched'. Funny elf.
Great job.
FaerieQueen chapter 1 . 12/6/2003
Ah yes this scene didn't seem correct either when I saw it. At first I assumed Legolas had been injured. But then I decided that couldn't be so because he had none at the end of the battle. I like your explanation better. Thanks! Keep writing and updating!
PuellaStellarum chapter 1 . 12/4/2003
I have not ever read such a great battle scene, nor have I ever heard of anyone besides myself who was actually bothered by Legolas only killing four to Gimli's nineteen. I've imagined a few things, all that happen in two minutes, Gimli wildly swinging his axe, Legolas out of arrows and only having small knives, slitting throats, but there's no way I could've described it so well. Wow. Thank you.
LAXgirl chapter 1 . 11/30/2003
OMG! You researched Khuzdul too? That's great! I had to too for my latest story. Though since Tolkin never went into great depth to create an actual vocabulary for the Dwarves like he did for the Elvish language, I had to make up several phrases loosely based on the basic framework of Khuzdul...
I'm sorry... I'm a language major in school and all of Tolkien's languages just facinate me... Anyway! Awesome ficlet here. It really *was* an interesting point you brought up about Gimli managing to pull ahead of Legolas in their Orc-counting competition and explained. Well, on to more story-stalking!
Signing out
-LAXgirl
greenleaf-in-bloom chapter 1 . 7/30/2003
Yes! Excellent! Go Eomer! Go Legolas! Go Gimli!
Firnsarnien chapter 1 . 7/21/2003
Very descriptive, intense battle scenes. I can see the perfectly in my head. You truly have the gift of word! :)
K.D. Toling chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
Hello again!

More wonderful work! It would seem as though it is impossible for you to write a bad story, because this one was, as usual, awesome. I am DEFINITELY putting you on my favorite authors list! Bye!

-K.D. Toling
Faerfaen chapter 1 . 5/12/2003
O tres tres bon! I really loved it!

** Dy **
Starknight chapter 1 . 4/21/2003
I think your theory works. I like the way you did the dialoge. You do a good job of using the vocabulary correctly.
Livers chapter 1 . 4/18/2003
That was lovely and ingenious, your writing has admirable similarities to the writing of Tolkien. I commend you on an excellent fanfiction! :) Keep up the good work with your other fics as well!
82 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »