Reviews for One Tin Soldier
kittyranma chapter 33 . 10/3
This was great. The only other thing I'd like to have seen is that the bleach contingent had a way of curing Neville's parents.
Kitari Isengar chapter 22 . 9/19
I have to say that I don't like many stories that feature "Hermione the Harpy". That aside I think the content of this story makes up for it. Well done so far.
"We are not really bashing anyone."

Ha. Haha. HAHAHAHAHA. Riiiiggghhhhttt... You are a self-satisfied, self-aggrandizing, close-minded narcissist. But I'm not bashing you! I'm just stating facts, so don't take offense.

Your Harry is even more of a Gary Stu than he is in your other stories. The writing is generally very good, as always, but the characterizations are flimsy. You cherry pick specific aspects of characters and either deify or denigrate them based on those small samples. It takes what are normally nice, 3D characters and transfoms them into boring, 2D archetypes. There are better ways to sunder the golden trio than, "they were secretly assholes all along!". Similarly, there are better ways for Harry to make new friends than, "Oh Harry, I've known you for two weeks and wish I could make you my heir! I'll just have to settle for making you my nephew!". When you write your characters that way, it shoots any credibility the story has straight to hell.

I WANT to like this story. But your characterizations are making that really hard for me. You need to respect that, while Harry may secretly have the capacity to be highly capable and intelligent, so too may other people from a similar background. Making all the characters shallow and either irrationally good or bad is just poor writing.
Gotta agree with others about the misleading bracket pairing, but that's not really a big deal.

*After the first week he'd found that the youngest male Weasley was a food hog, caring only about his stomach and how much he could stuff into it, and he was extremely jealous of Harry.*

A few chapters ago you said you weren't bashing Ron, but that's exactly what this is. I doubt you could cite a place in the books where Ron was a certified 'food hog'. Eating a lot? Yes. Having poor table manners when he was 11? Yes. But outright bitching and moaning about food in an offesive way? Hardly.

That is bashing. Don't claim otherwise and mislead people. Hopefully it will stay at tolerable levels.
*Thankful that the goblins taught him the translation spell so he could understand both spoken and written Japanese so Ichigo and his father didn't have to rely on their English skills. *

WRITTEN Japanese

Next chapter you claim he can't read it. If you ever edit, you should change that.
A really great crossover between Bleach and Harry Potter. Such a great job. The characters were all amazing and I really enjoyed reading it.
Thanks for posting.
Mitsukini Haninozuka chapter 33 . 7/29
Are you going to do the third part of Bleach? After the Arc?
Fairytail fan xx chapter 1 . 7/25
hello i was wondering if you can do a sequel to one tin man please
Kaito chapter 10 . 7/12
Mushi mushi... why bug tho...
Gina chapter 30 . 7/6
I am sorry for your loss.
Gina chapter 22 . 7/6
Hermione's character in Quoth the Raven was brilliant and fitting (loved the whole story). Her character seems to fit this story line as well.

Well done.
Gina chapter 21 . 7/6
Good me: I'm sorry for your loss (and ours!) and hope it was only your stories that were lost. We lost all the pictures my daughter took during high school.

Bad me: Don't forget a leash for your thumbdrive

Good me: LOVE this story

(ms gina marina gmail .gom
Nobody calls the police Bobbies. Ever. They might have don it before the world war but not anymore. It's either the cops, bobs or coppers.
Unseen Watcher chapter 16 . 5/25
At last, a story where HP tells Dumbles he is not his 'boy'. I always hated that phrase. Made my skin craw. Awesome fic!
Devola chapter 13 . 5/7
You turned Harry from "Harry Potter" into "Generic Neckbeard". Nicely done. To think this story was almost readable. You sure dodged a bullet there.

I'm not sure which is more sad: The fact that this story went from having solid potential to being generic, cliched "Japan is the best at everything" circlejerking, or the fact that there's two people working on this. You'd think one of the two would have more sense and would keep the story from devolving as it has. Oh well.
1,802 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »