Reviews for What We Didn't See
die Otter chapter 6 . 2/7/2017
I wish this story was a part of the original series. It's so moving and beautifully written, and each character behaves exactly the way I would imagine them to. I loved William/Peggy storyline in Return to Cranford, and I love hurt/comfort stories in general, so your story immediately became one of my favourites. Great job!
Acacia Jules chapter 3 . 5/29/2016
Laudanum wasn't known to be addictive until the 1900s, and they had no knowledge of things like germs until the 1890s, this is 50 years too soon for much of that!
Nicola Hopwell chapter 6 . 1/20/2016
Hello!

Well, thank you for that! I too was wondering what happened to Mr William Buxton from the moment they left the barn to the moment Peggy walked into the drawing room and I am delighted to say that your story has been enjoyed greatly - poor William he's gone through the wars a bit hasn't he?! I completely love Mr Hiddleston in all that he does and I began that (*little*sigh*) obsession when I watched Return to Cranford back in 2006. What a fantastic story! :D
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 3 . 3/20/2015
Vivid, indeed harrowing descriptions of what William endured.

A very emotional chapter all round, in light of William's bravery and terror, and the others' sorrow and worry.
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 2 . 3/18/2015
This is a very forward-thinking surgeon! You don't give him a name, but he's definitely a good addition to the community.

It's also very sobering to consider the danger William was in. It's a good touch giving the suggestion of Mr. Buxton's unspoken love for his son.
Skydive Off Isengard chapter 6 . 3/18/2015
Yay, Stars! Great fic, again. I really do love how well you've tied the two ends of this to the episode. Most tags I've read have felt out of place, but this one fits right in. Great h/c and great job. :D
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 4 . 3/17/2015
This is a beautifully detailed look at the characters, relationships, and circumstances of the series, and more than a little harrowing. I did enjoy the clearly drawn portrait of Erminia, though, when I wasn't worried for William.