Reviews for The Shadow of Angmar
tonzo chapter 31 . 9/30
I just discovered this story and I have to say it is absolutely fantastic, thank you
My reread continues! This is the second to last chapter before I come to new content. Despite my griping last comment about Harry not attempting to use elf hair as a wand core, reading this story never fails to astound me with your incredible use of Tolkien knowledge and the way that you gracefully blend these two worlds. This arc is SO satisfying, it makes the long wait absolutely worth it, no matter how many times I read this story. The way you’ve handled Harry’s character development is nothing short of masterful, the world building and natural incorporation of Tolkien lore is mind blowing, and your depiction of Celeborn is still one of my favorite elven depictions of all time.

Thank you so much for continuing to write this story, and for all the work and love you’ve poured into it throughout the years. This story long surpassed and outgrown JKR’s canonical books for me, and taken on a life of its own. Thank you!
parker87 chapter 31 . 9/29
Hi just finished reading all the chapters so far the story it awesome and well writen cant wait for more and hope you finish it thx for all the hard work so far ).
gdog1 chapter 31 . 9/28
What I really like about this story is Harry's up and downs. While life has those him in the shit he keeps moving. Even when there seems to be little point he keeps moving. I love it because a less man would just bitch and complain. (Like how many angst stories do.) But your character stays true and he keeps helping people and moving foward. I like that.
I’m retreading this story, and haven’t read the latest chapters yet. As always, I am enjoying it immensely, and I think you’re a hugely talented writer. I’ve never understood why Harry never tried to use the hair of an elf in his wand making though? They’re obviously magical creatures, who carry magic naturally in their very essence, as he observes himself many times. He is told over and over again that elves are the bearers of enchantments, and that their version of magic is a foil to the dark magics of the East. Elven magic is demonstrated to be powerful enough, on occasion, to defeat even a Balrog and Harry meets an elf that has been able to do. They have the purity of unicorns and the immortality and propensity of rebirth of phoenixes. Harry has access to elves who have experienced the light of Valinor and even the trees. Things they touch and create become infused with power. And yet, he continues to seek evil dragons and balrogs, lamenting the lack of magical creatures, why?
elsa3beth chapter 31 . 9/24
Beautifully written as always. This fic is a masterpiece deftly guided.
Tetradical chapter 31 . 9/23
Awesome!
Xaverian chapter 8 . 9/22
first off I actually really enjoyed the chapter and ur dialogue, second, ik it's not cannon but if u want ideas or a few fairly logical non cannon ideas u should look into games workshop middle Earth battle strategy game. they had to fill in some blanks and create lore to make the other nazgul figures and crafted lore around them as well as names
Xaverian chapter 3 . 9/22
I'm not sure if this is complete yet, im sure u have ur own path and ideas and loving it so far, just thought maybe if Harry is going to build a wand at. some point it would be cool if it was like freely give wood from an ent
TheFinalArbiter chapter 31 . 9/22
Absolutely enamored with this story. Keep up the fantastic work.
LongSelfindulgentReviews chapter 31 . 9/21
Why do you tease me so? Couldn’t they at least hold hands or something?! I’m dying here!
LongSelfindulgentReviews chapter 27 . 9/21
“since that day he had stepped seldom into the hidden valley.”

Noooo. How are you supposed to kiss Daewen if you don’t go near her?! Aaaaa!
FriggleBerry chapter 10 . 9/21
Honestly amazing story. But it needs to pick up a bit it’s starting to get dull I would most definitely like to see him finally get answers and starting doing something that matters a bit more
omh666 chapter 31 . 9/20
I have to say, I think this is litterally the only HP/LotR crossover i consistently read. Thank you for the updates and I'm looking forward to future chapters.
Kraftykidd chapter 31 . 9/20
Man, I hadn’t read this story and awhile and since last I did it’s updated a lot. I’m loving the magic, the interactions, and the changes of the world wrought by it all. I do hope that, with this last revelation of Harry’s here, he can grow and move on. Honestly, I am shipping him and Daewen so hard. There’s just something so pure and refreshing when they interact.

I also hope that his magic improves. Oft has he been a wanderer that is true, and thus his Magic’s have all been suited to help the occasions and people he meets. I hope he starts to settle down for abit. To build something wondrous, something lasting. Perhaps a learning center similar to that of Hogwarts with magic and whimsy embedded in every stone and crook. A center of the arts and crafts, of literature and maths. Something meant to draw all races and to further he good works of them all.

I also wish some whimsy to come back to Harry’s magic. Something to share one day with all the elves be it in practical joke items and little magic producing devices to say paint everything with a hour omg lasting color charm. Something to lighten the world and people with joy and humor. Because that’s honestly been the biggest missing thing from this Harry and crossover. None of the whimsy and wonderment that made the HP books so attractive to many children and teens.

Anyway, can’t wait for next chapter, stay healthy and keep up the great work.
5,383 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »