Reviews for An Aggregation of Maladjusted Companions
Angela deserved some sort of reprimand there, I mean she was SERIOUSLY out of bounds, even for the leeway the show gives her to be acting like a gossipy teenager on a conference call like that...
Ugh you had to bring up the 'forensic podiatry' guy... he was an absolute imbecile. The show presented it like a surgeon (or pediatrist, heh) wanting to separate their field from medicine... you can't just totally splinter off a sub-specialty into its own thing.
hesvanloon chapter 43 . 11/25
Took me some time to review, but thank you so much for this story! It is amazing, with great details that didn't make it boring, but better. Loved it!
Hello!
I just stumbled upon your book and wanted to let you know that I loved it it was fantastic and I only wish that the show had offered us a little of what you showed us! You’re writing was fantastic!
Not signing in because I'm too lazy to do so but I have to commend you on this story so far. I only found it by chance and I'm glad I've stuck around to continue reading. Although I'm losing precious sleep time as it's going on 2am in the morning. I have 15 more chapters to read at this point before I am done and I am loving your story.

The whole video call scene in this chapter had me laughing. Poor Clark. It rang so true with how the character is on the show that I couldn't help but snicker.

Great job - I am definitely planning to finish this in one go.
Just re reading...thanks for your stories. hope you come back to bones fanfiction at some point.. we are still fairly alive and well.
Don’t mind the nay-sayers. I think it’s merely because you wrote the inner dialogues and struggles of the characters. Something which a tv-show cannot do. They merely can show a look to implicate such feelings - and some people can’t as easily pick up on that.
Besides, I think it’s interesting that you focus on Brennan vulnerability and insecurity. Some of my favorite Bones episodes were diving into those. Especially the “three days to adjust” episode, after realizing just how much booth and Hannah’s relationship affected her in season 6.

In summary: Do you. Your an awesome writer
She really drives him crazy doesn’t she?
KatieBeth503 chapter 43 . 7/12
*Settles in to write review*

I apologize in advance if I tend to ramble, my reviews at times tend to resemble a stream of consciousness. Also a book, I intend to write you a book, because that's just how I roll.

First of all, I noticed that you wrote this over the course of about three years, and I wanted to say that I admire your dedication to the story and to your readers in making sure you finished it and resolved things even though, as we all do, you have a life outside of fanfic. Also, having read the whole story in the space of a week or so, I can see, even from chapter 1 to chapter 43 how certain aspects of your writing steadily improved over time. It was very good from the beginning, because I am somewhat of a snob and do not usually continue past the first chapter if a story is poorly written or riddled with terrible spelling and grammar (although I am reading your other story, the one you say has such terrible errors in one of your A/Ns, and I don't find anything horribly objectionable as to make that one unreadable either) but somehow became even better by the final chapter.

Next I want to say that I admire your ambition in creating so many original characters with distinct personalities and histories, as well as a diverse cast of characters from the show, and introducing them in such a way as to interest the reader in where each person's story is going. Not everyone writes in original characters with particular success - it is something I struggle with - and to be honest I don't always like to read them - but I found myself becoming invested in yours. As each was introduced I wanted to see where their particular story would go, and at times, when a character would come back into focus after an absence, I would find myself thinking - oh, good, I was waiting to see what would happen with that character's storyline! I don't even know how you keep them all straight, or come up with names, let alone their whole plotlines. It's something I find extremely impressive.

Also, tone. So, I am six months pregnant, so it is not terribly hard to make me feel a diverse range of emotions, but nevertheless, this is another thing your story has accomplished. In the space of a few chapters I found myself experiencing empathy for the characters, personal validation, humor, romanticism, relief, satisfaction, any number of other things I can't name off hand, but regardless, the ability to write in a way that makes the reader FEEL things is something special. I absolutely love the way this wraps up with Cara, and with the promise of all that's to come in their relationship. After all they've been through in the course of the story the ending feels very cohesive.

At times I admit it can be difficult for me to commit to reading a multichap story, and I know I often miss good work by looking for something that can be fully read in a night, but sometimes an idea pulls me in enough to read a bit, and if the story grabs me, I'll go along for the ride. This one grabbed me and I'm extremely glad it did because I enjoyed it very much. I intend to read some of your other work (I've already read a bit, some shorter stuff mostly). A good multichap story blends various genres so that the heavier aspects of the story are balanced with lighthearted fun (and sexytimes for good measure!) and don't become overly predictable, and that is exactly what you've done here.

Overall, I just love the EMOTIONS in this so much. When I think through different aspects of the story, the character development, the interactions, I appreciate your understanding of the complexity of the characters and their feelings and how well that translates into your writing. I enjoy being able to identify with both the good times and the bad times in my favorite characters' stories and feeling their emotions (sometimes so much so that family members who observe me reading tell me I'm "making that face at my computer again")

I know when I go to bed tonight (oh, okay, it's morning) I'll think of about sixteen other things to say but for now they're deserting me, so I'm going to leave this here before I exceed my wordcount. But from someone who read this well over a year after its completion, I just wanted to say thank you, I enjoyed it very much.
KatieBeth503 chapter 40 . 7/11
Two nights in a row that I can't wait another chapter to say something!

Yeah, I knew. And I want to tell you how much I appreciate how you handled this chapter. Sometimes, those of us whose experiences are comparatively mild, when juxtaposed with those of others, are made to feel invalidated - I'm sure not intentionally - but it happens. No one needs to be told "it could have been worse". You know that, everyone knows that, but that doesn't negate the effect of having something traumatic in your past. I'm not going to get into that in too much detail in a review, but I wanted you to know I felt validated by this, which is something I've seldom felt in 18 years. Thank you for that.
KatieBeth503 chapter 38 . 7/11
So, I have so much more to say about this story than I am going to say right now (all good I promise) seeing as I'm binging all the chapters in freaking 2019 (long story short, I quit watching Bones for a while, but binged it twice this year already), but your A/N for this chapter made me wanna thank you right away. I *adore* B&B and I'm somewhat uncomfortable with the inability to distinguish the characters from the actors, especially as far as romance goes. I've been a part of a lot of fandoms and I feel this way about all of them, even ones in which the actors were not, at the time, 'attached', or actually did engage in some sort of relationship. These people's lives aren't ours just because they happen to live in the public eye. They aren't our personal playthings and it isn't respectful to them to discuss their lives and dictate what their choices should be. And come on, this is the internet, it's not like they can't read the things people say. Hell, I have a puppet twitter account, I'd be shocked if *anyone* in the public eye did not. I occasionally catch flak for feeling this way as well but I refuse to apologize for it, because fiction is fiction and real life is real life and real live people deserve respect and privacy. Now, what goes on in your own head is your own business but putting it out in the world so blatantly where anyone can see it... no, I'm not into that. So basically I just wanted to say I support you on that.

Now, when I finish this story I will leave a much longer and story-oriented review, but just until then (it is nearly 5:30 am, holy cow) - I love this premise and the unique take you have on it, I love the way you've written the characters - the way I see them, they *both* have their strengths AND their insecurities and the combination of those things is what makes them 'fit' so well. It's my understanding there have been some critical reviews, and unfortunately in my experience this is sort of the way things go, the more readers you have, the more likely somebody is going to get their panties in a wad. I'm not usually prolific enough in publishing to earn flames, so at least there's that. Anyways, the characterization, the emotions, the conference stuff, the sexytimes, I am really enjoying all of it and the only reason I haven't reviewed every single chapter is because when I finish one all I want to do is go to the next one, or, as is occasionally necessary, sleep. Thus - long review at the end. I'm excited to have found your stories in general, my initial experience with the fandom was many years ago, circa 2008-9 and many of the authors I read back then slipped away from the show and thus from writing it, when I did, or even before - so it's a very thrilling discovery to find great stories and great authors who were unknown to me back then. Looking forward to reading the rest of this!
ehliza chapter 43 . 6/27
I am so stocked this got finished. I started reading it way back when you first posted it and found it finished now when I was browsing ffnet for new stuff to read. Yay! This was such a great story, start to end. Heartwarming, hot, interesting on every single page. Love your stuff!
JoanneG97 chapter 43 . 11/20/2018
Oh my goodness, I started reading this 2 days ago and once I started, I just couldn't stop! I absolutely loved it! As someone else pointed out, some things were a bit out of character for both Booth and Bones, BUT, it doesn't matter. That's why it's Fanfiction, and I loved every single chapter of it!
Hazmatt chapter 43 . 9/28/2018
Amazing story! I really enjoyed it!
Liz86000 chapter 43 . 8/25/2018
I really adoooored this story, thank you so very much for sharing it with us. But I did have a few questions/remarks if I may ?
- I was kinda surprised that B & B never spoke about Hannah, or the fact that Brennan was going to tell him she wanted to try when he "moved on" so damn quickly... She never told him, and he never apologized... That always bugged me, for him to profess a forever love and then a few months later...
- I found it a bit strange that Brennan didn't react more strongly to the fact that she would be locked in a small room (during the escape game), as since she was buried alive, that would have made her a bit nervous ? But maybe she wasn't because she knew Booth was going to be with her ?
- And finally: I just LOVE Mickey & Jeannie. It was really great to have that older & nice couple supporting B & B.
Thanks again for a wonderful story. I loved your Booth & Brennan and their dynamic.
1,360 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »