Reviews for A World Full of Monsters
Azreus chapter 1 . 9/10/2022
I wanted that cocky bastard of a kid to get his ass beat
Guest chapter 14 . 9/1/2022
This wonderful story will return someday. We just have to believe.
TheMostAbstract chapter 5 . 8/29/2022
I'm dying this is one of the funniest things I've ever seen
Naruto Sleep - Runa chapter 2 . 8/24/2022
Overall? This is fucking amazing lol
Naruto Sleep - Runa chapter 2 . 8/24/2022
LMAO WHAT?! FEMALE NARUTO?!
Naruto Sleep - Runa chapter 1 . 8/24/2022
Overall? God this is Fucking Amazing
Naruto Sleep - Runa chapter 1 . 8/24/2022
Lmao the Balls situation

"That's right, they would force me to have sex... lots and lots of sex with a ton of wonen for... years... huh, why was I so against this again anyway?" That is the most hilarious line I've ever seen this month
Rue chapter 1 . 8/21/2022
The premise is likable, a ruthless protagonist seeking unlimited power. I am, however, very concerned about the misogynist themes very present. The story opens with a scene where in the Insert encounters a gender bent Jiraiya while hangout with a similarly gender bent Naruto (Naruko). The Insert then screams in pain at this discord between what they were expecting and what is their reality. That alone could simple be AU, which is fine, I've seen this done well in other fics. This outburst can just be the Insert wishing for familiarity of the story and characters as they've known them, now that fiction has become their reality.

The concern arise as one reads the rest of the chapter. The Insert, upon realizing that they are indeed an Insert into the Naruto world, only expresses mind panic, and after a few clues deduces that they are with the scope of the story that we are familiar with, not just the general setting. However, they are extreme panicked and concerned at the gender of the body they have reincarnated into. This is a valid concern, after all their sense of self is gendered and being in a body that does not align with that sense of self would be very traumatic. Being an infant, the Insert is not yet being socialized into gender roles, if their biological sex is not in alignment with their gender then they will go through a lifetime of in conflict with their own body and they way their family, friends, community, and society sees them and what they expect of them. This condition is called Gender Dysphoria. The Insert is relieved to fine that their biological sex matches their sense of gender. Their relief, however comes across as less of them being glad that they don't have to go through that, but rather that they are a man and not a woman. They were afraid to be robbed of their masculinity, to the point that their whole other driving force, the accumulation of power, was over ridden. They may have been engaging in a hyperbole by stating that they would commit suicide rather than not have make gentile, but none the less they make it very clear that their masculinity is the most important thing to them. If we were to examine the same statement through its opposed it would be that they were terrified of being a woman.

Now that on its own my just be reincarnation dynamics along side fears of going through gender dysphoria, but this is written in their first person. The perspective we see the world is through the Insert's thoughts and experiences. Those thoughts and experiences come across as sexist in an almost subconscious way. When the protagonist is not obsessing over accumulating power and is noticing the world around them, they are dismissive of women, especially as they take care of him. As they change his diapers and as they feed him he always refers and addresses them mental as 'woman', in an almost derogatory way. The two main women being noticed are his mother and care taker. The diaper changing scene I mentioned earlier, alongside his thought at the time, alongside this there is scene when he sees his parents in a sexual act. Despite having apparently been an old man while a full life time of experience having had kids of his own and so on, he still expresses childish revulsion at his new mother's sexuality with his father, assigning the agency if the act to completely to his father, and thus his exasperation. By default he sees this as his father's act on to his mother as if she is not a being who owns her own sexuality. With his care taker Nanako, during the scene where he is being fed and is quite frustrated at being treated like a child(at the age of two) he mentally calls her various this such as 'hag', 'little bitch', and ' a devil', and mentally threatens to slap her alongside his glare which he thinks is suppose to send a 'any sane man' running, with her unfortunately lacking self preservation. Now this all suppose to be comedic here, given his situation, but it all comes off as subconsciously sexist, and his feeling emasculated by women who have power over him and frustrated that he dosen't have the power to actually do anything about it. In contrast his father and other males represent the ability to gain power and agency, in their entanglement of starting his child soldier career early. Their stoic approval is always a positive sign, and if they ever show emotional concern for his behavior it is a bad thing.

All of these things together paint a concerningly misogynist picture. Now this fic is suppose to be a power fantasy, and I understand that the genre has its roots in the feelings of disempowerment in reality, as much escapism does, but that dose not mean that is has to be misogynist. There are plenty of things out there to be mad at or with, and there are plenty of ways to tell a story that makes us all feel good without perpetuating hating on one of the genders. One of my favorite Naruto SIs has a female protagonist who is whole bundle of authority issues and seeking that 'unlimited powah' through hard work without getting all sexist (Walk on the Moon). But aye dog, at the end of the day its fanfiction and we can all do whatever the hell we want and tell whatever kind of story we want.

I'll probably give the next few chapters a read, but I don't think that this one's for me.
Guest chapter 14 . 8/18/2022
Great story hope you continue
Ur mom chapter 7 . 8/16/2022
yo clever i would have never thought
StarBoundDisaster chapter 2 . 8/10/2022
Couldn't finish the chapter. I thought you were writing someone mature? Not a god damn retard.
Exo dog chapter 14 . 8/9/2022
This is a pretty good story
Yuri chapter 14 . 8/8/2022
There are three possibilities to how you wrote this; you're either a father who lost both kids and wanted to use this story as a way to clear his mind and deal with grief-can be evidenced by your age on your profile, or you're a genius at writing who should be pumping out original works, or you're a psychopath, I can't see it going any way else
ThanosSnappin chapter 3 . 7/29/2022
You can’t really call your mc a ‘monster’ when he starts crying to a corpse over actions he hasn’t even done:

"YOU SHOVED A FUCKING CHIDORI THROUGH HER
CHEST YOU PRICK! THAT'S WHAT! YOU TORE A FIST-SIZED HOLE IN NARUTO'S CHEST! MY FRIEND'S FREAKING CHEST! DID YOU THINK I'D JUST SIT BACK AND LET YOU GET AWAY WITH IT!MC to a 9 year old Sasuke, who hasn’t even hurt any people yet.

OOH WHAT A DEVIL! SHIVER ME TIMBERS!

When you give the mc a romantic relationship, you calling him a monster will be even funnier.
Skywolf99 chapter 14 . 7/26/2022
this was a really good fic, shame it's been 2 years since an update. i hope you'll get back to this someday soon
3,390 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »