Reviews for Contact at Kobol
DyingInnocence chapter 2 . 12/18/2021
The opera house is not a little hint. :P
CommunityDirector chapter 80 . 12/9/2021
I enjoyed this story thank you for writing it! I’m not interested in the spin-off stories because of those cross-overs but this was still a well written story!
Seprith Li Castia chapter 80 . 12/4/2021
An interesting story. With flaws, but still fun.

I think it does pretty well as a cross-over. The two settings are mixed together nicely and nothing feels out of place. I think there is some serious lack of respect for the Glactica side of things with fairly one-note characters and a lack of any real development for them. The Stargate side, on the other-hand, still lacks much development for its characters, but you have a very interesting take on a post-series Tau'ri that has a lot of potential; that was the highlight for me.

More generally: various plot-notes and even plot-lines are either left forgotten or rendered pointless, even as soon as a chapter later. Nevertheless, there was clearly a lot of effort put into this and it can be a nightmare to balance a cast this big.

Overall, I think this story is a mixed big of quality. But i still read it through to the end and I am still curious about what will happen next.
Seprith Li Castia chapter 75 . 12/4/2021
That is... a remarkably inventive idea for a super-weapon! Logically sound basis with Asgard technology and its application is impressive. The idea sounds a little hokey in a way, but its strength is undeniable. Really cool idea!
Seprith Li Castia chapter 20 . 12/3/2021
I was worried, based on what happened before, that you were going to straw-man Cain. Maybe this is just my interpretation, but I always saw her as a tough commander who only went kinda-crazy after being betrayed by her girl-friend and cracking under the pressure of leading the last remnants of her people.

The less said about the detail of that "trail" or "hearing" the better, but it paints her as a very bland villain arch-type.

On the other side of thing... I am actually very interesting in see first contact with the Cylons. Since this is the '03 version and pre-nukes, these Cylons are actually morally good - having only fought it what amounts to a slave revolt for freedom. The fact the Tau'ri can detect the human model versions just makes it even more compelling.
Seprith Li Castia chapter 10 . 12/3/2021
Hm... Liking this so far. One of the best parts about sci-fi cross-overs is comparing and contrasting the cultures of the two and this does well setting the up before we even get into proper first contact territory.

There is something amusing about how the Kobol side is completely focused on that first contact, though, but the Stargate side is just "item number five on the agenda" about it. Although, I am surprised not to see any speculation about what a "Cylon" is consider that is why they were fired upon.

Anyway, enjoying it so far. Looking forward to reading more!
LegoDoc chapter 79 . 11/26/2021
The Dream of Flight, such a beautiful and elegant piece
LegoDoc chapter 57 . 11/26/2021
Why did i hear Thrawns Theme when Leong was talking with Cain?
kenn.davis.56 chapter 33 . 11/6/2021
watch?vJgk3u44W2i4&listOLAK5uy_lphUTW8WlO7R96sLaqqF48OkqIUCKn6JA
kirosyamcha chapter 2 . 11/1/2021
you keep, up to this point calling them BC-303 Daedalus class, but the 303 was Prometheus. the BC-304 was the Daedalus class. The Prometheus was the first ship launched by earth, that fought Anubis when he invaded.
TL chapter 25 . 8/20/2021
Rereading this after a few years and I can't believe I didn't pick up on the irony of a priest of Zeus, of all gods, harping on about honoring ones elders and parents.

Zeus? The one who stole his eldest brothers inheritance? Who slayed his own father? Who is the youngest of his siblings, yet rules over all?

I know he is supposed to die at the hands of his son, like his father died to his, but he tried to get around that by being good to his kids. What a poor, twisted version of Zeus these Colonials worship.
wolfpackrwby88 chapter 31 . 7/29/2021
Gumby, you really, REALLY need to shut up and stop and think for a moment...
The author is writing this in a manner similar to how episodes of SG1 or BSG would likely play out on tv...

What's more, they've inherited the Asgard's will/spirit/whatever, do you honestly see THEM using the extreme measures & tactics you're suggesting?

Earth has the technology, tactics, & strength of arms to crush the colonials like bugs, but the wisdom to hold back and use just enough to make their points known... There's a saying that goes "even Buddha will get angry when struck three times", so basically they're giving the colonials a chance to acknowledge that they fucked up hard, but are ready to drop the hammer on them when the colonials rebuff their mercy...

The colonials are also religious zealots, of varying degrees, so common sense and the "hit them hard and fast then stand back & look smug" tactics you're preaching would (and always will be) ineffective...

You can't reason with religious extremists... All you can do is tolerate them until they go too far, then crush them so badly that their descendents decades (if not centuries) down the line would be hesitant to anger you again...
Worldmaker chapter 2 . 3/25/2021
Yeah, I'm sorry, but this story is completely unreadable. Its you. Its your writing. You're horrible.
Worldmaker chapter 1 . 3/25/2021
Your writing style, wherein you directly addressed the reader, is off-putting and the sign of a bad writer. Never address the reader directly.
Darth Gumby chapter 34 . 3/22/2021
Earth doesn’t want a war with the Colonies. They’re tied up in Pegasus at the moment. They have limited resources and are in a growth phase at the moment. To that end, the Tau’ri response should have been to demand the heads of the people responsible...including Cain. When that didn't happen Earth should have gone in and blasted a bunch of Colonial military infrastructure, fucked up their military shipyards and set them back a few decades. They then declare the issue resolved give the colonials updated maps and issue an ultimatum for the Colonies to stay the fuck out of Tau’ri space on penalty of Round 2. The Politicians can pretty it up and throw in a bunch of stuff about how the Colonies are to blame and brought it all on themselves by attacking innocent civilians…. All the standard psy ops stuff. Earth then just parks a bunch of recon Satellites along the borders to keep watch over the Idiot Colonials and focuses it’s attention on winning the war in Pegasus and expanding their fleet to secure their position as the 5th Race. It’s win win for them, they get their revenge, they avoid a long drawn out conflict and they get to look benevolent and wise in the eyes of the Nox.
Earth doesn't need to launch a full scale war to cripple the colonies. Attacking with fleets or squadrons of Fighter/Bombers would only drive the Colonial leadership into hiding and make them stubbornly resistant to making peace. Hit them hard...then acknowledge your done and walk away.
They can't actually do much harm to Earth and monitoring Satellites would insure they didn't get near Valhalla again.
We eventually send in a covert ops team to extract Admiral Cain and the military planners who authorized the attacks on Vallhalla. We take them back to Gaia to stand Trial, sentence them to suitably long rehabilitation cracking rocks on some Tok'ra outpost in the ass end of nowhere... and we call it a victory.
5,314 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »