Reviews for A Spiritual Experience
DinoGuy2000 chapter 1 . 9/12/2017
Only the twins could have that much fun with disembodiment. Good thing Wendy is a pretty chill person. Poor Dipper indeed.

Good work!
BIuefish chapter 1 . 12/7/2016
Lighthearted and super fun! I enjoyed Dipper's nods to the events of Sock Opera most of all, exasperated Dipper is one of the most fun things to read ever (reminds me of the Cheese cult). Also Mabel is super adorable (as always) and the chemistry between Wendy and the tweens is incredible (as always) and everyone is super in character (as always) and your writing rocks (as always)
EmPro8 chapter 1 . 2/4/2016
That last part man. All I can say is: XD
TimeWarrior84 chapter 1 . 11/26/2015
This makes me smile so much.
KendrixTermina chapter 1 . 9/21/2015
Glorious Mabel logic.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/30/2015
Great! Though when Wendy hears the Bibber story, things will get serious...
DJ everything chapter 1 . 6/4/2015
Oh my-I have no words-you are so precious!
DJ
StkAmbln chapter 1 . 5/14/2015
Oh yeah, that wasa fun. This made me think, wouldn't it be reasonable that Dipper and Mabel keep a pretty big collection of supernatural items in the attic? Because like this crystal, there should be some things they decide are too dangerous to just throw them back in the woods.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 1 . 4/21/2015
LOL-that's hilarious:)
Pangaea chapter 1 . 3/12/2015
This is fantastic. Actually I think it makes a rather nice complement to the show's use of the out-of-body experience theme. "Sock Opera" had a normally incorporeal being (Bill Cipher) savoring the experience of inhabiting a physical body, and here we have Mabel reveling in the perks of intangibility. (It’s hardly surprising that Dipper’s not enjoying himself so much, considering his previous experience with disembodiment.)

This story also made me realize that there are evidently different forms or levels of ghostly tangibility in the Gravity Falls universe. In "Sock Opera", Dipper was entirely unable to interact with people (even passing through them with no apparent effects), and the only physical objects he was shown to interact with were sock puppets. The ghosts in "The Inconveniencing" and "Northwest Mansion Mystery", however, were not only capable of making themselves visible to the living, but could speak to and even physically manipulate people (as the convenience store ghosts did with Mabel), and conjure physical objects from nowhere (namely, a lamb costume and an axe). Perhaps it has something to do with the category system the journal described? In any case, I think it’s safe for your depiction of a GF-universe out-of-body experience having physical laws that aren’t entirely consistent with those of the canon version, if that was one of your concerns that led you to originally shelve this story idea.

The running gag of Dipper and Mabel writing out all their dialogue on paper to communicate with Wendy, even when they’re not talking to Wendy, proceeding to lampshade that fact, and then realizing “Great, now you’ve got me doing it”, is utterly hilarious and feels EXACTLY like the kind of gag that would appear in a real Gravity Falls episode. The offhanded indication that the disembodied twins had previously attempted to get Soos to help them, but ended up scaring him away, is another brilliant addition.

I thought the incantation might be a reference to something, but I couldn’t figure it out. I even checked to see if it was anagrammed, or encoded tried to decode it using the Atbash and Caesar ciphers. At this point I’m guessing it’s just random gibberish; please do let me know if I’m wrong.

"She playfully gave him a light lunch in the shoulder…"
I'm sure this is a typo, and you meant to say "light punch", but I can't stop chuckling at this sentence.

So sweet of Mabel to make sure Waddles is insulated against the ghost chill. And somehow, the image of floating gloves carrying a pig is even funnier to me than the image of a pig floating on its own.

Whatever the latest turn of events has in store for our beloved show, I hope you’ll continue to write stories like this. Even in the event that the status quo changes so much that you need to deviate slightly from the ongoing canon storyline to write the kinds of stories you want to create, I will continue to wholeheartedly support them as a reader and reviewer. Your skill at grasping and replicating the essence of the Gravity Falls universe is exceptional; don’t ever feel discouraged to write stories that are slightly AU, or must be set prior to some game-changing event in the show. I’m glad you brought this story out of storage; to me it proves your ability to write stories that are just as fun and satisfying as any of your other work, even when they make use of themes and plot devices that have already been used in the show.
ddp456 chapter 1 . 3/12/2015
Another adorable story...
MikeyMoo23 chapter 1 . 3/11/2015
This was funny I love it
Moriko no Hikari chapter 1 . 3/11/2015
You've got crystal twice there, at the end. Otherwise, THIS IS HILARIOUS!
PFTones3482 chapter 1 . 3/10/2015
That was absolutely precious.
Montydragon chapter 1 . 3/10/2015
Stan could make a fortune off that crystal, but I guess it's for the best.

And yes, that was quite the episode last night...