Reviews for Avoiding Stupid Deaths in the 41st Millennium
c-wolf chapter 36 . 3/6/2021
I mean she'll be good by emperium standards anyway. until the millenia pass and all systems are back online. by that point it won't be the author's issue
c-wolf chapter 35 . 3/6/2021
I like to think he at least deserves to actually talk to the emperor considering everything in the book. so if nothing else he got a reward lol
DARKTIDE chapter 4 . 1/7/2021
76: The Lamenters are essentially the lost children of Sanguinus, so respect them: Emperor…the Lamenters. Easily the most tragic Space Marine chapter in existence. Their words are "For those we cherish we die in glory," and sadly they've been doing quite a bit of it. They've been shunned by the Imperium for the most trivial of things, the Ultrapricks hate them because they didn't get down on their needs to suckle their taint, most people distrust them for being part of the Cursed Founding, and blah blah blah. They never, EVER, stop fighting to protect the people of the Imperium, no matter how much of their own blood is shed. Millions of people owe them their lives. You have a problem with the Lamenters? You answer to us.

*RESPECT*
UBERSREIK chapter 2 . 1/7/2021
Be careful when laying with fellow guardsmen: […] The moral is, do it in the ass.

{STAT BUFF: ENLIGHTENED}
Princess Moon Dew chapter 1 . 12/15/2020
Made a (very bare bones) TV Tropes page for this.

/FanFic/AvoidingStupidDeathsInThe41stMillennium
RandomGuest chapter 12 . 9/15/2020
Oh yeah better to block the spear than skewer yourself on it. I mean seriously. I lead a charge too on my world during a civil war. We use muskets and bayonets by the way. Over the top and me lad Jim impaled himself on the rebel bayonet... a third of my platoon practically did that. I nearly died. Then again we were militia at the time so it was expected. (Shave Head thing is legit thing in actual military today cause everyone knows, even police and some civilians, your hair is easy to grab and lead you around. Heck chickens even know you grab the comb of the head you can drive your opponent through the dirt, literally. And they seem to be unable to properly retaliate, especially since a chicken's only proper weapon is the beak and claw, but it's useless when your face is being driven through the dirt)

Oh yeah but I always resorted to bombing the frak out of everything. Blew up a fort, blew up an island. Cause well. Why waste men when I can just level the enemy force on the island? Why should I waste lives? So I bombed them to oblivion, we can just build a new base afterwards... after we build a new island... we have aircraft and bombs, but not modern guns. Don't know what the R&D Branch is thinking still having us use Muskets and Breech Loading Rifles
RandomGuest chapter 11 . 9/15/2020
You know, perhaps I should have gotten my hands on this book sooner. I slapped a few lads before. One freaked out and nearly shot my head off... why do they portray it so differently in propaganda? (Heck even movies in real life show that slapping people miraculously makes them calm, what the heck?!) But man quite a unique world this is! Realm of 40k, yet like... everyone be dying cause of stupid reasons. Like seriously? Don't know the difference between pets of 40k and this world. But pets are useful. Except for cats. Cats are stupid. Dogs are better and more loyal. Hey I think that 40k has them Canins right? Those cyborg dogs creatures yes?
*Sees 204*
...oops
RandomGuest chapter 9 . 9/15/2020
Okay, NOW you tell me not to engage a Chaos Space Marine in melee. After I lost like... 120 men trying to melee a space marine with bayonets. Hey I thought it'd work. We had numbers... and a flag.

Then I saw Death Korps charge the enemy. While I ordered my battalion to withdraw. Usually I prefer to do the OPPOSITE of what the Death Korps of the Krieg does. See them charge a clearly massive enemy counterattack, don't follow a Krieg Countercharge. Unless you want to die. What use is infantry against tanks and artillery? Not to mention the enemy was far more numerous. Yeah, better to just withdraw. Then again, I did lead suicidal charges before, but I learned that they are quite stupid and useless and if anything make you one step closer to losing the battle. I agree with that, course the Krieg would like throw down the book and kill the frak out of anyone caught with it. Course I love this book! So realistic! So true! S- OH FRAK- [Communication Link Lost, Possible Weather Interference]
RandomGuest chapter 8 . 9/15/2020
Knives are worthless?
*Flashback to leading a division of line infantry against Ork Warband in melee*
I can agree there through experience!
RandomGuest chapter 7 . 9/15/2020
Great Scott I should know the same about musket effectiveness on anything. I lead 120 Infantry in line formation against 1 Chaos Space Marine of the Alpha Legion. You can guess how that went. Very accurate representation. Just got mowed down after we fired the first volley. I learned to not lead 18th Century Tactics in a 41K Setting. I tried again but with 500 Line Infantry. It failed again. I tried with a hundred Guardsmen with lasguns... would you believe a Pyrrhic Victory with me as the only survivor? Forbid the idea of men stupid enough to engage a Chaos Space Marine in melee... your bat aside like your nothing. Then again I slashed at the hulk with a mere saber and it did nothing to the armor. He just spun around and nearly blasted me head off, I ducked but the guy behind me and the one behind him were unlucky, so was the next in line and the next. Good times. Don't rely on muskets in the 41k setting! Just terrible indeed which I agree with! And FORBID the idea of engaging Necrons in line formation, that sucked worse.
Guest chapter 18 . 6/3/2020
Yeah, whips work fine against regular humans and even some larger animals (there's a Canadian hunter who hunted caribou using a bullwhip) but are useless against most of the other enemies that a guardsman might face.
Guest chapter 34 . 5/23/2020
Hey you should continue this at some point from the perspective of one of the other factions
Guest chapter 3 . 5/22/2020
Do not attempt to seduce an Ork? Is this actually a thing in canon? If so that would be even more hilarious.
XING chapter 36 . 5/4/2020
Still one of my favorite fics of all time. Can't remember how many times I've reread this.
quentin3655 chapter 4 . 4/21/2020
Not gonna lie, the Lamenter comment put a smile on my face considering that they are my Favorites. Thanks, I like the headcanon that some people appriciate them...
496 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »