Reviews for The Shadow of Angmar
Jim chapter 36 . 4/30/2022
Always loved this story and really anticipate the future chapters. Always a pleasure reading your story.
Kamille chapter 25 . 4/27/2022
I kid you not, I was bouncing up and down with joy at the end! The patronus is no doubt the first spell he'd cast. Very beautiful and triumphant moment, well worth everything leading up to it.
Kamille chapter 24 . 4/27/2022
That. Was. Awesome! Seriously, well worth the wait.
cgw1500 chapter 37 . 4/27/2022
I'm gonna have to re read this
Kamille chapter 20 . 4/27/2022
That was an excellent way to build tension! I was on the edge of my seat!

Also, this slow pace is torture! Every chapter I hope he gets his wand. But its such a good read, I can't help but enjoy every second of it! (Maybe this is turning me into a masochist... Lol)
Jens Vestergaard chapter 37 . 4/22/2022
Hi there! Love your story! It's an awesome concept and it's amazing how you make it actually feel like lotr. In my opinion at least, and a few others i know.
This is my second time reading this story and i truly hope you find the time and motivation to keep it going, cause i need more of it! No pressure :P
I never write rewievs, as you can probably tell i suck at it, but i had to tell you i love your story and i hope you continue :)
ufaruque7 chapter 37 . 4/21/2022
Been waiting for the next chapter for a really long time now. Is this abandoned?
PSYCongroo chapter 1 . 4/17/2022
Buen inicio, seré honesto, solo me ví las películas y eso fue así casi 10 años y no me he leído ningún libro, así que cuando no entiendo algo lo busco en un momento en Google, pero incluso así esto es muy atrapante.
kristinamanga chapter 27 . 4/13/2022
es que Harry vas être en couple avec Daewen ?
kristinamanga chapter 11 . 4/12/2022
C'est un Saruma sympa pour l'instant... x)
Guest chapter 37 . 4/10/2022
It's truly sad that such a magnificent work appears to be practically abandoned, yet I am grateful that this much of the story exists.

One day, I hope you find the inspiration to return to this story.
7heMidni9htOwl chapter 1 . 4/2/2022
Continue with this story!
Magnusscipio chapter 37 . 4/1/2022
Beautifully written, a truly excellent story. Thank you.
Raeger chapter 37 . 3/25/2022
An excellent read from start to where the tale has now reached.

In earlier chapters, your A/Ns expressed surprised that people enjoyed the story despite its slow pace. Part of the appeal of this story for me has been the appreciable buildup all the way from the onset. We see Harry freshly released from Angmar, unable to keep down food and drink, on the verge of death. A desperate struggle and a hastily contrived concoction that deals with his attackers but also wounds him and Daewen. I felt rather invested seeing the steps Harry made in his recovery. Two scenes feature prominently in my recollection — where Saruman cautions Harry about the crude wand made using his own blood, and later when Harry regrows his teeth and realises that all along his appearance which he feared to see has not been so diminished for a while already.

All this leads to the way in which you closed the first arc of the story, with Harry creating a new wand and regaining a core part of who he is and what he lost. Very satisfying indeed.

A second point revolves around one of the aspects of your story which I've enjoyed the most. I like how you've steadily built up this concept of Harry's magic as being about listening to and understanding the nature of the surrounding world. I liked how it wasn't an info dump, but very interwoven into the happenings of the story. Part of the interest is appreciating Harry's growth and amazement at what he is now able to do. On a deeper thought, perhaps part of it is also to do with some of the secondary matters which you have been exploring: Harry has become much more learned, yet there is still much which he does not understand. Recent setbacks and chapters have reminded that for all his age, he is still dwarfed in wisdom and understanding by the likes of Saruman and Galadriel. For all the respect that Harry is accorded from the younger races for his deeds, his is not the well-trodden path of the wise and aloof elf lord or wizard.

And there we come to some big questions brought up by recent chapters. What is Harry's purpose? I was quite struck by what Arwen and Daewen said about the significance that they see in Harry.

Anyway, very much enjoyed. I'm sure lots of other reviewers have mentioned something about the immense effort you've put into the geography and linguistic aspects of the story that truly make the world come alive.
Guest chapter 37 . 3/20/2022