Reviews for A Son's Journey
whipper chapter 5 . 9/22/2003
wow, i'm impressed. again. you're good :)
The Madhatter chapter 5 . 12/25/2002
How do you do it? Every single fic that I've read of yours, I've been blown away! You are so amazing! I love this! :D Very good background fic with Jack. This truly shows what he's been through to get to where he is now. I loved that last scene where Syd finds him in the cemetery at his father's grave. Fantastic writing there. I also loved what Jack said to his father and how he didn't deserve anything. Wonderful, splendid, amazing, awesome, job! I just can't get enough!
laras-dice chapter 5 . 12/14/2002
Slacker Lara finally starts on her way-overdue reviews...

Robin, I loved this fic. You've created such a great and interesting backstory for Jack, and what I really liked was the way things were interwoven - all these different aspects of the past that eventually collided in the future.

And then the overarching theme, Jack's father and Jack not wanting to be like him...I think worked really well. I really felt for Jack, wanting and trying so hard, then torn apart by the circumstances.

Kudos to you, too, for figuring out how to make the songfic work. Apparently the answer is to balance out the song with five chapters of good stuff. :-)

-Lara
MSQ chapter 5 . 12/9/2002
Dear icyfire,

Great story! A couple weeks ago I read your Jack/Laura fanfic and really loved them all. That is one of my fav storylines and I rarely get to read about it. Please write more Jack/Irena. MSQ
Diana chapter 5 . 12/9/2002
Robin,

In case I hadn't sent you waaaay too much feedback on this already... I loved every moment of this fic, and the insight it basically gave into everything revolving around Jack. Lovely view into his life past and present, so thanks. It was an absolute joy to read.

Diana
ShadowGoddess1 chapter 1 . 12/8/2002
This story was amazing!

I love how you give us a reason why Jack is the way he is!

I find fics that rarely do that, and you write jack so perfectly!

I just really loved this story, I can't wait to check out your next fic!
10Anonymous01 chapter 5 . 12/8/2002
I can't express how much I enjoyed this story. Out of every character on Alias I find myself most drawn towards Jack, there is something about him and his relationship towards Sydney that just captivates me. You did an amazing job on this story and I hope to read more of your work soon. Keep it up!
Celli chapter 1 . 12/8/2002
*hugs* Robin, not only is this a great dual birthday present, it's a great fic. Thank you. :)
iceskatebaby chapter 5 . 12/8/2002
wow, that was good! I don't usually like fics just about jack but it was really good helps clear up why jack started working for SD-6, even if it is made up!
Jenai chapter 3 . 12/8/2002
Robin,

I read this fic in its beginning stages, and read it after you were done. You have a way with Jack that very few people have. Beautiful work, and great job. Thanks for sharing!