Reviews for Semper Fi
The King in White chapter 52 . 6/26
This is pretty top tier. Excellent work. One of the most in-depth Mass Effect fics I've ever encountered. And great characterization. You remade all the characters into pretty fresh iterations that resemble their canon counterparts but deviate in interesting ways.
noone297 chapter 53 . 6/10
I understand. Don't worry we're still here, we'll still be here. Good luck.
QuestionsForSome chapter 1 . 5/23
How's the progress going on the fic?
chavalah chapter 52 . 5/9
I really, really like your portrayal of this universe. Keep up the good work!
elfy2888 chapter 52 . 4/25
So just went on a reading spree with this caude i been lazy and have not read in a year sorry about that. But i can say that i have missed this so much keep up the work cant wait for more.
noone297 chapter 52 . 3/11
So... it took me a few days, but I finally finished this story. Time for a review...

I have to congratulate you, you manage to do the impossible: make me care about headcanons I don't like.
I'm going to be frank, I don't agree with... nearly all of your headcanons. Whether they are biological (I'm sorry but I can't imagine Turian women like this...) or especially sociological. I'm sorry I just don't see the Turian society that way (but I actually agree with your Asari and Salarian however). I see them as a rigidly structured society, heavily militarized, which is not a state with an army but an army with a state wrap around it. But I do think that they use money, that they have families, that their languages have a first person pronoun, etc. I see them as a Super Space Roman Empire, no the ultimate collectivists.
I don't think that they treat their Biotics that badly, so on. And I just don't really like how you portray their sex lives... I think that for them sex is not the end of the world and is just something you do... but I also think they have romantic love and all that. Well I'm sure you have heard all these arguments before. You see what I mean, I don't agree with your ideas...
Well there's also the fact that I'm an historian (with degree and all), making sure that things are canon was literally my job when I was in university... and some of your headcanons bend or outright break canon, I never liked that.

Does that mean that I'm just writing this up because I don't like your story? No, I loooove your story. Your writing is so good, your ideas so interesting... that even though I disagree with you, I can't stop reading. I really care about your characters. What's happening to them, so on. I really like that this galaxy feels alive. It's not just a masturbatory fanfic about a Turian having sex with a readhead beauty. It's not stupid epic where everything explodes. No everyone is nice. No, people are bastards. People are corrupts. I really like that.
I really like your shades of grey... even if some times things are a bit too grim you prove that not everyone is a bastard (Miranda). The council may be a bit too corrupt, and I really don't like where the plot is going with humanity... but still it's cleverly written. I'll still read it. I must say I would like a little more of sunshine on the political scene... but hey, I'm a sucker for happy endings, so...
I also don't think the Batarians are all bastards, wonder if they will ever appear and if they will be nuanced... Also Kryik's obsession with Shepard is not just weird, he is a psycho.

Also I would really like to know more about Miranda and if she is still so much anti-alien.

I'm not sure when this will be updated. But I must say I can't wait.

Oh, and I have filled up the survey.

TL;DR: I disagree with you but love your story.

PS: en tant que camarade francophone je ne peux que te féliciter de ton anglais, je n'ai réalisé que très tardivement tu n'étais pas un *native speaker*, en fait c'est le fait d'écrire *troupes* au lieu de *troops* qui m'a fait tilter. Explique pas mal de chose sur l'intérêt porté aux langues (et comme j'adore les langues... je ne peux qu'être un fan de cela)
Et tu as raison, les fandom anglophones sont en général plus actifs et moins obtus.
diabolo88000 chapter 25 . 2/12
Great chapter!
JVNemesis chapter 52 . 1/19
Hiya!

I've been enjoying your writing, and wanted to offer a few words of encouragement. To be shamefully honest, I've been reading this over such a long period of time that I honestly can't remember all of the details, but well-written AU stories are some of my favorites, and this is marked as such for a reason. Your characters feel real and make sense; canon characters acting out of character in response to AU stuff is always something that's bugged me, but you keep everyone on point and believable, most importantly. Kudos, and keep it up. I think some of the new character angles (specifically Saren and Nihlus) are rather interesting, and am watching them with probably the most interest in this story.

I don't have too much else to say, other than I felt the need to pop in and say something, after reading the note in the previous chapter. I know how much positive feedback can help. I browse on the phone app, generally just during my downtime during the day, so I always forget to hop back on the PC when I get home at night and sign in to leave a review. I made the effort this time, though!

Keep up the good work!
Morakir chapter 52 . 1/17
And my favourite story continues. Here's hoping for another relatively quick chapter! Also, don't end it this year; better yet, don't end it at all. Keep writing forever!
Couldn't help myself. I saw the update alert at work.. blurted out "MY FAVORITE FANFIC UPDATED!" and immediately took my lunch break. Always a fantastic read!
Guest chapter 51 . 12/22/2016
I don't check fanfiction regularly, so seeing a new chapter for semper fi today was like an early christmas present. A REALLY good one!
I honestly love, love love all the different voices you're writing in, and the way the story twists his way and that... And the whole wormhole time distortion thing is wonderfully hard scifi, so thanks for that :)
I even think I may have to binge read it all from the beginning again, to get the bigger picture...
Morakir chapter 51 . 12/22/2016
Whelp, glad this is back. Was starting to miss my favourite Mass Effect fanfic.
Glad to have you back and as always I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
TheSilenceIsVast chapter 51 . 12/21/2016
Hi. I like this :P
Guest chapter 51 . 12/20/2016
Getting an e-mail alert on a new chapter made my week. Awesome as always!
Kryptonita chapter 40 . 12/10/2016
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, YES, YES BECAUSE OF JOHN, AND YES BECAUSE OF KASUMI. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Actually, there is so much to shout about in this chapter: Shepard dragging Udina out, Shepard talking with Anderson again even after what happened with the Udina thing, BAU, the Black Widow gift from Garrus, GARRUS BEING A FUCKING NERD AS ALWAYS (is trendy topic on my comments and this fic, i swear) BECAUSE HE ACTUALLY READ A MANUAL ABOUT HUMANS ANATOMY AND WAS EXCITED ABOUT EVERYTHING (but also scared), the whole smut part (note to the curious reader who reads reviews because whatever reason: go read the smut version in AO3, it's great) (i agreed 100% with what koala said in her review) was awesome (especially because i loved how careful have been both of them with each other, Garrus because he didn't forget about what happened with Shepard in the Project Base and Shepard because of herself but also because she knows that it was the first time for Garrus with another specie -and also it has been so long since he had any relationship, really liked that detail); the mention about Javik and Wrex relationship before and after what happened to Wrex... SO YEAH, A LOT OF THINGS TO SCREAM ABOUT.