Reviews for Anywhere with You
remadora-ftw chapter 1 . 5/21/2017
i feel bad for being glad that josh cancelled...
but the thought of castle being alone with his thoughts after the whole damian thing was even worse so
and I love how she just instantly decided to turn around and be with castle again hmm that was nice

also
"We all trust the wrong person at one point in our lives. that'S why we have to hold onto the ones that will stand by us through thick and thin"
like oh my god what an important message that was so good I love that sentenceh
and I love how kate realised how important that message was haha that was sweet

and yay for rick not being alone
and aww he was so surprised by her coming back

and ahhh I like this
I like this a lot

-Anja
Shena1 chapter 1 . 5/17/2015
This was a lovely, heart-wrenching and heart-warming post-ep.

"Do you think you're the first person who to be completely let down by a person who they admired and looked up to?" ... "We all trust the wrong person at some point in our lives."

Beautiful foreshadowing of Knockout!
aussiecate chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
Awwww that was sweet! I Also really liked Kate's inner monologue, very true to character because she's not someone who would cheat on her boyfriend.
bluedaisy05 chapter 1 . 3/15/2015
Okay, so I've had this chapter sitting open on my phone for a while now. Which I apologize, because I really should've left you a review earlier than this, but fanfiction won't let me leave two reviews on the same chapter, and I really wanted to spell on my thoughts on this one. And this is the first time I've had time to do that.

You've probably seen on tumbler (although is completely fine if you haven't) that I'm not a huge fan of the season three arc. I love that it was such a huge growth in their friendship relationship and their ability to trust one another, but their behavior towards one another makes me a little bit uncomfortable, considering they were both in relationships for a good majority of the season.

What I love about what you've done here is that you've managed to make me feel better about season three by fixing it a little bit and also managing to stay in line with how the characters were actually portrayed on screen during that season. I'm so glad that you didn't have Kate and Josh just break up here, because although that's a delightful fanfic trope, that's not really how it works in real life. But you let us see Kate's inner struggle with her reaction to Josh canceling and the knowledge that it means she gets to stay with Castle. You do a really wonderful job of letting us see that friendship blossom between them, exactly the way we were able to see how it was done on screen.

I just really, really like what you've done with this little story. You definitely demonstrate excellent insight into the characters and where they were at in this part of their story. Amaaaaazing job!
theputz913 chapter 1 . 3/12/2015
Will there be anymore to this story or is this a one shot?
Ky03elk chapter 1 . 3/12/2015
But tonight? Tonight, they both just need a friend.

Ohhh that was tender and delicate, and the cusp of what was and could be.
Thanks
Gigi chapter 1 . 3/11/2015
Based on that prompt I thought the story would be a more romantic Caskett story but it wasn't and it was kinda perfect as is it was. their friendship is really sweet here. I would not mind reading another chapter about them at dinner.
blue1orange chapter 1 . 3/11/2015
Sweet finish.
shadoweddawn chapter 1 . 3/10/2015
I love a good post ep, and this one is so great. Fantastically done. I especially appreciate Beckett's wit at the end, messing with a drunk Castle. ;) great job, Meg!
soulsinstarlight chapter 1 . 3/10/2015
I would personally LOVE to see one or two more chapters to this! I love the dynamic you have going with Beckett being Castle's anchor during his time of sadness and guilt.
honeyandvodka chapter 1 . 3/10/2015
I whole heartedly agree with this change of plans for their Valentine's day :)
Moonbebe chapter 1 . 3/10/2015
So Good! Another great story Meg. :) You always get their characterizations down perfectly and it makes for a VERY enjoyable reading experience. Also - can I just say that I'm glad that Josh had to end up working all night? Thanks for sharing with us!
philliesfan1000 chapter 1 . 3/10/2015
A very good portrait of their friendship at a point at a point when they'd both like it to become something more, tinged with the sadness that she's already attached to someone. A good imagining of Kate's ambivalence with regard to whether she'd like to be with Josh or Castle, something that we weren't privy to as much as we were to Castle's unambivalent, unambiguous longing for Beckett. Sad and sweet.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/10/2015
oh i loved it
rebecca.crymes chapter 1 . 3/10/2015
Always wanted them to have a different ending to this story