Reviews for Morning Light
skadoo chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
I enjoyed this. I liked the line -"Looking at me like I'm a damn hallucination."
Kerry J chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
This was the right mix of fun and deep conversation, I loved it!
I did feel a bit bad for Chakotay who seemed unable to believe this was for real and was very glad to find in the end that Janeway had actually arranged their accidental meeting because this should tell Chakotay she's serious.

Great story - favourited.
MarMar1 chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
I can't believe I missed this when it was first posted! Lovely, fun story. I really like the light/heavy bit. I can see KJ being 'light'...it would come from her total commitment and trust, very much like her IMHO. Thanks for a wonderful read.
Megara79 chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
I just stumbled upon this, and though it's been ages since you wrote it, I just wanted to tell you what a great job I think you've done. I love the contrasts between Janeway and Chakotay, her being light, him being anything but. A fantastic read!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/17/2002
It's funny I've always thought that it was much more innovative to have a man and woman that were close and intimate friends without having a sexual or romantic relationship. Considering the positions both J and C had on the ship it would sure as heck seem a whole lot more believable imo. Funny that some fan groups feel that these two "had" to have a romantic relationship. A non romantic relationship has a lot more dynamics in this case than just the typical physical relationship.

Also seems unlikely that given the fact the trip was supposed to take 70 years that Janeway was expecting Chakotay to wait for her. They would have been how old when they were able to start their romance. Not likely.
Vossi chapter 1 . 12/17/2002
A wonderful story, exact the way I see Kathryn. Thanks for sharing.
Mizvoy chapter 1 . 12/14/2002
Thanks! Another winner. I love the way Kathryn manipulates him into this-so typical of a woman. And I love the way he demands 100% from her-he deserves no less.

BTW, have you noticed how many more reviews your Voyager stories get? Because we appreciate you! LOL
zenny chapter 1 . 12/13/2002
Actually, I've known lots of people who didn't connect in the past only to discover each other later. How many of us have seen old flames rekindled at class reunions and such? How many have seen people who'd pined away for someone else for years end up with them twenty years later? The truth of the matter is that in human relationships, anything can happen. C/7 itself is proof of that. So, just because C and 7 are infatuated with each other in Endgame doesn't mean it's a lifetime deal. People change. Circumstances change. Where there's life, there's hope.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2002
i think it's becuase they were building J/C in the series for so long, and the Seven thing came right out of left field. The first indication Seven had any interest in Chakotay was her holo-program where she explored having feelings for someone. And then suddenly they were dating, it was weird.

There's that, and the fact that Seven is Westley Crusher of Voyager, the innocent who knows the answer to all questions and knows everything character. It's a little maddening.
SusanC chapter 1 . 12/11/2002
This is a charming story, with some of the most mature dialog regarding J/C and why Janeway could not let Chakotay get close on Voyager. Thank you so much for writing this. Please continue writing stories.

Susan
Guest chapter 1 . 12/11/2002
As a matter of curiosity, why do all writers who favor J/C think that Seven and Chakotay would break up? They certainly seemed enchanted with each other at the end of the series. This story is much kinder in the breaking up than most but I find it curious. I have never know any individual who would be happy with someone who never showed them any interest for years and years. Most men have too much pride to accept such a situation. In fact even the actor who portrayed the character of Chakotay expressed similiar thoughts about J/C.
Gypsy chapter 1 . 12/10/2002
Really GOOD. You captured the characters well.

An easy and enjoyable read. Thanks
deltame chapter 1 . 12/9/2002
I loved the dialogue here! This is very realistic, following their characters well. You managed to deal with so many things so easily (or so it seems!). Thanks. I look forward to reading more of your writing.
stargazer chapter 1 . 12/9/2002
A really wonderful story. I think this really a possibility how this relation could go on... Strong characters, a lot of good answers to all our questions. May they live long and prosper!
stargazer chapter 1 . 12/9/2002