Reviews for Sandcastles
annejoy chapter 3 . 9/8
I've read this story in 1998 (wow, almost 20 years ago). I loved it back then and I'm still loving it. It's perfect. I still have a printed copy of it although I moved four times since then. It's like a treasure I want to keep.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this wonderful story!
So glad to find this story. Its the best. I read parts of it long ago then again about a year ago. Replaced my phone and couldn't remember the title or where I found it. Great to read again!
Jordan Trevor chapter 1 . 5/7
I just now discovered this story, and I'm so glad I found it. It is excellent! I love the idea and the character interactions. I like the way the reader sees Chakotay thinking, and his description of the canyons and his enjoyment of canyoning seems right for the character. I laughed out loud when the crew first called the baby C.J. - I like the idea of a little Chakotay Junior! Thanks so much for writing and sharing!
Little Miss Janie chapter 3 . 12/15/2015
Wonderful story, definitely one of my favorites! Thank you so much for posting this, I loved every minute of it!
Missyhissy3 chapter 3 . 11/28/2015
Such a lovely story - I can't believe how much work you must have put into this! - thank you for sharing it here.
Doc Yewll chapter 3 . 11/23/2015
amei!
scwusa chapter 3 . 11/22/2015
Bravo!
Becks101 chapter 2 . 7/4/2015
Since this is the first Voyager fic I have read since starting the series, I have to say you're doing such a good job with this. The way their relationship develops in this is fantastic, and I really really hope you'll post an update soon :)
Guest chapter 2 . 5/29/2015
Please please please continue!
SkyDancer81 chapter 2 . 4/18/2015
Glad to see this posted here!
Guest chapter 2 . 4/18/2015
WOnderful reread as always
mishka chapter 1 . 4/18/2015
Glad to see that this is finally posted here. Its always a great story to reread.
Beawild chapter 2 . 4/2/2015
Great, they finally crossed the line and became a couple. I would have loved to have seen Tuvok's face when the captain requested a five minute beam out delay.
The Cheshire Cheese chapter 2 . 3/28/2015
I'll be blunt, this was a really slow chapter. But I know you stated before that in 1998, fan-fiction worked differently, so that's forgivable. I was also irked by how the characters kept talking as if Kolopac was the only child on Voyager, when baby Naomi had a significant role in "Basics" and So am's pregnancy was a running plotline in Season 2. But since this is an old fic I don't expect you to tamper with it over a detail like that. I'm just being nit-picky.

I liked the last few sections of this chapter, especially when Janeway and Chakotay discussed Kolopac's fate if they returned to Earth while the Maquis war was still going on. Looking forward to the next update!
The Cheshire Cheese chapter 1 . 3/27/2015
Spock's beard, this was all one chapter? Seeing all the "chapters" within this, I thought you'd just dumped the entire story into a one-shot. Well, this is a fantastic story so far, so I'll certainly be reading the rest.

First off, I usually don't like Kes, or J/C, but I'm enjoying both here, as you've written them.

And that moment where Chakotay sees the family side of Carrey, noting that without this child he never would have, was a great reminder that this is an alternate reality, and a tragic irony in reference the "real" one.

And I'm glad Chakotay named his son after his father. I did a "what if the baby was Chakotay's" ficlett a while back, and decided Kolopac was a perfect name for the child. (Kol being a cute nickname for him.)

Okay, off to read more. I'll certainly be recommending this fic in the next chapter of whatever story I decide to work on.