Reviews for Avoiding Stupid Deaths in the 41st Millennium
W8W chapter 29 . 2/19
Thx for another hilarious chapter. Nuclear explosion propulsion W40k style in my head look like this:
1- throw bomb thru airlock
2-detonate and pray it will not kill you
Orks do it similar only with laughter instead of prayer, If they don't forget about throwing away before detonating.
Zues Killer Productions chapter 29 . 2/19
Ah, I remember reading the first chapters of that MST. Never in my life would I see an XCOM fanfic that would make me want to consider actually reading the Viper-Centric fanfics...but I decided to instead spend my time reading Mass vexations 1&2, Herr's MST of Parrell Realities, his deconstruction of that premise, and the MST of Twin Humanities.

But in all seriousness, there seems to be an impression here that the writer is straining to keep up his disassociation from what's going on around him to make effective points. And considering mama chaos lord...it'll get really ugly soon.
Lord Razer chapter 29 . 2/16
ah the imperium, always providing new ways on how humanity can either advance further in life and show how we can all fucking die horrible painful deaths do to stupid shit, a bit sad that this will soon come to an end but its been a wild ride and I'm looking forward to see how it will end.

So these other fanfics about humanity "fuck yeah" kinda thing that people make, not really a fan as I'm really tired of the cliche of a dominating humanity overpowering the "disgusting" xenos, like come on its boring and predictable, I like shades of grey where both humanity and aliens are flawed and show some compassion for each other and can also be evil at the same time.

any who keep up the good work and looking forward to seeing some of your new projects.
Fellowman chapter 29 . 2/16
"You cannot use baneblades for sneak attacks!"
Creed likes to have a word with you.
deadal chapter 29 . 2/16
actually, nuclear explosion could be a viable way to power a ship: radiation shielding is already a necessity and there is no atmosphere so no pressure gradient
suggestion "ii was treated as crap when i was a kid / rookie so i'm allowed to treat everyone as crap / to betray everyone somehow involved" is a stupid way to get killed
ManwithaPlan113 chapter 29 . 2/16
I’m sure it’ll just be as sarcastic good as this one
Commander Teizan chapter 29 . 2/16
Point for 451, nukes in space aren't nearly as outright kinetically destructive as they are in atmosphere. This is because the only shockwave material produced is that of the nuclear material and it's casing - and whatever is immediately around it. After a very short distance, it simply becomes a thermal weapon. Nuclear ordinance therefore doesn't actually /push/ things much in space (unlike in atmo again where it is a viable ground-to-space launch technique.) 40k Imperial ships - civilian or navy - are large, armoured, and radiation shielded enough (because millennia in space) that they can withstand such a nuclear blast easily.
Krulla Chief chapter 29 . 2/15
454 Pretty sure that humans can recover from a much worse genetic bottleneck than a couple hundred people if they play it smart. Iirc, key words recall, pretty sure the worst bottle neck is 20 women 10 men with, of course, varied enough genetics and of course them being smart.
Captiosus chapter 29 . 2/15
Nuclear Pulse Propulsion was thought up by Nasa under the name Project Orion. As mentioned, it basically consists of throwing shaped charge Nukes behind the ship then setting them off to ride the blast wave. The thing is: The whole ship's design has to be built around this concept, which includes the huge, heavy, thick, ablative-covered and very strong pusher plate, and the shock absorption system the whole smash relies on.

When the bomb goes off, the pusher plate gets kicked forwards. The shock absorbers absorb this energy, then expend it by pushing on the very heavy plate, which in turn moves the whole ship forwards (Action, reaction. Simple enough). Net result: Ship moves in desired direction. Once the explosion has mostly burnt itself out, open the hole in the center of the plate, toss another nuke through, rinse, repeat the above. Continue until your course has you going to where you want to go. When you get there, turn the ship around and repeat until you've established orbit
Anon chapter 28 . 2/12
Please post a link to your patreon in your bio I and many others would love to keep you focusing on your writings!
Wait, aren’t Orks basically half fungus? So isn’t it possible a plant grenade could actually do something to them, maybe modify it to specifically attack fungus, heck if works you wouldn’t need to burn an Ork and everywhere they’ve been to make sure a planets is clean, just carpeted bomb the place with the grenades.
W8W chapter 28 . 1/22
You really surprise me, I was expecting sisters of battle. How friendly are Arbites and guardsman was nice.
tanithlipsky chapter 28 . 1/20
wow. this is amusing .
ManwithaPlan113 chapter 28 . 1/20
That’s pretty cool actually. And Penal Legionaires are almost never trust worthy
TheLazyHaiku chapter 28 . 1/20
"-BOTTLED on Holy Terra-", other than that just fine.